Relegation Dogfight 2018/19

Sideshow Bob

Huddersfield and Fulham are gone, but who will be the third club to join them?

Been busy all day and missed the 3pm football don’t know any results. Just watching match of the day that injury time equaliser for Southampton against Cardiff could be massive....

....as I’m writing that Cardiff got a winner.

Cardiff are my answer to the team that join em though.

I hope Burnley go down I'm sick of the way they play and the way Dyche goes on and on about how honest they are despite them being a dirty side that cheats in a different way.

Looks like they are out of it though.

Huddersfield are gone Fulham probably are as well the defences are horrible.

I think Southampton will go down they've had their new manager bounce but they're just such a nothing side and they don't have a goal scorer if Newcastle can keep Rondon fit I think he'll get the goals to keep them up and now Rafa can't moan about signings I think he'll knuckle down and get them on a run that keeps them up.

Cardiff just look a solid functional side like Burnley/Huddersfield/Brighton when they came up they keep the games tight and low scoring generally and the tragedy may galvanise them as a group.

Brighton are the one to keep an eye on they're sinking quickly only 3 points off relegation now.

@jsp - Glad it isnt just me that feels this is the case, Ashley Barnes was a little s**t against us, but I do have a soft spot for Burnley in a weird way, The head physio who attends to players on the pitch is a customer who comes in our pub and he's a top bloke !

Think Cardiff look good enough to avoid it, that 3 points at the weekend was huge for them and I think will give them a morale boost. Never liked the whole vibe and big club attitude from Newcastle so wouldent mind seeing them go down.

I think Southampton will just about scrape their way out of trouble if they can get Danny Ings back soon or Charlie Austin firing.

I worry most of all for Brighton, if I was a betting man (which I am !) my money is on Brighton to join Fulham and Huddersfield.[/QUOTE]

I too have a soft spot for Burnley. My best friends old man was a Burnley fan and passed away between them winning the Championship and the prem season beginning. About 20 of us said we’d donate a £1 for every point they got that season to Cancer Research. He was one of the locals in the pub I drink in so we all cheer them on down there. And for that reason I don’t want to see them get relegated.

Got nothing against Burnley as a club I just can't stand Dyche the cr*p he comes out with when his team lose does my head in the whole my team don't cheat thing and they're just an annoying team to watch plus we can't ever seem to beat them so I'd happily seen them gone. I actually think Dyche is a good manager but the moaning does my head in because he doesn't get called out on it as it's classic distraction stuff. For a man who comes across as a total dinosaur he's strangely really pro-VAR. As for Barnes he's a nuisance but he's a cracking little player I think he'd do well as a squad player for the top sides he's got a touch of the Bellamy's about him just constantly niggling at you and has a real nasty streak but he's got real quality as well when he does get the ball.

I think relegation is a fair punishment for signing Joe Hart as well.

Brighton are a good side that game with Burnley flipped massively in a minute Brighton get denied a blatant penalty for handball at one end which could make it 2-1 then Burnley go straight up the other end and get a pen to make it 3-1.

I think Burnley will have enough to stay up, they look like they have turned it around and will continue to steer clear of those relegation places. Also I think Brighton will have enough.

Newcastle are an interesting one, at times they don’t look half bad. If Almiron settles and shows his obvious talent then he could be a steal for them.

For me Southampton are looking pretty awful, the new manager came in and they got one or two good results but since that honeymoon period has worn off they have been dire. Some of their signings the last few years have been poor and they would be my bet.

At the start of the season thought Cardiff wouldn’t get anywhere but they’ve shown some steel and are tough to play against for the teams around them. I still don’t feel like they have enough quality so for me it’s Southampton or Cardiff to go with the other two.

That last minute goal will have been tough to take last night for Newcastle.

Premier League: Burnley 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur - 23rd February 2019

Big win for Burnley.

Palace do Leicester 4-1 away from home. Big win for them two.

Burnley 8 unbeaten now have to imagine they’ll be safe with the turn in form

Fulham could go on Tuesday if they lose and others win.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back