Rio Injured!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hannoodi87

Rio Ferdinand has been officially declared injured and wont be playing at the World Cup, thats unfortunate for him as he is captain and he obviously would have loved to possibly be leading his country to their 2nd World Cup, BUT its a blessing for us at United as hopefully he will be fit (fingers crossed and all) for the start of the season in 2 months time.

is this the end.....this is how gary started after having no injuries for such a long time...is it now time to go and get a centre half or is evans good enough?..and if so do we need more back up..

Really like Evans back there. Used to get a bit worried when he started, not anymore, seen enough of him to not be worried anymore.

i couldn't agree more than that ... what does worry me is the pace,vidic has been found out (only now and again)but i feel that like ferdinand where you could rely on pace ,that viddy and evans just lack that extra yard(nearly a metre for you youngsters).........evans has been a revalation last season and i just hope that that continues...

i personally think (and hope I'm wrong(which is nearly all the time))that Rio is finished as a really top class defender,that doesn't make him finished as a premiership player but it does make him susceptible too the faster and younger forwards...........and can he keep cutting it for sir alex...that is what i doubt..

I can see him playing for another 2 years at least with us but to do that he has to retire from internationals.

sorry but i cannot see rio playing in 12 months time for utd.....i think in all honesty we will be lucky if we get 12 months out of him............and personally i will be happy with that..a)he's not as good as was.. b)he's lost more than a yard of pace...c)defenders are having too watch for his mistakes(which just recently have been plenty) and not been able too do their own job properly..and d) lets not get too sentimental as i fear(sir) alex has in the past....god i'm getting hard in my old age....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back