Rose, Alderweireld and Dembele

O-Dog

According to the Beeb's gossip column, Spurs are looking to sell Rose, Alderweireld and Dembele this summer. Shall we offer them 60m for a job lot deal?

#easy summer.

I wouldn't take Dembele now I think he's on the downward curve a bit can still have match winning games but I don't think he's as consistent in that role now as he was for the 2 previous seasons.

Big questions over Rose as well almost a year out injured, hasn't look great since he came back even though it's clear like Alderwiereld Poch has frozen him out because he knows he wants out this summer.

As you know I'm all about trade deals now would you swap Shaw & Martial for Rose & Alderwiereld?

Maybe, im with you on Rose im not convinced he is back to his best, certainly wouldn't be paying 40/50 million for him, maybe if they throw in 10/20m as well haha Alderwiereld imo is the best CB in the league but both 29 with our two both 22 so have to take that into consideration as well

It's impossible to value players currently because that Neymar deal has just destroyed any previous logic for calculating a transfer fee.

I mean Stones, Laporte & Van Dijk are the most recent big CB transfers 2 of them were prem club to prem club as well so £50m for Stones & £75m for Van Dijk but both of them are young so have re-sale value whereas Alderwiereld doesn't so you would say that he's closer to 50m than 75m plus there's contract issues involved in all these things.

Reality is Utd will have a sum of money set aside in the budget for new players so like last season Mourinho/Woodward/Arnold will have to secure as many of the players we want for that sum and anything we can bring in from sales will likely go back in to the pot. Last summer Mourinho didn't get Perisic and the reason was the club couldn't sell anyone so he had to chose between Matic & Perisic and he chose Matic which made more sense. It isn't a bottomless pit of money at Utd like it is at City or PSG.

What is up with you this week @jsp? jesus wept its only a discussion mate were not all in court haha its a question, its a rough guide a rough answer, not taken from the bi laws from bloody wall street lol

Wasn't aimed at you just a bit quiet at work so tend to ramble a bit.

Basically put Levy & Woodward either side of the table and I know who I'm backing to walk out with the better deal.

Judging by the progress on that new stadium we might need to let them play a few home games at Old Trafford next season free of charge if we want Alderwiereld ha

The worrying thing I heard this week is City are eyeing him up as a replacement for Stones, as Guardiola has lost a bit of faith in Stone as he won't play through injuries.

haha sounds like you need a cuddle and a pint chief lol

yeah seen that about Stones, whoever gets Alderwiereld is getting a top top player, the difference he would make to us would be ridiculous!

Not massively keen on Rose but we shall see, United/Madrid cup final double then get to the summer and that chequebook out!

I'd take the two defenders, think we need a little more out of a cm, certainly age wise.

Rose has always been the stand out player n England games for me, always looks a different class to those around him.

Maybe, im with you on Rose im not convinced he is back to his best, certainly wouldn't be paying 40/50 million for him, maybe if they throw in 10/20m as well haha Alderwiereld imo is the best CB in the league but both 29 with our two both 22 so have to take that into consideration as well
I’ve never really been convinced by Rose to be honest, certainly not £50m plus convincing. I would still keep Shaw over him for sure. Maybe I’m in the minority that doesn’t particularly rate Rose that highly.

To jsp’ question, I wouldn’t take Alderweireld and Rose for Martial and Shaw. I would take Alderweireld but I don’t really want to lose Martial and Shaw because the talent is in there! But they are both frustrating as hell!

My worry with Rose is if you look at his entire career there's about 2 years where he was good the back end of his Sunderland loan then about 18 months at Spurs then the last 18 months have been a mixture of injury and him being out of choice. Weirdly I think his little outburst last summer about Spurs and the wages they're paying will have impressed Mourinho because you could see from the way he talked that he's quite a focused intense kind of guy who's hungry to suceed and get the most out of his career.

In theory like Shaw he should be a player who's available at a good price because he's clearly not the first choice and flavour of the month at their current clubs I'd happily swap them as there's a chance Rose could be the player we need but there's zero chance of Shaw being that player unless he has a massive personality change over the next 3 months.

Alderwiereld would be perfect for City loves defending up on the half way line, brilliant one vs one, positionally solid if they got him as well it would be gutting but you'd hope we'd be able to give him more guarantees over first team football. Would we take Stones? Mourinho tried hard to get him at Chelsea the season before he went to City.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah I'd take all 3. Alderweireld and Rose instantly solve our defensive issues and Dembele gives us a nice option in midfield. At his age its more of a depth thing but yeah I like it.

But why are Spurs looking to sell? Certainly with Alderweireld and Rose

Players won't sign new contracts and they need to generate funds so want to sell while price is still high and spend elsewhere I think they feel in Sanches, Winks & Davies they've got guys who've already replaced them as first team players.

Rose has basically stated publically that he thinks he and his teammates are underpaid compared to what they could earn elsewhere and Alderwiereld has some release clause that kicks in next summer and wants a lot of money for a new deal that would take that clause away.

Of the 3 I'd take Alderwiereld but I wouldn't touch the other 2. Rose I think will be way over priced and Dembele is probably past his best the time to sign him was when he left Fulham.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back