Sideshow Bob

United Under-21s face Bolton - Official Manchester United Website

Manchester United's Reserves entertain Bolton Wanderers in the Lancashire Senior Cup quarter-final on Monday night.

The Moss Lane fixture, a second outing at Altrincham's ground this season, could allow Warren Joyce the chance to pit his youngsters against experienced opponents as the Reds look to defend the trophy obtained following the victory over Manchester City in August's final.

Bolton defeated Blackpool in the first round of the competition while Burnley and Wigan Athletic have already booked their places in the last four.

The Reds have already triumphed 4-0 against Wanderers in the Manchester Senior Cup back in September but only Ben Amos, Guillermo Varela, Charni Ekangamene and Reece James from the players who got on the pitch that night are likely to be available. Ekangamene is on loan at Carlisle but featured at centre-back in the Under-21s' win at Wolves last time out.

Striker James Wilson, who scored all three goals at Molineux, will be a major threat if he is involved again.

Left my job last week so no longer working during evenings. Can't remember last time I actually saw an U21s game. Think Will Keane had just returned to action when I last saw a game.

I will be leaving to go and watch this in about 30 mins, will try and post the team sheet. Is good to be back at Alty, stood on proper terracing

e4ezabe5.jpg

Thought our performance was more enjoyable to watch than the first team to be honest.

Thought Bolton just about deserved the win in the end

Glad there wasnt extra time as it was freezing !

Thought we should have won it really. Looked comfortable just couldn't get that killer 2nd goal. Fell asleep at the back late on.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back