Status
Not open for further replies.
Lacazette looks a bargain compared to the other two.

We should have broke the bank for Dybala the minute everyone knew he was gonna be the next big thing.

His goals masked his indeficiencies, it was plain to see even at Everton that he was poor in certain areas. His goal scoring record is decent but his lack of general play is quite poor.

Lacazette looks a bargain compared to the other two.

We should have broke the bank for Dybala the minute everyone knew he was gonna be the next big thing.

Currently yes but Arsenal basically replaced him in January by signing Aubameyang and if Griezmann had gone the stories are Lacazette was off to Atletico in the summer. Always felt to me like Arsenal were reluctant to go for him because they knew he was B class not A class talent but to get him they'd be paying A class prices.

This is the problem I don't think our scouts have been on the pulse in recent years seeing players like Dybala or whoever early enough and snapping them up like City have done Sterling, Stones, Sane & Jesus all purchased at premium prices because of potential but all absolutely on the money.

Lukaku to me ticked plenty of boxes and he looked like he was improving towards the back end of last season but he's gone back to his worst this season. You could say a bit of world cup hangover but he's been really poor this season but so have the players around him so it's harsh to load it all on his shoulders.

Nobody in the Premier League or Championship has a first touch like Lukaku, I'm absolutely embarrassed for him!

He was getting so much flack for his first touch anyway and then went and fell over the ball. Again!

I've heard people laughing saying he tried to control the ball when he scored but his first touch was so bad it cannoned off him into the back of the net lol

His first touch is pretty average but there are plenty other Utd players that the ball can bounce off easily as well plus as a centre forward you always take the ball under pressure very rarely do you get a touch without someone pushing you around but by top striker standards he is poor and when he's not scoring the goals to make up for it this becomes a problem.

Rashford for example gives the ball away cheaply a lot when he's having a bad day Lingard, Sanchez, Pogba, Martial all give it away with sloppy passes after good first touches.

I think the finish showed why he's in the team generally speaking you give him a chance he scores but my issue with him has always been he creates very little for himself or others and relies on service from others. He's basically Hernandez in Heskey's body and while he's worked hard to improve the other parts of his game it really isn't something that's natural to him.

I also think he's become to obsessed with his physical strength I don't understand why he's still making himself bigger.

I know he’s got his goal yesterday but I still think he was poor. Too many weak shots misplaced passes and poor control. One again was laughable. Ball played through and had he controlled it he’d have been running through on the keeper if he could outpace the defence but instead he got the ball tangled in his feet and ended the attack

2 in 2

I’d start him vs Valencia but he wouldn’t be in my team for Liverpool he’s still not sharp enough.

Realising we have Liverpool the weekend and it’s a dead rubber game I’d be playing an entire second 11 against Valencia.

And if Martial is back then Lukaku would get no where near my side. Van Dijk will bully him out of the game.

Lukaku bossed Lovren and Van Dijk in the home game last season but that was during a good run of form where he looked like the player we want right now with his head down he looks like he’s got nothing.

The way we will play I think we need Lukaku but not this version of him.

I’d take him to Valencia start him and say prove you deserve to start the big one Sunday if anything play him because he needs the fitness.

It was a typical Lukaku goal, a tap it to make it 3 nil. He never seems to score the opening goal, the breakthrough goal, the winner. Always inconsequential goals.

I think the entire watching world could see that. It won’t improve his first touch though.

He's claimed in an interview that the reason he's so big is because he had to bulk up for Belgium because of the way they wanted to play at the world cup and it's taken time for him to get that muscle back off.

Seems a strange thing to do wonder if any other players have ever done it.

Good to see Lukaku back amongst the goals. I'm still undecided if long term he's the right man but it's hard to argue against his general goal record.

Good to see Lukaku back amongst the goals. I'm still undecided if long term he's the right man but it's hard to argue against his general goal record.

For me it’s clear he isn’t.

If we put him up for sale tomorrow I don’t think any top club would buy him his all round game just isn’t good enough for the way the games played now. Will score plenty of goals in a team that creates loads of chances like Belgium but when the ball starts moving quickly he can’t play at that speed his touch let’s him down and the chance is gone he doesn’t make things happen for himself or others regularly enough.

He’s great at providing the ordinary but never provides the spectacular the top strikers do the unthinkable things Lukaku doesn’t do that.

For me it’s clear he isn’t.
And for me if we make the right manager move once we finally move on from the useless one then that's absolutely right. Lukaku for me is not the kind of striker who will thrive in a modern "trendy" football system.

Strikers are a dying breed. They were 10 15 years ago. You need to be able to play fluid football. Fergie realised that when he let RVN go.

He scored a tap in for the THIRD goal. As I've said before, as our main striker he never scores important goals really,break through goals, winning goals! He just adds to already winning scores.

In other news he's actually parted company with his agent Raiola and signed with an Italian agent who represented Evra apparently he'd fallen out with Mino over the way his transfer from Everton happened as he felt he bodged the deal with Chelsea by negotiating it with Conte rather than the actual decision makers at Chelsea. Basically he felt they wasted time on that deal and he's decided to go with another crowd going forward this was reported by Duncan Castles.

As for his player type there's still room for them Lewendowski, Kane, Icardi, Cavani, Ibra for example are all traditional number 9's in the RVN mould but what they all have is a much better all round game than Lukaku has been able to develop. Even Giroud & Benzema have proven vital to teams as that central man but they are important because of the way they interact with other players not because they score lots of goals.

The game has moved on and while Fergie did see that with his front 3 of Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo in 07-09 he also saw the benefit of having a centre forward. Which is why he replaced Saha with Berbatov and then RVP as he knew when you are up against it you do need someone who you can play out to.

The front 3 as he had it was only really used in big games against most teams it was still 4-4-2 with Ronaldo on the right but a more conservative player on the left like Park or even Giggs who'd kind of make a midfield 3 to counter the fact Ronaldo didn't always track back and allowed him to focus on the attack.

We've put a lot of money into Lukaku so we are sort of stuck with it hopefully his recent change of diet and training plan will sort out his fitness issues because there were signs towards the back end of last season post Sevilla and before the cup final that his game was starting to come together. We also saw at the world cup what he can do when he has lots of movement around him as he makes clever runs to create space for others but that lack of magic with the ball at his feet will always mean to me he's a step below world class.

Premier League: Manchester United 4-1 Bournemouth - 30th December 2018

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeh half a yard I think. Looked a clumsy goal but it went in so can't complain.

Offside but very marginal hard one for the assistant to get right and a nice finish past the keeper.

Hopefully under Ole we play to his strength which is running in behind teams not a weakness which is booting the ball at his head/chest as we all know his hold up play/touch isn’t the best.

I hope he stays on the bench and Rashford is picked before him

Premier League: Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United - 2nd January 2018

Got a goal but just seems off the pace. Even our second he tried to screw up a 2 yard pass but Marcus rescued it.

yes he seems a bit erratic still at times, he's not going to involved with intricate passing moves any time soon

Looks rusty and has done all season still needs to get that weight off to be at his best but he’s had time off for compassionate leave we don’t know for what reason so could be he’s had to deal with something off the field.

2 in 2 is what he does though sometimes you need a sledgehammer to break down a wall and he’s always alert in the box I don’t think Martial reacts like that to a free kick he waits to see what happens whereas a proper striker like Lukaku gambles that something will happen.

He’s under pressure for the first time in years at Everton and his first season at Utd he was the number 1 striker now he isn’t and hopefully he reacts in the right way to that and our manager will be able to offer him great advice on what to do in these circumstances.

Fair play he came on and again was instantly involved. You can't ask for more than that from a sub and I'm sure Ole has noticed that. But what I hope is that actually for the most part Ole realises that Lukaku can come on and have an impact... That he gives us something different but that Rashford gives us much more.

FA Cup: Manchester United 2-0 Reading - 5th January 2019

Well taken goal but team looks better without him I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back