Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree too.

Long term, I only see Rashford and Shaw out of this lot.

Hopefully the reports on twitter have some substance that he buggers off to play in Serie A, hopefully get a chunk of dosh for him aswell.

Well and truly done with hoping Lukaku improves, the ship has sailed.

Yeah just saw on Sky Sports that he eventually hopes to get a dream move to Serie A. To be honest I’m done with him too, I don’t think his touch is ever going to improve to a high standard. At his best he is unstoppable but he looks unfit right now and his general play is sub standard. If someone offered decent money for him in the summer then I think we have to take it.

Ive seen a couple of articles that mention a Lukaku - Icardi swap ?

Not sure that would be the best thing for us, Icardi has proven his quality in the past - Yes, but its clear that his wife is a dingbat and he is well and truly under the thumb.

Long term in the squad you have to assume Martial is going to stay around. He needs to find some consistency in his game though. He’s either a world beater or a league 2 player.

Ive seen a couple of articles that mention a Lukaku - Icardi swap ?

Not sure that would be the best thing for us, Icardi has proven his quality in the past - Yes, but its clear that his wife is a dingbat and he is well and truly under the thumb.

I think that was a rumour based around Conte taking over but the latest rumours is Cavani for Icardi it sounds to me like Inter are looking to ship Icardi out as he's ruined things with the rest of the team and the fans at Inter. Doesn't sound like the sort of guy you want to be bringing into the squad if you think Pogba/Lukaku's agent is a piece of work Icardi's wife/agent went on TV slagging off his team mates for not creating enough chances for him.

I can see Lukaku getting one more season he'll be hard to sell because of the wages my guess is they'll keep him and hope that with a break this summer and a proper pre season we might get the Lukaku of last season back and he can compete with Rashford.

I agree with JSP really, unfortunately Lukaku is probably the last to go. He doesn't seem to cause too much trouble, just isn't good enough.

I am beginning to agree with Keane too, that back 5 needs sorting first.

It's tricky because if you look at both City & Liverpool both those teams built the attack first then sorted out the defence whereas traditionally you'd always say build from the back. However, the managers who came into those clubs inherited good attacks but leaky defences so they kind of knew what needed to change and were given the time to change things and were backed with the players they wanted first choices not second choices.

I'd say if you're a manager having a team that scores a lot of goals but also lets a lot in will give you more time than a team who don't concede many but can't score because games will be entertaining.

It needs a proper plan to totally overhaul this squad over the next 2 summer windows some will need to go this summer some next summer and some will stay but this is a total rebuild. I just pray that the club have spent all the time since they binned Mourinho coming up with a proper plan to hit the ground running other clubs are already getting deals in place Utd don't seem to be doing anything.

If Bale turns up in our side at 500 grand a week I'll give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back