Robbie Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady starts v Oman tomorrow night: Forde, Coleman, Kelly, McShane, Wilson, Meyler, McCarthy, Brady, Doyle, Long, Keogh.

Kevin Doyle on Brady: "He is a star of the future. He is top scorer with Under-21's and he has settled in well. There has been no shyness or sitting back. He has slotted straight in."

Has had a "superb game" and just scored a goal. Not a bad debut by the sounds of it.

Missed the first 25 minutes but Brady did well from what I saw. His delivery for the third goal was excellent.

Brady stars on Irish debut - Official Manchester United Website

Robbie Brady was delighted to score and provide two assists on his Republic of Ireland debut, helping his country to record a 4-1 friendly win over Oman.

The Manchester United winger, who recently set a new scoring record for the Irish Under-21s, produced an impressive display at Craven Cottage. As well as finding the net himself with a fine individual strike, he also set up goals for Shane Long and Kevin Doyle.

Having sampled a first taste of international football, Brady is now hoping to retain his place in manager Giovanni Trapattoni’s squad but concedes he may have to seek a loan move away from Old Trafford in order to catch the Italian’s eye.

“I'm delighted with the way it went but I thought I could have done more,” Brady said. “I wasn't disappointed, but I felt I could have done a bit more. Maybe I could have got on the ball a bit more all-round really.

“I've gotten on well with everyone in the squad. Kevin Doyle is a great bloke, he and the rest of the guys are great. They've made me feel part of the group.

“Hopefully I can push on and keep playing (for Ireland), I don't want to come in and doss about. I want to stay playing so I need to be playing as many club games as I can. If that means I need to take a loan move, I will. We'll see what happens. I'd just like to play as much football as I can.”

Trapattoni, who praised Brady for his impressive debut, did also warn the 20-year-old that he must be playing regular first-team football to make the national team on a regular basis.

“I think Brady played well in the first half,” Trapattoni told reporters. “He scored a goal and I think he can also do better. He might be called up in to the squad for the next match but he would not necessarily be in the team. This is a problem we have, that five or six of our players only usually play 30 minutes or so every week.”

Prior to Tuesday’s friendly, Irish Under-21s manager Noel King paid tribute to Brady, praising the youngster's form and personality, describing the Reds star as “a credit to his family.”

“Robbie has deserved his call-up,” King told the FAI’s website. “He’s been sensational for us – as the people of Sligo will testify after his previous performances in the campaign. He sets the place alive and some of his play has been outrageous.

“He still has lots to learn – he’s not the full article and he’d tell you that himself. The players love playing with him. He has a great personality. He has a good demeanour and a good manner and he’s a credit to his family. I’ve nothing but good to say about him and I hope he fulfils his potential.

“It’s a lot to come at such a young age for him but he has big shoulders and I think he’s going to be one of our most exciting players. Robbie has the chance to go on and play for Ireland for many years and I hope he does.”

Leicester City are being linked with a loan move for Brady after suffering a few injuries to wide men. Probably best for him to be loaned out.

Brady now linked with a loan move to Wolves. Would be a good club for him with the Irish contingent there. Reckon the success of his loan will impact whether or not we make a move for Ince.

I'm wondering if Robbie will play for Ireland against the Germans on Friday night. I'll wait and see.

Robbie came on for Ireland in place of Simon Cox after 84 minutes at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin on Friday night at the end of the 1-6 hammering we got from the Germans.

In fact, Robbie was more positive and constructive during the six plus minutes he was on the pitch then the whole team during the entire game. Wouldn't be hard!

I'd be nearly certain that Robbie is close to becoming a regular with the Republic of Ireland in future after that result. Nearly certain. lol.

We're (Ireland) playing the Faroe Islands away, so going to be interesting to see how Robbie gets on tomorrow night.

Did Brady assist the Ireland goal when he came on the other night? Hope he does well tomorrow. Seems to have done very well so far.

Interesting we've snubbed loan offers from Championship clubs. If he continues to impress for Ireland, possible a struggling Prem club will come in for him on loan?

Yeah he assisted the goal. Lovely ball too. His delivery is very good which is a useful asset to have at international level.

Perhaps although it seems we've rejected the offers with a view to him being involved in the first team. Wouldn't be any harm considering our wingers haven't been performing great. Think Brady is more ready for the first team at present than the others in the reserves. He has the mentality to slot straight in whereas others may need more time. The fact he's playing internationally as well should be a big help.

Side point and not directed at anyone here but I feel Brady is a tad under rated by United fans possibly because Fergie is always mentioning the likes of Lingard, Cole, Tunnicliffe, the Keanes when asked about future prospects, I don't know. Brady has a very good future ahead of him and he's one we should be excited about.

I think he can play Prem football just not convinced it'll be with us. That said i've not seen him at any level higher than the Reserves apart from pre-season and his cameo in the League Cup.

Robbie started for us (Ireland) in our win away to the Faroes last night.

He performed extremely well, great on the ball.

United have registered an additional Champions League number. Brady will wear number 37.

Personally think he and King should be on the bench tomorrow night but the squad is so strong it'll be tough for them to both get on the bench. Definite opportunities for them both this season. Hopefully we can get past Chelsea in the League Cup next week too.

United have registered an additional Champions League number. Brady will wear number 37.
Really happy for Robbie that he's been given a registered number for the Champions League.

Thanks for posting the info SB. :)

Makes sense. No point in him playing for our reserves when he's on the verge of establishing himself for Ireland.

Only caught highlights of Ireland last night but Brady looked lively. Nearly scored a very good goal but his shot went straight at the keeper. Trap took him off at half time again which was a bit harsh. Did the same against the Faroe Islands when he was also doing well. Seamus Coleman was full of praise for him in his post match comments. The two look like they have a very good understanding down the right which bodes well for the future.

Brady has officially joined Hull on a three-and-a-half year contract for an undisclosed fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back