Rui Faria to leave United at the end of the season

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Xavi Alonso has a coaching offer from a prem side.

My guess would be he's going into Liverpool to either replace Gerrard of Buvac, more likely Gerrard.

I’d like to think that along with improving the defence and midfield of the team along with adding an attack minded coach in McKenna will improve our attack next season. I think the attacking problems have been down to coaching more than anything but additions in the full back positions and midfield are also needed. Carrick has little coaching experience but having worked under Fergie mostly, you’d think he’d be more “United way” too.

With Fellaini looking likely to go, you’d hope that Mourinho will see that there needs to be more to us in attack than just having target men especially after Saturday. Surely he can see that?! I think Sanchez’s form has also shown that individual brilliance can not be relied on, our attack needs to work as a unit rather than as individuals and we need to move the ball quicker from defence to attack and for that you need a passing midfielder that is always looking to move the ball forward or out to the wings for them to take it on and it needs to be done quickly before the opposition have the chance to organise themselves. At the moment we’ve got Matic and Pogba both dawdling and dribbling the ball in our own half. Pogba has the talent to be playing those passes Carrick and Scholes used to and he needs to learn that there’s a time and a place for dribbling and that it’s quicker to pass the ball 50 yards than it is to run 10 yards. It’s no coincidence that Valencia stopped assisting as much once Scholes stopped playing as much, he would get the ball out to him quickly and so would Carrick.

Apart from keeper, there are problems everywhere else, not just personnel but in tactics and coaching. Signings will only solve one third of the problem. If the other 2 can be sorted along with signings I think we can really put a challenge down but I’m not convinced that any of the 3 will be sorted but they can be if Mourinho is willing to change it.

Dead right. I think with better tactic and more coaching the forwards would be a massive step forward and new 'square pegs in square holes' will work wonders for us.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back