Red Cards
Total 0
Premier League 0
FA Cup 0
League Cup 0
Champions League 0
Super Cup 0

Pre season: LA Galaxy 2-5 Manchester United - 16th July 2017

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

An OK debut, should have scored (maybe even got 2) but generally did well. Rashford putting the pressure on, has spent the last few weeks training at Nike HQ so way ahead of anyone at this stage of pre-season.

Shame he didn't take his chance but was a good save but hopefully when he's a bit sharper after a few more matches he will take those chances.

So important he gets off the mark early when you carry a price tag like that.

Pre Season: Real Salt Lake 1-2 Manchester United - 17th July 2017

That is actually a great team goal and a great finish. Really good passing in confined areas. If that was the Premiership it would have gone back to De Gea.

Great to get that first goal out the way, becomes more difficult the longer it doesn't happen. Hopefully can follow it up now soon.

Pre Season: Manchester City 0-2 Manchester United - 20th July 2017

Pre Season: Valerenga 0-3 Manchester United - 30th July 2017

Super Cup: Real Madrid 2-1 Manchester United - 8th August 2017

School boy errors running onto Herrera's ball, and the throw in. He made the right choice not blasting the shot for the goal. Having blasted the other shot high expect he was a bit nervous.

Pogba was dire. Maybe trying too hard against a big team. Fair result in the end though, why did it take a goal to ignite us. Dare I say we played better with Fellaini too.

Missed a big chance but made up for it on the 2nd one, that's important that he didn't let it destroy his confidence.

Thought he battled hard often up on his own. People over hyping the Herrera thing and the foul throw Valencia took throw ins like that for about 3 years and no one ever noticed but that one was hilarious. I'm sure the banter merchants on social media hade a field day with it.

I think he did well given he was up against Ramos & Varane had 3 chances in the game scored 1, 1 on target (the header which was very difficult) and 1 off target that he knows he should've scored with.

Premier League: Manchester United 4-0 West Ham United - 13th August 2017

Henry did a good bit of analysis post game on him, they know each other pretty well as he coaches him with the national team and if he can work with him on the few little things he needs to sort out we've got a real player on our hands.

2 great finishes for his goals, 5 attempts 2 on target, 2 off target, 1 blocked and 2 goals can't really ask for much more.

He's a big dude so expecting him to run channels for 90 minutes is probably asking a lot but if we can boost his fitness levels a little bit and get a bit more movement out of him he'll be even better.

Came home from pub on Sunday night, stuck Match of the Day on and i've never heard Shearer speak so positive about us, spoke very highly of Lukaku.

Premier League: Swansea City 0-4 Manchester United - 19th August 2017

WCQ: Greece 1-2 Belgium - 3rd September 2017

8 goals for club and country and we're only in the first week of September.

Premier League: Stoke City 2-2 Manchester United - 9th September 2017

Has to at least hit the target when it's 2-2 in the last 10 mins. It's a big chance missed.

That is the question mark over him isn't it? When the chips are down, in a must win or a tight game. If he gets that one chance would he take it? In my eyes the best finisher in the side is Martial. That's the worrying thing about our 90 million quid striker.

Tough chance but you'd hope he'd hit the target, on the bounce ball rising very hard to keep down when you also need to keep the power on it and change the direction of the ball.

Another solid performance for me battled hard against 3 very tough CBs bullied them back, made nice runs in behind and got himself a goal.

I think his movement off the ball like you say was brilliant. His always offering an option and wants to keep the team moving forward. But I do think he needs to hit the target on that chance.

I think it's one of those that if we'd won people would forget it only looks bad because it came at 2-2.

Champions League: Manchester United 3-0 FC Basel - 12th September 2017

He's had a fine start to his United career.

Premier League: Manchester United 4-0 Everton - 17th September 2017

I'm liking how Lukaku has settled in quickly. He's scoring goals, putting himself about, running in the channels (something we never had with Ibra) and making our attack look so much more mobile than last year.

I loved his reaction to the Everton fans yesterday. He looks like he is at home.

Far from his best performance but worked hard for the team and got his goal eventually, not sure he should be taking free kicks but he's clearly determined to score goals he obviously was dissapointed that he wasted 2 good chances before his goal came but it was a nice pass to setup Mhiki as well and like you say he was a nuisance running into channels.

I assume he'd been getting a bit of stick from the Everton fans so he's well within his rights to give it back.

I actually think his hold up play is a lot better than I expected it to be, it's far from world class but it's pretty good the way people were talking about him when he signed it sounded like he couldn't trap a bag of cement.

Premier League: Southampton v Manchester United - 23rd September 2017

Champions League: CSKA Moscow v Manchester United - 27th September 2017

Just a shame he had two horrendous touches after good work by Martial and Lingard. But that was probably from wanting a Hat-Trick too much.

His goal scoring record so far has been phenomenal and I don't think we've ever seen his best yet. His finishing can still be erratic but he gets into very good positions and he's as strong as an ox. Gonna be one of the very best strikers we've had at this club.

Starting to create chances in attack now too. Thought his understanding with Martial was great last night, Martial lacked that with Ibra last season as did most of our attackers to be honest, that's the benefit of having a striker with pace. It's creating so much space for the players around him.

Premier League: Manchester United 4-0 Crystal Palace - 30th September 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back