Reserves Transfers

Players Out:
-Tom Heaton (Released - Joining Cardiff City)
-Ron-Robert Zieler (Joining Hannover on a free transfer)
-David Gray ( Almost sure to be released, 22 and needs to be registered if he wants to play)
-Febian Brandy (Released)
-Sam Hewson (Released)
-Scott Moffatt (Released)

Heaton agrees Cardiff move
Cardiff City have agreed a deal to sign United goalkeeper Tom Heaton on 1 July.

The 24-year-old will join the Bluebirds, who narrowly lost out in last month's Championship Playoff final against Blackpool, when his current Reds contract lapses.

Heaton made 21 appearances with Cardiff during a 2008/09 loan spell, and manager Dave Jones is relishing the former England youth international's return.

"We all know about the lad from his time on loan here and know that we have signed a very talented young player who can offer plenty of competition for (David) Marshall in goal," Jones told Cardiff's official club website.

"We look forward to seeing him for pre-season training and know that we have a real prospect for years to come."

Heaton will leave Old Trafford on the eighth anniversary of signing professional forms with the club. He never made a senior appearance for United, but has sampled first-team football on loan at Swindon Town, Cardiff, QPR, Rochdale and Wycombe Wanderers.

Everyone at ManUtd.com would like to wish Tom all the best with his new club.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=6650167
Young quintet to depart
Five United youngsters will leave the club at the end of June.

Tom Heaton's move to Cardiff City has already been confirmed, and he will be followed out of Carrington by Febian Brandy, Sam Hewson, Scott Moffatt and Ron-Robert Zieler.

The quintet's contracts all expire at the end of the current month, and they will be free to join new clubs from 1 July.

Manchester United would like to wish all five boys the very best of luck in their career

Younger players at academy level can look world beaters. Is between the ages of 16-20 the most important period in terms of development? Suppose failure to 'kick on' happens to several young players. Brandy is great example of that, I have a feeling it might happen to Morrisson...already happening to Cameron Stewart, not gonna be at United very long... Morrison's has too many off field problems, he wasn't injured for most of last season i believe, SAF was angry with his attitude and so he was kept out i think, not very sure, i remember reading something on those lines, always hanging out with the wrong crowd, almost arrested once i think...so he needs to really focus next season, or he'll become another starlet who never lived up to his talent

Nah Morrison was definitely injured for the majority of last season and when he came back at the end he looked even better than he did before. Top quality youngster. I think he got arrested back at the start of 09 for being in a car that had a fire arm and drugs in, unknown if either were his. I bet a lot of young footballers who have made it were involved in something like this. It's not just Ravel who's been involved in things like this, most probably didn't get caught though. As a youngster, we do stupid things from time to time, just because he's a footballer it doesn't make him any different from the rest of us. I'm sure Fergie would have had a word in his ear when it came out, it hasn't affected his game, he still seems to want to play and he's playing well.

Apparently Jonathan Woodgate ditched his mates for football by the way.

Hewson's loans didn't work out right for him same with Brandy.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back