Sam Allardyce at West Brom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoot

Banned
So, West Brom have pressed the panic button and brought in Big Sam the only England manager with a 100% record.
Some might say he shouldn't be in the game at all having brought brought its integrity into dispute but it will be interesting to see if he can pull the baggies out of trouble.
I am backing him to grind out a draw today. Go on Sam...

He shouldn't be in the game because his brand of football is awful

There’s no rule that says you have to play pretty football and big sam was an early adopter of stats which he used brilliantly with his early Bolton sides.

It isn’t pretty but it works which is why West Brom got him in he’s never been relegated and he’s got enough time to get them out of trouble.

His good work at bottom half teams normally leaves them in good shape when he leaves he rarely leaves a mess on his way out.

I don’t like his cry baby attitude about opportunities he’s had because it’s nonsense he’s rarely out of work and I’m guessing he’s made himself a small fortune out of the game but he blew his big chance with the national team.

I dont like him because of the Morrison fiasco but he's obviously a decent premier League manager.

I'd be shocked if they got anything today though. But I'd have said the same thing about Fulham. They do have a keeper in top form at the moment which always helps.

Can’t see them getting anything at Anfield the home record is nuts.

Have to say my heart sinks a bit when one of the struggling teams gets Big Sam in to try and beat the drop, its so short termist and lacking in imagination. The teams that beat the drop tend to score their way out of trouble, get in a decent striker or creator of goals in January instead of bringing in Sam and becoming a rugby team til May lol.

Have to say my heart sinks a bit when one of the struggling teams gets Big Sam in to try and beat the drop, its so short termist and lacking in imagination. The teams that beat the drop tend to score their way out of trouble, get in a decent striker or creator of goals in January instead of bringing in Sam and becoming a rugby team til May lol.

Quite the opposite sadly teams that have tight defences tend to stay up as they only need one or two goals to win games it’s why these type of managers always get hired. It’s also a very quick method of playing to teach imagine getting someone like Bielsa in mid season and expecting players to understand his methods quickly enough to keep you up.

Big Sam gets hired because he gets results but you don’t bring him in to build long term you bring him in to keep you up. The issue these clubs often face is how do you transition away from Big Sam?

West Brom fans can look at the positive you don’t have to pay your £30-40 on the gate to actually watch them play this season. They had to change as they were going nowhere but down under Bilic who had already fallen out with the board in the summer.

Quite the opposite sadly teams that have tight defences tend to stay up as they only need one or two goals to win games
Are you basing this on anything lol? A lot of teams who have stayed up over the years have a goalscorer / creative force, goals win games / points.

Obviously you need both but teams are much more likely to stay up in general if they're defensively sound. You aren't going to stay up if you're scoring 2 every week but they're letting 3 in down the other end.

Look at last yrs table. The bottom 4 conceded 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th most goals in the league.

They didn't score the least though. It was their defences not their lack of goals that caused them problems.

They outscored 9th, 13th, 14th and 15th in the league.

2019-20 3 of 4 worst defences go down
2018-19 3 of 4 worst defences go down

Doing wonders for the defence it seems. 4-0 down after 40 minutes against Leeds.

Being smashed again at home, this time against Arsenal. They look absolutely woeful.

They look in real trouble looks like that game at Liverpool took everything out of them.

Two big beatings won’t have done the confidence much good.

Allardyce saying he’s missed out on 2 players because they don’t meet the new work permit requirements due to Brexit.

He's leaving think it's for the best needs a fresh face to try and get them going for promotion again next season.

Assume they'll lose a few players can see Sam Johntstone being signed by a prem club same with Periera who I think could be exciting in a better side and it's unlikely they'll get Gallagher on loan again from Chelsea.

I think that's probably it for Allardyce think he quite likes these relegation dog fights so maybe he'll have another crack at a short term rescue mission if a team gets themselves in trouble next season.

Was surprised to see him come back for West Brom seemed like an impossible task when he took over must have offered him a huge bonus for keeping them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back