Rio Ferdinand to be part of Jose Mourinho's backroom staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Jose double swoop: Mourinho wants Rio Ferdinand in his backroom staff and will bid £10million for Reece Oxford

JOSE MOURINHO wants Rio Ferdinand to return to Manchester United as one of his trusted backroom team.

United legend Ferdinand is seen by Mourinho as a key man to help take the club back to the top.

It is understood Ferdinand has been sounded out about it but has yet to make a decision.

When Mourinho was appointed last week, Rio said: “This winner is a wounded animal which makes him such a mouth-watering appointment.”

The fact Mourinho wants Ferdinand raises further questions about the future of Ryan Giggs.

I'd love Rio back at the club to be honest. Loves the club, talks well about the game, respected by team mates and the younger players when at the club, helped the younger players a lot. Not sure what his role would be but reports suggest that the role Giggs was offered was to do with bridging the gap between the U21s and the first team so could be that Giggs has turned that down and Rio has been offered it now.

I'd love to see Rio brought in to help Jose out behind the scenes. And to me it makes sense. Bring in experienced former players who know the club!

That to me says that Jose has learnt a lot. That he understands what it takes to win us as fans over and that he wants to really embrace the clubs philosophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back