Ronaldo’s future?

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah needs someone else to pay his whopping tax bill.

I mean even at €100m which is what they paid for him 9 years ago who would actually buy him?

Unless a club from China were able to make space for him I don’t see who could afford to buy him and pay his ridiculous salary, he earns something like £15m a year after tax which is about £500k a week in Spain. Only 2 clubs in Europe really can do this deal one is Utd the other is PSG. If the Neymar to Madrid stuff is real could Ronaldo be the sweetener to make the deal happen?

I love him but we have to stay well clear of this as he’s not the Ronaldo who left us, still a fantastic player but now more than ever he needs a fantastic team around him to help him shine.

Yeah the "Return of Ronaldo" has died now, it was always one of them, could it, would it, do i get excited, is it bullshit, what if its true!

You could never help but get excited but as you say buddy, 100m fee, 500k a week, all his image rights, sponsorship deals blah blah blah.

I'm happy to remember him for the player he was when he left, can see him either getting a new deal at Madrid or swansong in Paris.

I’m not sure Madrid will give him one they hold all the power now as he’s 32 years old still has 3 years on his current contract so they don’t need to rush anything. He’s clearly got the hump because Messi and Neymar both earn more than him after their new deals.

Madrid could just keep him until he’s 35 and let him go for free but I reckon they’re looking to rebuild again and probably want him out.

Tables have turned now, might be finally time that he actually is available but no longer wanted.

I mean given his wage demands will be huge plus Madrid demanding a big fee what are his options.

You assume his only route back to PL would be with Utd but you’re looking at committing £200m in transfer, wages and fees to a guy who’s 33 and starting to decline.

PSG is the only club that makes sense to me if Madrid try to get Neymar then Ronaldo could be part of the deal.

The money seems to have dried up in MLS and it feels to early for that or a move to China where he could earn silly money but there’s no challenge.

I think he’ll patch things up at Madrid and end up staying it’s clear that is where he wants to be he just wants more money he might just have to accept less than he’s demanding.

I think he's going to move on but I'm not sure where to at this point? At 33 I'm sure he can still perform at a high level but who's going to pay a huge fee for him?

New contract incoming it’s the same game he always plays he doesn’t want to go anywhere, the guy said this week he wants to play until he’s 40 so I think he just wants more money and years on his deal.

Unless PSG offer him really stupid money I just don’t see him going anywhere.

New contract incoming it’s the same game he always plays he doesn’t want to go anywhere, the guy said this week he wants to play until he’s 40 so I think he just wants more money and years on his deal.

Unless PSG offer him really stupid money I just don’t see him going anywhere.

Thing is... If he wants to continue winning things then why leave? PSG are still a long way from winning the CL because their league just isn't competitive enough. And it's not like he's not making top top money at Real.

Just his usual line when he wants an improved contract. Don't forget Messi got a massively improved contract a while ago so the ego won't allow for someone earning more than him.

It's a no for me. Love him to death but don't want him back at the club.

I always thought I don't want him back but now he said that I can't help but think come back. Although I know he won't and he has used us in the past

Don’t want him back as much as I love him makes no sense to bring him back because of the sums of money involved this team needs 4 or 5 players not another superstar.

Think he’s now said he’s staying anyway.

Latest is him saying that he’s spoken to his agent and something regarding his future will be announced before he goes to the world cup

I think I’d only take him if Real agreed to let him go on a free having got more than £80m worth out of him, they got an absolute bargain and won 4 CL’s. At 33, he’d have to take a pay cut too. Question is does he want more money or to come back to us, if he wants more money he’d be much better off going to the US or China.

With our options on the left, it’s hard to see where he fits in too unless Mourinho figures out how to get that front 3/4 working better and can use Sanchez/Rashford from the right.

It seems highly unlikely and I’d lean to being against it for footballing reasons but there’s also that thought of the amazing feeling of seeing him back in red and back at Old Trafford again.

I don't want Ronaldo back , we need to look forwards not backwards.

The rumours are he was promised a pay rise last summer if Madrid won another European Cup it didn't come then both Messi & Neymar got these new super deals worth around £600k a week which has really annoyed him because he's on similar to Bale £350k a week.

The stories are that Madrid are actually a bit skint currently this success recently has come at a big cost and they know the team is getting old and will need to be refreshed so plans to renovate the stadium have been put back and they're reluctant to give Ronaldo this super deal because of his age.

He probably rightly thinks he should be the best paid player in the world given his recent record on the Ballon D'Or and helping the team to 4 CL in 5 seasons but at 33 and already on a huge contract do Madrid just play hardball with him and see who blinks first because I think they know he doesn't really want to leave.

Cant find a Ronaldo thread.

Missing from Madrids kit photo's for next year.

Odd he was blabbing about his future being sorted in a couple of days, that was Saturday. Madrid must be locked in talks to up his wages again frightened to death they will lose him. Again. He's just laid it on again.

Lets say he does want to leave Madrid, what kind of money would you be willing to pay for a 33 year old? Finish next season at 34

Personally I don't think we should get him, but any more than 50m has got to silly hasn't it? He won't move for that, his ego wouldn't let him

I mean going by the salary he will demand it can't be anything but a free transfer I'd say maximum 20m because he's just going to want so much for himself and his agent won't be brokering the deal for nothing. The whole thing with Madrid is he feels he should be the best paid player in the world and despite being on 20m a year after tax he's still earning a lot less than Messi & Neymar are and that really annoys him.

Ronaldo is clearly still a great player but he's now getting niggling injuries and he tends to save himself for the big games.

I'd say with this one it's time to draw a line under it and say we never go back.

Yeah think it’s safe to say he won’t be coming back here. Madrid aren’t gonna just grant him a free transfer which is the only way I would want him back now.

Like has been said, he is still a world class player but the sums of money we would have to fork out in transfer fee, salary and agent fees would be insane.

Meanwhile, Juventus are keeping an eye on Cristiano Ronaldo. The Ballon d'Or winner has turned down a contract extension due to salary demands and his agent Jorge Mendes has opened a door to Italy. (Tuttosport)

Meanwhile, Juventus are keeping an eye on Cristiano Ronaldo. The Ballon d'Or winner has turned down a contract extension due to salary demands and his agent Jorge Mendes has opened a door to Italy. (Tuttosport)

Italy? Really? I guess I never saw that coming. I can't imagine Ronaldo playing in Italy. But then I guess Juve are still a top side, he could make a real difference in the CL and their are pretty much guaranteed to win Serie A.

The reports in Spain are he's been told he can go for 120m euro Madrid won't enforce his 1bn euro buyout clause in his contract.

I think it's just hardball tactics I'm 90% sure he's going to stay as I don't think anyone can pay the transfer fee and the wage packet he will want as I don't think he actually wants to leave Madrid he just wants more money, the only difference is this time Madrid know it.

He's just not worth that kind of fee or wage anymore. I imagine he'll stay at Madrid. If he really wanted to move he should have done so at 30, but then he would have missed all the CL medals.

I can see Bale going, but not Ronaldo.

Where are Juve going to get that money? kings of the free transfer.

I wonder how much Ronaldo would generate by going to Italy though. Their viewing figures are dwindling could he be the spark that brings football back to life over there.

He could basically pay for himself with the hype that would be generated by signing him.

The roots of this strory are pretty ridiculous apparently it's based on the fact Juventus have signed a player represented by Mendes and have said they'd be interested in Ronaldo if he was available.

The only reason they'd want him is he keeps putting them out of the CL sort of a can't beat them join them approach to things. They'd need to sell Higuain to make space for him as he'd be used as a centre forward and I think they'd be open to that idea but Higuain isn't going to get you 50-60m maybe and Ronaldo's salary will be collosal compared to anyone else in that squad so it just doesn't stack up for me.

He just wants someone to pay his tax bill I don't care how rich you are having to pay out 15m euro you thought you'd earned is going to annoy you and he wants Madrid to basically make up for it like Barca did with Messi when he got his lastest new deal.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back