Ryan Tunnicliffe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been saying since last season when I saw him after he was brought to my attention that he should be playing for the Reserves now. Very good prospect. Definitely got the Roy Keane about him.

Tunnicliffe + Pogba were an incredible pairing in midfield for the academy last season! dominated games, don't think he'll start many reserve games this year with Corry Evans, Oliver Norwood and Magnus Eikrem all ahead of him, but with Possebon gone, might get more gametime..

Norwood is mainly known for his free kicks. But thing is with him, he's going to get international experience which is going to improve him. I value that, it's one of the reasons why I think the likes of Jonny Evans have made it.

Norwood's style of taking free kicks is very similar to Becks, he's an ok passer too, been used as a winger at times, might turn out to be a Beckham like winger..but plays mainly in central midfield

I've looked at some of the other scout reports on there and already established future stars and players who are already playing first team football are only a couple more marks ahead. I think the score is a good one. Chicha got 58 too albeit last May. Smalling got a 62. Great that he's been acknowledged, hoping he gets chances now.

He has made excellent progress through the ranks at Carrington and was tied down to a professional deal when he turned 17.

Now little over 12 months on from signing his first deal, he is a regular in the first-team squad and was recently awarded a squad number.

Bit of an exaggeration but he's surely pushed himself to fringes of the first team, might make his debut before the season is over?

Watching him makes me wish he was a few years older and a better player. Think he's the type of player we're missing.

Watching him makes me wish he was a few years older and a better player. Think he's the type of player we're missing.

agree, he has a little "devil" inside him. In a good way of course:) his determination to win every ball is inspiring for the other teammates.
Next Roy Keane??

Full article here: Posh keen on Tunnicliffe

Peterborough United hope to sign Manchester United teenager Ryan Tunnicliffe on loan and are also chasing Yeovil Town defender Craig Alcock.

Posh director of football Barry Fry told the Peterborough Evening Telegraph: "Ryan Tunnicliffe is a player we are interested in and the manager is trying to secure his services for the season."

I think this'll be great for him... most United youngsters get loaned out to League 1 or 2 first, to go straight into the Championship shows how highly he's rated... will he get games though? Maybe it would be better to start in League 1 with a side who will do well than a Championship side who aren't expected to do so well. I'm sure Fergie will make the right decision.

Probably get a run out in the League Cup and then go on loan in January? Don't really see him pushing the first team even if we are short, Lingaard and Powell are ahead of him and it's unlikely they'll be used much.

Hope its not true. Always thought he was the least talented but the best grounded of the"holy trinity".

Don't want to judge him until you hear the full story.

The incident happened at 2.15pm which suggests he may of still been over the limit from the night before or he had a drink at lunch we don't know how over the limit he was just good that no one got hurt.

What's more of a concern is that a reserve team player with 1 first team appearence can afford a £60k range rover how much are we paying these kids no wonder people question the motivation of some of them.

He is due to appear before magistrates in Bury on October 25.

Dont think there is much of a full story to hear with drink and driving. Its pretty black and white. You drink, crash, get breathalysed and charged.

£800 fine too.

Key line...
The court heard Tunnicliffe gave a breath sample of 62 micrograms at 2pm after drinking the night before.

He was still over the limit from the night before, easy mistake to make on Tunnicliffe's part. I'm sure a lot of people drive the next day without thinking they could still be over the limit from the night before. Must have been mashed to be still over the limit at 2pm the next day though.

£800 fine too.

Key line...

He was still over the limit from the night before, easy mistake to make on Tunnicliffe's part. I'm sure a lot of people drive the next day without thinking they could still be over the limit from the night before. Must have been mashed to be still over the limit at 2pm the next day though.
Absolutely.

A lot of people have done daft stuff the next day after having a few the night before, believe me. You're still effectively drunk the next day.

It was a stupid thing for him to have done, everybody makes mistakes- some bigger than others.

Events like this always put question marks over a player's future. A player who drinks so much on a night out at 19 years old when he is settlng in to a career cannot be suuficiently focussed. We have all done it, but then we are not all in professions where exceptional athleticism is required and 100% dedication. There are always exceptions that prove the rule, but I do not see Tunniclffe as being one of them. Tunniclffe will have to work hard at his football and does not have enough skill in reserve to lose his edge. He is very determined, but he needs to work hard on his technical ability. He wil not improve the latter through the haze of a hangover. I think his prospects have dimmed.

From what i've seen of Tunnicliffe he's a decent player, but i can never understand why younger players decide to put their careers in jeopardy? Be it boozing or whatever.

For me it's always been a case of younger players making quite good money and some thinking they've made it when they haven't. They think they can do what they want, women, booze etc. That behaviour makes you look like a spoilt brat and an idiot.

Tunnicliffe has done himself some real damage because Fergie will have noted it, and the kids gone right down the pecking order. Stupid behaviour doesn't enchance your career.

Thought he did well when he came on. Worked hard, got stuck in and played the pass that won the penalty at the end. Think Fergie showed that despite his drink driving charge he still has a lot of faith in him.

I was disappointed by Tunnicliffe's showing. I thought he looked of the pace, his passing was poor. Am I being unfair?

A little bit in my opinion. I though he did pretty well, he wasn't perfect but he offered some legs when we needed them.

His passing was poor, he got caught in possession more than once and Hazard turned him inside out. He has a long way to go before he will be in the starting line up in the Premiership. He may get into the shop window, as did Darren Gibson, with a view to a sale.

I think a loan move is likely in January rather than him being sold. He needs a good loan move now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back