Rooney, Keane & De Laet win Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayne Rooney has won Sir Matt Busby Player
William Keane won the Jimmy Murphy Young Player Of The Year award
Ritchie De Laet won the Denzil Haroun Reserve Player Of The Year

De Leat- had a consistent season at back 4. Scored 6 goals this term. Well deserved. That will be huge bonus for his confidence.

Keane- i had voted for him. Vely deserved. Remarkable 1st year at united. Neat finisher/cool passings/calmness/attitude. Ajose was his main rival.

United Legend Paddy Crenard- "Will Keane is very talented. He is a natural goalscorer. He is a nice lad. Quiet shy. But at that age that happens" :D

Rooney was obvious, lets be fair while we've had brilliant performers this season not many have had the brilliance and consistency of Rooney.

De Laet, I know many people disagree with me when I say this but I really think he could make it at United, perhaps not a permanent fixture, more of an O'Shea role. Unless he wants more regular football he won't leave...in my opinion.

I hope Will Keane makes it. I haven't seen him play much but to be able to chant "KEANO! KEANO! KEANO!" again would be brilliant.

I had Ajose down to win the young player to be honest. Seen a bit of him and looked exciting and from what i've heard he's improved a lot over this season. But also from what i've heard Keane has had a very good season and deserves it.

De Laet has been very consistent this season, hopefully gets more of a chance next year. Struggled at Fulham when we had a major crisis at the back. Needs to get a chance in an experienced defence.

He can play up front too. Fast, skillful, scores and creates goals, brilliant cross against Shitty U18s the other week for one of King's goals. I don't think he'll make it at United but could make it in the Prem. I hope i'm proved wrong though. Looked very exciting against Shitty and other times i've seen highlights of the U18s. This is the first year i've kept track of the U18s and there's a lot of promise I believe, not sure what it's been like in previous years but it's caused me to get very excited. Hope they do Arsenal in the National semis and then win the final at OT would be a brilliant experience for them to play at OT and hopefully get the motivation and drive to want to play at OT week in week out.

King and Morrison could be involved regularly in the first team in 3 years time. I rate King higher than Macheda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back