Sanchez wants to leave?

Red Warrior

I've seen another report today, following up reports from last week, that Sanchez' people are looking for a January exit for him. PSG could be interested but his wages are a stumbling block.

Do we think this is true? He looks a shadow of himself from 12/18 months ago. Would anyone take a very large punt on a 29 year old who is out of form? We swapped Sanchez with Mkhitaryan who was at least a £40m player, Sanchez has a long contract so what would his fee be now, £60-70m on current form, £120-150 on form?

I bet he is kicking himself for not waiting and going to City!

Mhkitaryan wasn’t performing at all for us. He’s struggling to make the Arsenal starting 11 regularly. I’d be surprised if PSG would be willing to pay £40m for Sanchez until he can prove himself. But if that happens he’s going nowhere

Di Maria is going Barcelona. That’s the worlds worst kept secret. Barca and PSG are all politics at the moment. Barca want both Di Maria and Rabiot on frees.

If he wants out let him go cut the losses and if he really wants to go wages won’t be a problem he’d just have to accept the pay cut.

I doubt Utd would even demand a massive fee banking £40m or take someone in exchange if they really wanted to come.

He’s been a massive disappointment but another player signed because of his name not because he fits our system.

Can’t say I be sad to see him go but I have a nagging thought that he’d flourish under a different system

Well wasn’t the worlds best kept secret he got injured in preseason

Sanchez happy to be United 'loner', but issues ultimatum - Football365

Article obviously contains no quotes but the fact these things are slipping out regularly now suggests the agent is letting things be known.

I understand his frustration at not being in the team but he's not in the team because he doesn't deserve to be my guess is if Utd had a way of getting him out the door they'd probably take it but his options now are even more limited than they were at Arsenal unless he massively reduces his wage demands.

To me the links to PSG are just lazy there's no way they can afford to sign Sanchez and he doesn't actually get in their starting XI either.

Arsenal fans can giggle at us for being stuck with Sanchez but they're stuck with Ozil for the exact same reason because they also signed off a ludicrous contract for a player that they're struggling to fit in and isn't delivering the results that justify the pay cheque.

'Raging' Sanchez wants out at United after Mourinho slight - Football365

I mean if he’s not injured and he’s not even making the bench in a must win game for Utd there’s something seriously wrong here.

I know he’s not been great but personally I think he had a good little run of performances before the internationals then he’s dropped to the bench for Lukaku then dropped completely.

Someone needs to ask about this tomorrow as fans deserve to know what is going on.

It’s ridiculous and just screams he was a Woodward signing.

Or Mourinho is trying to project him as a Woodward signing by dropping him as he seems pretty loyal to the guys who are clearly his boys Zlatan, Matic, Lukaku basically played every minute of every game when fit from the moment they joined.

If Mourinho is really letting Woodward sign players then he's not the man I thought he was because if he had any pair of balls about him he'd have walked in the summer or just settled on a deal to leave I think Mourinho wanted Sanchez but I don't think Utd did there homework on him and didn't factor in the effect he'd have on the squad.

I dunno that summer I think a bit like LVG's first summer there were deals already in the pipeline that he signed off on but didn't necessarily recommend.

Mhiki was a guy on Utd's radar prior to Mourinho felt like he was the 3rd part of a buy 2 get the 3rd free deal with Mino Raiola in that first summer because we wanted Pogba and Zlatan for some star quality in a squad that lacked any dazzle and shine for the marketing boys. Bailly to me always felt like someone we'd scouted under LVG rather than Mourinho purely because of his age and profile our scouts thought they'd spotted a gem that could polish bit like Dalot.

I don't think it matters who signed him. he's not good enough to play, nor is Bailly, or Lukaku and nor Rashford really. But what choice does he have.

The real shame about the Sanchez signing, is we are going to lose De Gea because of it. And that is down to Woodward, no one else. Stupid stupid wages.

I don’t feel Sanchez isn’t one of our best 11. He should be playing.

I feel like the Sanchez signing has caused so many problems.

Woodward basically bought him to flex his muscles at City, he didn't think it through and not only does he not probably what to be here, he is not good enough.

But his wages have had such a negative impact on Pogba and De Gea that the signing is looking like one of the worst pieces of business the club has ever made. Worse than even Birtles!

I wonder if the club are alienating him so they can get him off their books and try and keep the wages down. But It's probably too late for that.

I think he's struggled to fit into the playing style, sounds like he's struggled to settle into life in Manchester, he's split up with his long term girlfriend so by the sound of it he's having a bit of a rough time of things because purely on merit he shouldn't be in the team.

That said is he really playing any worse than Lukaku, Rashford, Lingard & Mata have been for the last year even Martial in the last 2 games has lost that burst of energy he had before the international break.

To me he hasn't looked fit since he arrived and he's not a guy who seems to like not playing so when he's out injured you know it's serious as at Arsenal he'd be desperate to play every minute of every game. I don't remember him having many injuries at Arsenal

I think the club under estimated the impact his signing would have it's clearly unsettled things in the dressing room because of the money and the fact he's not lived up to the hype, it's easy to brush off the wages if he's banging in goals every week but he isn't.

Why do we buy so many flops lately?Di Maria, Depay, Shneiderlin, Sweini, Miki, Bailly, Sanchez.

I'm sure there are more that I haven't listed.

It's a strange one though. Look at that list of players.

Depay I was excited by and couldn't wait to see more of. Di Maria was a world class talent and a statement signing. Schniderlin has just had a great season and I thought we'd got ourselves a gem. Then when he signed for us his passing deteriorated and his tackling was poor. Bastian we all knew was a world class talent but a little older. But at 31 we thought he'd do a good job for us for a couple of years. Mhkitaryan came with all the hype in the world. Sanchez scored 27 goals and got 13 assist in 44 games in his last full season before signing for us. None of them were obviously going to fail.

I've left Bailly out as I wasn't excited when we signed him I wondered who the hell he was.

We could actually add Lukaku to that list as he is going backwards and did for half of last season too. Rojo could be chucked in there, Kagawa, Zaha, Falcao... Yeh ok I did use Google for these haha

Lukaku is only 45 minutes away from going a 1000 minutes without a goal at Old Trafford according to a FB post I read. Not sure how true that is.

Also said Sanchez has earned £12m since Lukaku last scored at OT. Man City have scored 83 goals and Madrid have had 3 managers.

On paper the signings we’ve made have been good but none have settled or showed any sort of form. Depay looked like an awesome signing but never settled. Di Maria looked amazing for his first few games but then the burglary happened and also LVG wasn’t the best guy to inspire you. The list goes on and on.

I kind of knew the likes of Falcao and Schweinsteiger were destined to fail because they were shadows of their former selves.

It’s just been one disaster after another with our signings and the fact that our potential line up on Saturday could conceivably have 6 players still from the Fergie and Moyes reigns shows this.

Signed players with big names and reputations without thinking how they fit in the team they've been good players but retrospectively you have to think how did they actually fit in.

Di Maria ~ one of the best dribblers in world football and a risk taker signed for a manager who doesn't like players who take risks outside of the attacking 3rd.
Depay ~ Basically see above and his ego exploded at the club but wasn't ready for the PL.
Schniederlin ~ star player in a defensive team that like to counter. Signed to play under LVG who likes possession players.
Schweinstieger ~ frozen out by Pep a bit because injuries had caught up to him and he couldn't run.
Mhiki ~ Fantastic in the Dortmund high pressing system. Do we play anything like that?

Sanchez was just anther one for the list really a star name signed because he was available not because we actually needed him. The warning signs about his possibly decline were there in those 6 months at Arsenal before he came he was really quite poor but people were unsure if he was just having a sulk because his move fell through or if it was genuine decline. Sadly for us he's never really been able to turn the power back on and he that guy he was in his prime at Arsenal to me though he looks like a player who's gone over the hill just as he's joined us which is why he's apparently desperate for the easy life at PSG.

Lukaku I could see the thinking behind young striker scores a lot of goals in a lesser team kind of ready made for the premier league and aim is coach and develop the missing bits of his game that turn him from a good striker into a world class one. To be fair he finished last season really strong looking like he was really stepping up his all round game but my god this season he's been woeful looks a stone over weight and mentally drained and the fans are really starting to turn on him.

We really need him to shine in the Copa America and have a big game against one of the better sides later on to try and tempt someone.

Our best hope is getting him out on loan and someone paying a big chunk of his wages next season.

If Lukaku leaves he might stick around and be the backup centre forward to Rashford but he needs to keep himself fit and find some confidence.

Only real route out for him is a move to China or MLS for the 2020 season like Fellaini and Zlatan did sit around for 6 months and go mid season. If he goes to China Utd might get a nominal fee £15m if it’s MLS we probably get nothing.

Can’t see him going in truth, don’t think we look like signing many attacking players this summer so probably need him for squad depth. Not saying I want to keep him but if we do then I think we need to find a position for him through the middle, he won’t do much good on the wings but as a false 9 type, it could work.

Our best option is to get him fit and firing again. The guy isn’t done.

He’s top scorer in Copa America at the moment. 2 goals 1 assist in first two games. Hopefully a great Copa America can see him come back with confidence and having fallen in love with the game again.

Our best option is to get him fit and firing again. The guy isn’t done.

He’s top scorer in Copa America at the moment. 2 goals 1 assist in first two games. Hopefully a great Copa America can see him come back with confidence and having fallen in love with the game again.

Watching his last 2 seasons he’s a shadow of the player we saw when he first came to Arsenal.

Technique will never leave him but his legs are gone and his pace is going without that he loses the intensity and edge he had just like Rooney, Tevez and now Suarez that bullish nature that unsettled defenders for 90 minutes is gone.

The injuries are a growing concern as well limps out of a lot of games these days with muscle injuries I just think he’s got lots of miles on the clock and things are starting to break.

I think keep him maybe give him the Europa league games at centre forward and hope that attracts offers in January.

Bit like Ronaldo his days as a rampaging winger are over but Sanchez is still a quality finisher and decent in the air so he probably needs to play more like a number 9 be that at Utd or elsewhere. Arsenal had already started doing that with him in a lot of games before he left.

He's done. Get rid any way we can. The only thing that made sense when he was signed was that he was going to play from the right, give us some pace and balance on the right. Instead, he discombobulated Martial and then (by reports) his wages unsettled everyone else. Whatever minutes he would get in the next season should go to Chong or Greenwood or Gomes or even a proven winger.

The other thing is that contract the club just need it off the books so players can’t use it against us the sooner it’s gone the better. Assuming he’s taking a 25% pay cut for not being in the CL as was widely reported that’s still a basic salary of around £260k a week rather than £350k.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back