Romelu Lukaku | Match Discussion thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's had ups and downs but I think we'll look back at his first season with a thumbs up. Goals and assists record is good and getting better but he's improved his game a lot and is still improving especially in how effective he is in these big games when he's more isolated.

Champions League: Manchester United 2-1 Sevilla - 13th March 2018

He was United's best player by some distance.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Best player by a country mile. Only player that really looked like making something happen. His hold up play is improving all the time and he just knocks defenders out of the way like they are rag dolls. Shame he didn’t get any support tonight.

Best player by a mile but still missed a very easy chance 6 yards out you've got to hit the target even under pressure instead he spooned it over the bar.

It sounds harsh but this is the level of criticism you have to accept being the number 9 at Utd you have to take the big chances otherwise everything else can become a bit irrelavent.

3 big chances over the 2 legs for Rom scored 1 but the other 2 were chances he really needs to hit the target with.

The one he put over the bar wasn't his best chance of the night. The chance Rashford puts on a plate for him and he doesn't even connect with it was criminal.

Also Bailly was our best player. Lukaku will never be good enough until he can sort out his first touch.

FA Cup: Manchester United 2-0 Brighton & Hove Albion - 17th March 2018

I thought yesterday was one of his poorer performances in recent months.

His improvement over the course of the season has been noticeable and I think he’s a shoe-in to win United’s player of the season.

I thought yesterday was one of his poorer performances in recent months.

His improvement over the course of the season has been noticeable and I think he’s a shoe-in to win United’s player of the season.

Can’t see past De Gea again for the awards myself which is disappointing the keeper getting it 4 times in 5 years would be ridiculous for this club.

Think Lukaku is up to 25 for the season 14 in the league would be great to see him break 30 in all comps and 20 in the league which is the minimum for a Utd number 9 which is something he’s growing into.

Agree yesterday was a bad day but he got his goal which was put on a plate for him.

International Friendly: Belgium 4-0 Saudi Arabia - 27th March 2018

Premier League: Manchester United v Swansea City - 31st March 2018

Got his 100th premier league goal today. Has been an excellent buy for us no matter what anyone says.

Really looking forward to him and Sanchez next season. Evidence in the first half of that front 4 actually looking like team mates and not strangers.

Premier League: Bournemouth 0-2 Manchester United - 18th April 2018

He’s dropped Raoila as his agent and signed with Rocnation. Rumoured Pogba is on the verge of doing the same

He’s dropped Raoila as his agent and signed with Rocnation. Rumoured Pogba is on the verge of doing the same

Not true.

Raoila is still his agent and still looks after his football stuff contracts, transfers etc but all his commercial deals are now dealt with by Rocnation.

So will he be featuring on Jay Z's next album or not?

Not true.

Raoila is still his agent and still looks after his football stuff contracts, transfers etc but all his commercial deals are now dealt with by Rocnation.

Oh the article I read said he’s dropped him

Wouldn’t be surprised if Pogba ends up doing something similar with Zlatan making huge waves out there if Raiola has got contacts at Rocnation with Utd regularly touring out there then there is money to be made.

FA Cup Semi-Final: Manchester United 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur - 21st April 2018

Thought he was good today. Worked hard, ran a marathon.

I thought he was poor-ish. His touch and control was off.

His form has dropped off in recent weeks.

Yeah it's strange really. When the team were struggling he stood up to be counted. Now they are playing better he seems to have gone into his shell a bit.

I thought he was fine had a tough battle up on his own vs 2 very strong physical defenders he made life hard for them and him winning that header helped create the 2nd goal.

Not easy playing that role in a Jose side the balls coming long to you all the time and physically it must be brutal as most of the time you are challenging for balls you probably won’t win.

Didn’t really get a sniff at goal on the day but similar to the city game he’s worked his backside off for the team.

If we had 2 decent full backs and a right winger Rom would have scored 40 this season!

I'm expecting him to smash it next season when, hopefully, we get a couple of new signings.

I thought he did ok, he was coming back, going wide and sacrificing himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back