Romelu Lukaku at Inter Milan 2019/20

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

sorry, but so pleased he's gone. One of the best bits of business in the window.

Glad we got that much back for him and are moving on.

First season he was good but the second season was a car crash being that out of shape was a disgrace and the way he's acted this summer was frustrating but is fairly standard behaviour these days.

He's a good player but for what he cost not good enough so glad we got the money back and can move in a different direction.

Not convinced he'll do that well in Italy it's a very tactical game and they'll starve him of space and with his lack of close control I think he'll have problems.

Not convinced he'll do that well in Italy it's a very tactical game and they'll starve him of space and with his lack of close control I think he'll have problems.
Agreed he doesn't have the subtlety or the technical ability I don't think to succeed in Italy. That said he may create space and opportunities for Ronaldo so Ronaldo may benefit.

What’s Lukaku creating space got to do with Ronaldo?

Errrr lads he wen to Inter not Juventus.

My guess is Conte playing his 3-5-2 will be looking for his full backs to get lots of crosses in reports are they're still going or Dzeko to play up with Lukaku but if they can't get Icardi out surely they have to play him.

That said neither striker really is coming deep to get on the ball all of those options are penalty box players.

It's disgusting but not in any way surprising Italy has a problem and I think Cagliari is one of the clubs that regularly offend.

Can't see Rom standing for it.

We're not racist we just do racist things to try and put you off seems to be the logic here.

This is the standard "Ultras" response to these issues.

Be interesting to see how Lukaku deals with it if I was him I'd ask to meet them to go through why he feels it is a problem and maybe get them onside to say this sort of stuff needs to be off limits as he and the other black players are disrupted when they play for inter even if it's inter fans aiming it as players at other clubs.

it's unbelievable, I've got a black friend so I can say what want attitude

9 goals in 11 league games.

Sounds like his first season with us.

He could have 20 goals and I’d still back the decision to sell him his head had gone at Utd.

The condition he was in last season was a disgrace for a pro athlete everyone needed this move my only issue was Inter dicking around with the bids for months cost us this summer.

It's a tricky one with lukaku. I think he will always score more goals than either rashford or martial given they all play a similar amount of games. However his fitness, conditioning and first touch were terrible. Don't disagree with getting rid of him but we needed to replace him

Says Ole wanted him to stay but he didn’t have the energy to be at a club like Manchester United and that Ole was great to let him leave and go abroad.

"Ole wanted me to stay, but I told him I was over. I didn't have the energy. All credit to him because he's been a man and he helped me make the move away."

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back