Reserves News Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United Reserves' started by Dillip_purple, May 14, 2010.

1. Dillip_purple

Dillip_purple Well-Known Member

This thread is for reserves where all can get players news/updates/matches etc.

2. Dillip_purple

Re: Reserves News Thread_SEA

Reports

Nottingham Forest interested in Corry Evans for a season long loan. Leicester/Coventry City also interested.

3. JSNFRMN

JSNFRMN Moderator

Very good move for him. Hopefully it'll turn out like Jonny's loan and he can get into the side. It'll be harder for Corry though.

4. Dillip_purple

Conor Devlin(GK) & Ollie Norwood played full 90 minutes yesterday for R.Ireland U19 against Russia U19. 1st match of Euro U19 Elite round.

5. Dillip_purple

Match ended with 2-2 draw with Norwood's late brace within 8 mins.

6. g@mb!t

[email protected]!t Well-Known Member

heard news that Welbeck will join Blackpool on loan for the season and Cleverley might go to Newcastle on loan depending on how Hargreaves does in Pre-season...

7. JSNFRMN

JSNFRMN Moderator

Yeah heard the same too, we've got threads on both stories I think, definitely got one on Clevs.

Heard Welbeck's got the choice between PReston and Blackpool. Do you think he should have a full season in championship and definitely get games and goals? or do you think he should risk a season in the prem where he might not impress and maybe not get as much games? I think he will impress in the Prem but you don't know how Blackpool are going to do. Blackpool aren't going to create as much chances as Preston will. But it will provide good prem experience. At Preston there's also the advantages of Fergie jnr being there and able to talk closely with Fergie Snr about Welbeck.

Any news on whether Matt James is going on loan to Preston again next season. They would have got relegated without him from what i've heard.

8. g@mb!t

Welbeck and James were almost cert to join PNE on loan but then they went into administration i think, so no idea whats happening there:(...i think Nottingham Forest were also enquiring about James...Welbeck imo would do well with a full playing season in the championship, i fear at Blackpool there could be a repeat of Rossi's loan at Newcastle few years back:(...unless SAF can get him guaranteed football at Blackpool i dont think its worth it really...

not sure about Welbeck but if PNE come for James he's almost sure to go there...i'm not sure if nottingham were looking at James or Corry Evans tho...and James was excellent at PNE, Ran their midfield...similar to Clev at Watford, kept them up...

9. JSNFRMN

JSNFRMN Moderator

Seeing as Preston have gone into administration, loans might be their only hope for new players, we'd probably pay most of their wages though. That's the only hope they've got really. That's where Preston might have an advantage by having Fergie jnr in there, few favours from SAF.

10. g@mb!t

true, might see De Laet join them too, they seemed weak in defence last season and with st. ledger is going under the knife in the summer, i think they could use him, but i think he's good enough for a prem team...other players who might go out on loan could be Corry Evans, Drinkwater, Oliver Gill, Robet Brady ( Looks really good!!) and Eikrem....

11. JSNFRMN

JSNFRMN Moderator

He's been injured I think for a while. Apparently Fergie phoned Ince and recommended Brandy to Ince. Very interesting that.

12. JSNFRMN

JSNFRMN Moderator

13. IrishManc.

IrishManc. Moderator

Promising news.

14. g@mb!t

Any chance of getting our lineup for the game?

15. JSNFRMN

JSNFRMN Moderator

No one knows anything about it, no one was there, i'm surprised Brighton were allowed to write about this to be honest. These games go on a lot and this is the first time anything has been written about such a game.

16. g@mb!t

a behind closed doors friendly? If it is that, then its surprising that Brighton have written about it.

17. JSNFRMN

JSNFRMN Moderator

Birmingham City reserves draw with Manchester United - Birmingham City FC - Midlands Sports - Sport - Birmingham Post

18. g@mb!t

Looks like Kuszczak is back from injury and getting games, i guess Gibson must have played too

19. JSNFRMN

JSNFRMN Moderator

Reserves played a friendly vs Altrincham today. Drew 2-2. Ravel came on for the 2nd half and was brilliant apparently, getting the equaliser. Pogba could have won it.

Team: Kuszczak, Massacci, Giverin, McGinty, Thorpe, Cofie, Cole, Brown, Keane, Petrucci, Lingard.
    Subs: Pogba, Jacob, Fornasier, M. Keane, Leao, Vermijl, Morrison.

20. g@mb!t

Should we be looking deeper into the fact that Pogba was on the bench (squad for CL?) ?? or was he being rested after the Birmingham reserves game?

21. IrishManc.

IrishManc. Moderator

Maybe but I think considering it's a must win game for us we will probably have an experienced starting 11 and bench for the Otelul game.

22. g@mb!t

"Ezekiel Fryers (51) and Larnell Cole (52) have been handed shirt numbers for the Champions League as 'B list' players" from the Today at OT on the club site. Looks like they'll be in the matchday squad against Galati.

23. JSNFRMN

JSNFRMN Moderator

24. se7en

se7en Well-Known Member

Its on mutv in a few mins

25. se7en

se7en Well-Known Member

West Brom fixture was going to be played tomorrow, it's been moved to March.

26. JSNFRMN

JSNFRMN Moderator

Reserves are beating Blackburn 2-0 in the LSC. 2 goals from Diouf. Gibson and Rafael with the assists. No Morrison again, must be injured. Petrucci came on for Diouf after 55m. Lingard and Fornasier just came on for Kiko and Fryers.

Edit: 3-0 now Lingard with the goal. 80m gone.

Edit (again): 4-0. Willy Keano with a cracking left foot finish.

Full Time. 4-0. Very good performance apparently.

27. se7en

se7en Well-Known Member

On at 9pm MUTV

28. Speedy

Speedy Well-Known Member

Hmm will be watching the Spurs-Chelsea match. Would be nice if the club would comment on Morrison so we could work out whether he's injured or being a dick, but guess they're just trying to protect him.

Mate told me Fryers played despite being on the bench last night? Did Pogba play?

29. JSNFRMN

JSNFRMN Moderator

Morrison was watching the game last week, unlikely he's being "a dick", pretty sure he's injured. Fergie doesn't comment on some first team players' injuries so I doubt he'd comment on Ravel or anyone else from the Reserves for that matter.

Fryers has played a couple of times for the Reserves after being on the bench the night before for the first team. Think he played for the reserves the day after the Palace game too.

Pogba did play, yes.

30. Speedy

Speedy Well-Known Member

Was just a little surprised Fryers played with Wednesdays match being away in London and all the travelling involved.

Well yeah Fergie has never really commented on the fitness of any of the youth players, just saying it would be helpful if he or the club did. Only going to cause questions to be asked especially with the rumours flying around with Ravel. I know he took a knock or summat during the Palace game but still doesn't stop there from being a little doubt in my mind saying he's been misbehaving again. I know Fergie is just protecting them but I'm still a nosy sod and need to know whats going on!

Did anyone watch the game on MUTV? How did Pogba play? Kinda hoping he would make the bench for either the Wigan or Blackburn games with the lack of midfield options.

31. Sideshow Bob

Sideshow Bob Avatar & New Members Forum Mod

Before today's news about Jones, Pogba may have had the chance. Don't know now but Fergie may think the next two games are ideal for some experience.

32. JSNFRMN

JSNFRMN Moderator

Pogba is ready physically but not ready footballing wise, Ravel is the other way around. Think Pogba deserves a chance off the bench at some point in the Prem this season, don't think it'll happen soon though.

33. se7en

se7en Well-Known Member

Why isnt Ravel ready physically wise?

34. JSNFRMN

JSNFRMN Moderator

Stamina isn't quite there for the big pitches, isn't strong enough either at the moment.

35. se7en

se7en Well-Known Member

hhmmm not sure about that you don't have to look like Pogba to make it, haven't seen him enough this season to judge his stamina.