Released players

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Couple of surprises in there. Gribbin always looked a good talent but has been dogged by injuries. Bohui I thought was worth another season.

Bohui was definitely worth another season for sure, he’s got great pace and definitely has ability. I think he’ll be picked up for sure.

Guess it was time for Gribbin to find a new home as he has been dogged by injuries and a change of scenery might do him good. Another one is Buffonge who’s gone - I thought he had a real chance to make it here but I guess you’ve got to take your chance as you move up the youth ranks.

Rumours are Gribbin is calling it quits all together and not pursuing a career in professional football.

Mata isn’t listed because he has a contract offer on the table.

Mata should just be allowed to walk. He's a really good technical player but he's not a fit here and he doesn't really have a role.

Mata should just be allowed to walk. He's a really good technical player but he's not a fit here and he doesn't really have a role.

Sounds like he’s getting a new 2 year deal bit like they did with Fellaini last year my guess is squeeze 1 more year then hope for a fee.

Off the pitch I think they squad needs a guy like Mata really experienced plenty of trophies under his belt but don’t see him contributing much on the pitch next season.

Sounds like he’s getting a new 2 year deal bit like they did with Fellaini last year my guess is squeeze 1 more year then hope for a fee.

Off the pitch I think they squad needs a guy like Mata really experienced plenty of trophies under his belt but don’t see him contributing much on the pitch next season.

He's getting a two year deal either because we want to sell to generate some money. Or targets we want aren't coming! I think we should be prepared for a rather disappointing summer.

You still need squad players and Mata can still fulfil a role. You can’t just get rid of everyone and end up with a paper thin squad, we are still going to be in four competitions next season even if one of them isn’t the Champions League. I’m pretty easy which way this goes, I wouldn’t be disappointed if he goes but I wouldn’t be tearing my hair out if he stays.

That applies throughout the group. I guess there will be players moving up from the u16s but both the 18s and 23s felt like both squads were thin.

Mata can still fulfil a role
Sorry but what role? Honestly I think he's a really good football player. Clever, technically good, spots a pass that others don't. But he has no actual position in this system that fits for him and he slows the game down so badly.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back