RIP Kobe Bryant

Reports going around that he's been involved in a helicopter crash and has passed away.

Unbelievable one of my favourite players growing up.

Poor guy thoughts obviously go to his family and the families of the others involved.

Only just hit 40 but what a life he had and what an influence he had on the sport he loved.

Sounds like he was taking his daughter and her friends out, those poor parents too.

That might have been a bit of misreporting, seems like a mix. Sad whatever. It sounds like it crashed in thick fog, makes it even worse, shouldn't have flown and could have been avoided.

On another note: I see a reporter has been fired for posting a link in her twitter feed to an article about the rape case he was involved in. Seems a bit harsh to sack somoene for that. Even if it is bad timing.

Such a shame. The LAPD had all it's helicopters grounded because of poor visibility.

Now reportedly 9 people on board.

I can fully understand why someone would be sacked for posting that. He was never found guilty of rape and he's just past away. No need to be bringing it up in the hours after the death of him and his daughter.

I'm not saying it's right, but is it sackable? a journalist posting an old journalistic article. A pretty damning article showing all the evidence the police had too by all accounts? It's kind of their job isn't it?

I look at things like this, all famous me2 at the grammies ignoring this part of his life. Is it any different from Prince Andrew, or Harvey? It's weird how different people are portayed.

I have no opinion on it, I just don't understand it.

I tell you what is also out of order,

Tiger Woods' caddie tells him his good friend has died, as he's walking off teh 18th, 5 mins later he's got microphones under his nose, clearly upset. This world is madness.

I get the point but it’s not just him that has passed away. His teenage daughter has also been involved in a tragic accident and the day of the accident isn’t the time or place. Remember she’s employed the same as your or me and isn’t supposed to bring bad media to the company. Which she undoubtedly will have done. You have more sensitivity than that on the day of the death.

yeah, I absolutely don't agree with her posting it at that time, really insensitive. Sacking seems a bit harsh, considering she is meant to spread news as a job.

Anyway, what do I know.

Today’s news is her job though. Not 2005’s news. So the report was the helicopter crash and his death not a reported rape case that he was never convicted for.

She was trying to be controversial by crossing the line and she’s been punished for it.

Isn’t what we should really be discussing though.

yeah, I suppose, was her twitter account though, not work.

I don't use social media, too old, I guess you just can't separate it from work these days. My 15 year daughter is having some lessons at school about this at the moment. Apparantly it's the first thing potential employers look at.

As for Kobe, whatever his history, it's tragic, especially for all the parents with their kids on the flight. Unbearable. Especially when it could have been avoided. I just read the helicopter was circling for 15 mins waiting for a landing spot. You'd think they could just land it in a field. Who knows.

But it is such a tragic accident.

I hate flying, absolutely petrifies me. I try and avoid it all costs.

Let's just say the fact he's a Laker legend certainly helped him in his defence of the rape charge he faced.

Let's just say the fact he's a Laker legend certainly helped him in his defence of the rape charge he faced.

As did the fact she refused to testify but was happy to continue with a civil case and get millions in compensation.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back