Robbie Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishManc.

Forget looking elsewhere to replace Giggsy.... This guy has all the attributes to replace him. He was the stand out player at the 2009 Milk Cup and was top scorer. He captained the youth team last year and was on the bench for the recent Carling Cup game against Wolves. Although players like Morrison and Pogba may have more abilty than Brady, I feel that Bradys determination and drive will see him making it as a top class premier league player for years to come.

I actually played against Brady when I was younger - he was part of a well renowned Dublin side St.Kevins boys. There were probably players on that team that were close ability-wise to Brady, but it was Brady's workrate and confidence that stood him out. I was playing right wing and had a nightmare! Even at that young age our mananger had actually said to us before the game that this guy was something else and we had to double up on him!

I think Brady is an exceptional talent and am very hopeful that he can make it at United.

He is a very direct runner so in that sense he would be more of a winger I suppose, but he is a good crosser of the ball and is good at set pieces. He actually scores quite a lot of goals, especially for the Ireland underage sides where he mainly plays up front or as a second striker. We see so many youngsters with all the ability in the world not making it because they don't have the mentality, but Brady certainly does. He is very determined and I think of all the young players we have coming through, Brady has the best chance of making it.

as i mentioned i another thread, i think Brady might make it at United, even though he's been unlucky with 2 long long term injuries, he;'s still been able to make the first team squad at the same time as Morisson( who has been in the academy forever i think! lol) and Eikrem.

as IrishManc said he has the determination and mentality to make it at the top level, the fact that he's come back so well from his injury setbacks itself is a huge fact. So many youngsters just fade away after a serious injury never really reaching their potential.

Most wingers these days are like CR or Nani or Obertan, depend on the tricks to get past their marker, but he just needs that little space to whip in a good cross ( like Becks). We might see him make the fringes if the first team by next season i think

Fergie obviously likes him, was on the bench in the League Cup last month, I think he could very much make it at United. He's more of an old school winger than the trickster wingers of the modern game.

Just a bit on how good brady was at 15/16 (and how good he could be). Brady at 16 had every premier league club after him. When he came to united first they were considering fast tracking him into the reserves at only 16. . He was going really well but these injuries have just held him back so much. . If you watch him now for the reserves you will probably think he's good but I feel that if he hadn't had the amount of injuries he's had he would be in the first team by now. He was just on another level when he joined but he still has time. Only 19 - cleverley is only breaking in to the first team now at 21. Think he needs a loan next season like cleverley did.

Brady was on a St.Kevins boys underage side that was just incredible, think they were going for 3 all-irelands in a row the season United got Brady - they wanted him back for the final but United were having none of it. I played for Lourdes Celtic who have decent underage sides. Played Brady when I think he was around 14 or 15 and he was incredible, but just to show you the level required to make it I played against a striker for crumlin United called Paddy Ormsby and i'm not saying he was better than Brady but the day we played them this guy was beyond belief. He swung the corners from the right in with his left foot and the corners on the left with his right foot. I've never played anyone with as good technique. He played as a fullback on a couple of bradys irish youth sides and hamilton snapped him up - Since got released for whatever reason... Like if you saw this guy.

Another guy, who is currently at my old club lourdes is now 14 I think , he's a foreign national and coaches reckoned he was the next Theo Walcott or Aaron Lennon or one of these. Liverpool had an agreement with him and then he went and got his girlfriend pregnant! These same coaches are now saying he's not going to make it...

Point i'm trying to make is that it is so difficult to make it professionally and you need every bit of luck with injuries and pregnancies and stuff! Brady has been very unlucky, as has Davide Petrucci, and it has made it that bit more difficult for them. Morrison must have a frightening amount of ability considering his past...

Am hopeful brady can make the impact at O.T that his talents deserve. If you saw him at 15/16 he was a certainty and as one youth coach has said 'if he doesn't make we all may give up'

He's still got plenty of time. People expect players to be ready by the time they're 18 these days, they think the same for Morrison, Tunnicliffe and Pogba too. Morrison probably could but people expect too much too soon. Would like Brady to go on loan somewhere next season. Maybe like Cleverley go to League One and then next season move up to the Championship and then up to the Prem.

Peterborough might be an option with Darren Ferguson there. Maybe for Matty James too if we sign a centre midfielder.

Oh yes. Might be best if he started in League 1 though and see how that goes first.

Brady has indeed joined Hull on loan until 31 December. Hope it goes well for him, the U18 lads will have a lot of Reserves gametime this year with most of the Reserves moving on or going out on loan. Big year for the Youth of United in my opinion.

I would have thought it's best for him to stay at Hull for the rest of the season then go on loan to a Premiership side next season but if there is interest from the likes of Wolves and Wigan in January then why not. He should be picked in the Ireland squad regardless though.

Paddy C has twice mentioned that Brady will be part of the first team squad next season. I like the look of him - he will add energy to the midfield area. He should be a decent squad member.

Replace Park on the left perhaps with his energy, we'll lose Park's experience but Brady will add a bit more to our play.

I think he'd be a good addition to the squad. Has more to his game than Park. As you say Park has more experience but he's been too poor this season to make it show in all honesty.

Can play through the middle too. Would add a bit of bite and has the right attitude/determination which could rub off others.

Brady scored a penalty in Ireland's U21s 2-0 victory against Italy U21s.

Team news for Manchester United v AmaZulu - Official Manchester United Website

Fergie: "Brady is an outside-left but we believe there's a possibility he will develop into a left-back. It's an area which we're paying attention to as Patrice Evra has played an average of 45 games in the last few seasons. So it's important for Fabio to get experience at QPR because, touch wood, Evra is never injured.

"The opportunities weren't there for Fabio and he needed more opportunities. With him away at QPR, we're a bit short at left-back so that's why we're trying Brady there. We also have Tyler Blackett with us. He's a strong boy, tall and quick and he has time on his side. He is here for the experience."

Interesting comments about Brady. Think he will have bigger impact this season than expected - from the predictions thread he is my surprise package. I didn't predict the potential position switch.

Very interesting. Never thought about it myself, suppose he does have some characteristics of a LB and he has played there before. We'll see how he does though. If we don't sign a LB, will be interesting to see who plays if Evra isn't available. Would imagine Evans would be next in line but that'll depend on how Brady does.

Will be good for his chances with Ireland too with McClean and McGeady ahead of him in the pecking order for the LW place, he'll have more chance of playing at LB.

Brady looked a left winger playing full back tonight. Positionally poor meaning he left too much space, which is only to be expected. Initial impression is we could struggle if he is our back-up left back.

Remember him playing there in a reserve game a couple of seasons back and didn't convince much either. In terms of his qualities you would think he could make a decent fullback as he's strong in the tackle and has a good engine to get up and down but it will take time.

Hard to really judge him in the position yet, opposition weren't up too much and it's only the first game of pre-season. Thought he did well going forward.

Not entirely convinced with Brady at left back experiment. He's been caught out of position on several occasion against relatively poor opposition. Another left back is needed in my opinion.

For sure, Blackett isn't quite ready unfortunately and Brady is not a full back, the next Jordi Alba he is not.

"I had to learn quickly but I'm very comfortable playing at left-back. I'm not a bad tackler, decent in the air, but maybe I have to work on my positional sense as a defender. The manager was happy, though. We'll have to wait and see what happens between now and the start of the season next week, but they've no real cover for Patrice Evra. I think I'm first in line if anything happens to him, unless they sign someone in the meantime."

Thought he did alright on tour considering it's not his natural position, obviously there is improvement needed in areas of his game to play at LB but first impressions are he could do a job, if Evra got injured long term though i'd worry, maybe we'd be able to bring Fabio back, maybe Brady would surprise and get better with each game.

Think he'll improve with time but the Premier League is hardly the best place to learn. Will probably help him if he's playing alongside Rio and Vidic, I would be seriously worried if he was playing with a less experienced centre half partnership.

I'd rather him go on loan but think there are younger players ahead of him in the pecking order so might be best for him to move on like Norwood has. It's incredibly difficult these days to make the breakthrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back