Scholes Confirmed as Oldham Manager

SuperRash

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He’s not someone I naturally thought oh he’s going to become a manager’ when he finished playing so will be very interesting to see how he does. He’s obviously grown up under the tutelage of the greatest manager of all time so that’ll stand him in good stead.

Will get him out of the BT studio as he’s not the best pundit for sure!

Feels like he's stepped in where no one else would that clubs been in a mess for a while.

Be interesting to see how he does because he doesn't strike me as a manager especially with players who can't do what he can do with the ball but his experience at Salford may help him at that level because he's at least seen what it's like lower down the leagues. I wonder if they'll get Mourinho/LVG/Moyes in as a punditry panel for a game if they ever get picked for TV.

He's had to give up his role as a director at Salford due to the conflict of interest but has retaining his 10% share in the club.

He did some coaching when he first retired at Utd but was back playing within 6 months since then I don't think he's been involved in a club just been on the punditry circuit.

Makes his managerial debut tonight. Leading 1-0 at HT

He's walked after a month in charge.

He won one of 7. His first.

Apparently the BBC was incorrect and he's won 4. I shouldn't be silly enough to believe them.

He's walked because the manager was interfering.

Sky Sports says he won 1, drew 3 and lost 3. Don’t really pay much attention to lower league games unless I’m betting on them!

Not the best foray into management but I think he’ll come again.

Ignore me. I was having a mare. Said to a friend ‘he only one won’ talking about Scholes he responded saying ‘nah. Won 4’ talking about Cheltenham races. Crossed wires.

Scholes didn’t do well at all.

There's a lot going on behind the scenes at that club the previous manager walked out, they had an academy guy step in as interim and it seems like no one wanted to go near it which is why they turned to Scholes.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sounds like he’d make a better coach than manager if he decides to go back into it he admits himself the analysis of other teams bored him a bit now at bigger clubs you have people to do that for you but you’ll still need to be a major part of that to prepare your plan.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back