Sanchez Has Heart Set On United Move

Status
Not open for further replies.
The News of the World

By Adam Marshall, 26/06/2010

CHILE superstar Alexis Sanchez has his heart set on a move to Manchester United.

Sanchez's sparkling form has reaffirmed Sir Alex Ferguson's interest in his services and sources close to the player claim he's dreamed of joining the Red Devils since his boyhood years.

"All Alexis wants is to play for Manchester United," revealed a Chile team-mate, who did not want to be named.

"He'd give anything for that."

Udinese insist they don't want to sell the 21-year-old, who is nicknamed 'El Nino Maravilla' (the Wonder Boy), but it's understood the wide man would jump at the chance to head for Old Trafford.

feck Sanchez.

I think I made my feelings clear there. Don't need another winger, he's too short, not a fan. The only way he'd make it in the Prem is by running through the legs of the defenders.

I'd like a player playign for us who doesn't want to join Real Madrid eventually!! and Sanchez is good up front too and has shown some good passing ability when 've seen him play!!

i thought the barrera rumors were just hot air from teh press, after Manutd.com had done a scouting report on him

Re: Sanchez Has Hea Has Heart Set On United Move

I'll get another chance to see him tonight, not been overly impressed so far. Full of tricks and pace and that's about it from what i've seen so far.

Barrera looks a good player, don't think he's good enough for us though. Too good to be playing in Mexico though. Might be wrong about him not being good enough for us, it's hard to tell with World Cups.

Re: Sanchez Has His Heart Set On United Move

Bastos kept him quiet in Chile's game against Brazil, he was rather ineffectual.

Still seen nothing special from him, he'll have far tougher challenges than Bastos in the Prem. Bastos isn't even a defender. I don't remember him getting the ball much though.

Actually been quite impressed by Sanchez's technical ability while watching the World Cup. Seems like the type of player we could use. He's been used as a winger for Chile, but I'd like to see him in the attacking midfield role for United. We really lack a creative playmaker and I think Sanchez would actually be a nice fit in that role.

Has he ever played that role?

i think Sanchez is the nearest to CR currently, only players who i think are as naturally gifted with the technique and dribbling Sanchez and Obertan, but Obertan has a long way to go, needs to improve mentally and physically too...but can be a really good player

He's actually quite versatile. Can play winger, attacking mid, or even as a forward. Seen a few matches with him at Udinese and was impressed. I agree with the above comment in that he is similar to Ronaldo (not gonna call him the next Ronaldo though). Tons of pace, great technique, good dribbling. Like to play anywhere upfront, seems to wander from the wings a lot like Ronaldo used to. I'm by no means an expert on Udinese, but from things I've read he's capable of playing in any of the attacking positions.

How does Nani compare to Ronaldo and Sanchez? Again, I have seen a very limited amount of Sanchez (online highlights, a few Udinese matches, and all the Chile matches in the World Cup) so I'm by no means an expert on him. While there a similarities between Nani and Ronaldo, I still feel they are fairly different players. While he certainly made great strides in the second half of last season, Nani can't cut through defenses the way Ronaldo did for us. Sanchez on the other hands seems like the kind of player who can. He's got great potential and his technique is already good. Very quick with a good touch. He has all the flicks, tricks, and step over Ronaldo does. Nani uses these too, but I don't feel he is as effective as Ronaldo was or Sanchez can be. For me this is the difference between Nani and Sanchez. Sanchez seems to have all the flair and creativity and is capable of using it, while I feel Nani struggles when he tries to get too fancy. Right now I think creativity is something United is really missing and Sanchez would inject that into the squad. Our play was very one dimensional last season, a player with flair like Sanchez would help with that.

In other words, I wouldn't really compare Nani and Sanchez too much, as I feel they are fairly different. I think they both add something different to the squad, rather than two players that both do the same thing. Also feel Sanchez would be better utilized as an attacking midfielder rather than on the wings. I'd really like to see United try a 4-2-3-1 with Valencia-Sanchez-Nani as the attacking three and Rooney up top. May sound foolish to some, but I think it'd be very good. I've especially be impressed by the way Brazil has used this formation during the World Cup and think it would fit the United squad well. Especially as our full backs (Evra and Rafael) like to get forward and two anchors (Fletcher and Hargreaves) would allow the backs to get forward more by picking up some of the defensive slack, but that's a whole other topic.

I love this kid, shame we won't pay the money as they want 20-30 mill, I'd pay 17mill max.. I'm another fan of Barrera. Reminds me of Ronaldo with his running, tall, fast and direct. I assume we know a lot about the Mexican league and Barrera, so if we want him, at ÂŁ3mill we'd take him. We let Tosic go so we have ÂŁ8 mill to spend from that sale. With both these players it all depends on Fergie's view of Obertan. Is he good enough, will he get games next season? If so, then we won't buy another winger unless it's Barrera for a very cheap fee.

I honestly dont think Sanchez will do well in the prem league.

+1 on that mate.

Again not sure how much to believe from NotW. Do we even need him?

With Valencia injured....we need him bad!..His play is similar to Ronnie's..trust me he will light us up!!!!

Not sure on Sanchez, not seen much of him admittedly but his physique isn't suited to the Prem. We've seen it with David Silva at Shitty. Hernandez has struggled with the physical nature of England too a bit. Not saying that they won't adapt though as most do in the end.

Financial results on Friday. Should be very interesting.

Regardless of the financial situation, I think SAF will bid for either Sanchez or Ninis in Jan/Summer as well as Steven Defour! I can't wait to see him in a United shirt! Think Welbeck will leave in the summer, and Owen will go to Villa, possibly with Carrick! Who will replace VDS is anybodies guess! There are so many candidates it incredible! De Gea looks a great prospect! Lots of talk about Buffon, I'm not convinced! Be half tempted to bid for Shay Given!

Really hope we give our youngsters a chance rather than wasting money on players we simply don't need. Right wing is a position we don't need to improve. Maybe we are a little short of left sided players but we need to sign central midfirelders!!! I think we'll get a keeper in the summer and then I tink our priority should be signing at least 2 top centre midfielders.

Left footed winger, someone who goes to the byline is needed and 1 or 2 central mids. Keeper will also be needed, can't see TK staying beyond next summer.

i think we might see Robbie Brady get a chance some time this season. a good left winger, unlucky with Injuries or he'd have been on the fringes of the first team by now i think.

Isn't Sanchez equally good with both feet?

He is a player with ennormus potential, but he still has a lot of room to improve on some aspects about his game. He needs to be less selfish and needs to improve considerably in his shots.
But something similar was seen in a boy called Cristiano Ronaldo. And his evolution has been enormous. Then, the same thing can happen to Sanchez.

agree with Jorge, his lack of goals is his biggest weakness, even he could work on his strength... but will be an excellent buy, very dangerous running at defenders.

Been linked heavily with him today. Reports in Italy say we've had a bid accepted although Udinese are reluctant to let him leave until the Summer. Later reports suggested that something could be announced tomorrow. If he comes in, I think we could see Obertan going out on loan.

4-2-3-1. 3 of Nani-Sanchez-Valencia. Berba up top. Ando(b2b) and Carrick in mid + settled back 5. I think I read somewhere that he has a buy out clause of $36,000,000 US. That's not to say if we have bought him, we've paid that.

Didn't fancy the thought of Sanchez coming as I didn't feel we needed another right winger, however he has been playing as a striker of late and whenever I've seen him play there he has been incredible. Last weekend against Inter was one of the best performances I've seen from any player, apart from Messi, in a long time. Sign him up !

I saw him come on at HT in a central position against Kiko's Sampdoria in the cup and he completely changed the game. Udinese got back to 2-2 but then lost in the end. First time i've been really impressed by him.

Would do well in the prem, could play him on either wing or as a second striker. Its funny looking on youtube with comments saying "welcome to chelsea" and stuff. He's the reason i watched Chile in the WC.

Inter were favourites but seem to have gone with Pazzini. Leaving Kiko as Sampdoria's main striker :)

Scored 4 goals against Palermo so far. Nearly 60 mins gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back