Reserves 2 - 0 Altrincham

JSNFRMN

Lineup was: Johnstone, S Barnes, L Barnes, Cathcart, Gill, Brady, Norwood, Morrison, W Keane, Eikrem (c) and Ajose.

Brady and Dudgeon the scorers. You may have noticed 2 new names in there... The Barnes twins (NOT related to John...I believe). I don't know whether they're on the books now or are just on trial, they were formerly at Stockport County.

Oh and Chicharito was present at Moss Lane tonight. What an experience that must have been. :shock:

i think that might be Sam Barnes, i remember Ole praising that player after a reserves game last season....let me do a little search :D..maybe he has a brother too@

Yep, this is Sam Barnes from Stockport COunty and his Brother Louis Barnes, Sam has already made his debut for Stockport.
and just read that both their profile's have been removed from the stockport county website..maybe new signings??

They are on trial as per manutd.com.

Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | United eye County starlet

United eye County starlet
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirms interest

Last updated: 14th March 2010

Manchester United are interested in signing Stockport County starlet Sam Barnes.

United reserve team boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed that he has scouted the 18-year-old for Sir Alex Ferguson.

And the Norwegian has reported back to Fergie, giving Barnes a glowing report.

18-year-old Barnes, who was on Liverpool's books as a schoolboy, could now be offered the chance of a dream switch to Old Trafford.

"He's strong, reads the game well and has good pace," Solskjaer is quoted by the People.

"I'll be recommending him to the gaffer."

He was very impressive on Monday against the reserves, not surprised he caught the eye of Solksjaer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Barnes_(footballer)

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back