Reds agree deal for striker

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSNFRMN

Manchester United is pleased to announce it has reached agreement with Portuguese club Vitoria de Guimaraes for the purchase of 20-year-old striker Tiago Manuel Dias Correia (better known as "Bebe") for an undisclosed fee, subject to a successful medical in Manchester later this week.

Personal terms have been agreed with the Cacém-born (Portugal) forward.
http://bit.ly/aR4fLq

Totally unknown to me. But this guy called Javier Hernandez was unknown as well. So, let's wait and see this lad in action. Although I do not believe that SAF will work with six strikers in the squad. Maybe he can go on loan.

Apparently he can play just behind the Striker. Like say... Ronaldinho. Old School No.10. Also can play as a winger.

He'll probably be loaned back to Vitoria.

I've seen 2 long range goals a la Ronaldo vs Porto, not as powerful but similar range.

It was announced Smalling would stay at Fulham, yes.

this is a complete shocker, only reason SAF would buy him is if he thought he could play on the wings or as an AMC
Wouldn't make sense when he's been praising Macheda and Hernandez so much, and with Welbeck, Diouf and King out on loan.

just saw the video, he looks really strong, but isn't the fastest from what i saw in that second goal.
Comparison to Manucho is just unfair, just because Quieroz recommended him!
People should realize that all the players who came from Portugal are here because of Carlos

He's praised Welbeck and Diouf a lot too. And King is tipped by many aswell as me to be the most promising.

Apparently he is really fast, can't clarify that as i've never seen him play a proper match.

yeah, your right would be silly to judge a player from 2 very short videos, i Trust Quieroz, i think he'll be a good buy.

He must have something to be picked out of the 3rd tier of Portuguese football and get a £7m buy out clause slapped on his back.

I'm off, hopefully hear more on this in the morning.

Yeah, that was the video I posted on the last page from a different website.

Does seem to play a lot out on the wing and a deeper central role.

Here's a bit more on him: http://www.portugoal.net/index.php/more ... gning-bebe

Extract
“He’s an old-school player. He learned to play in the street and has that natural creativity, an irreverence, and that makes all the difference. He improvises very well, because he has quality, and he has a set of characteristics that are difficult to find in a single footballer: he’s tall, he’s good in the air, he’s technically gifted and he’s very fast.”

Bebe actually looks ok, but considering the players he was playing against look like amateurs, too early to make a decision, but he's technically very good, seems to be good at dribbling..he looks physically very strong? reminds me of Baptista, what do you guys think?

Just saw the video

He looks quick and i think people are wrong in considering him as a striker, after seeing that video he looks much more comfortable down the wings, one thing that stood out in that 6 min video was how he kept crossing rather than try to do tricks to get past his man, the biggest problem with Nani, Bebe just kept crossing the moment he got space and his crosses were good too!

This guy's story is awesome. Worthy of a Hollywood screenplay or a Mexican soap opera.
He was watched in a Homeless WC, signed by Estrela Amadora, Portugal's third division, soon after was playing at Vitoria de Guimaraes in the first division and he's is now at Manchester United. Dreams come true sometimes.

According to some people from Portugal, Babe is not a striker. not even an attacking Midfielder.He's more like Obertan or Nani to play wide open.

Re: Reds agree deal for st

Glad this has been cleared up to an extent. I'd like to see him play for the reserves before getting involved with the team, it'd be risky to throw him straight in.

Hope to learn a lot more about this player over the coming days. Is there a Fergie press conference tomorrow? or on the weekend because we're on Monday?

i think he'll make his first team debut sooner than most expect, especially if he's really as quick and strong as he's shown in the video to b, He'll be too good for the reserves..maybe a Carling Cup debut?

actually with obertan injured park is the only cover we have...just being wishful but he might make the bench if we have a packed game week with a game in midweek..

I wouldn't mind betting they've given Obertan extra time to do a bit more pre-season work or something which is what I thought would happen.

Portuguese journos did not know anything of the Madrid offer when asked on Wednesday night. I think they were looking at him, don't think they made an offer but they might have been looking into it. Our Portuguese connections probably helped but then Real's manager is Mourinho who is Portuguese. Real not known for developing youngsters.

Ah ok..so you think Bebe's gonna make his debut in the coming month, from the press conference seems that Fergie think's he'll be a first team player

Don't know about the first month, think he might get a chance in the League Cup off the bench, needs to be given time I think.

Unless Bebe's the new Maradona I think he will be given time, surely he can't go from the Portuguese 3rd Div to Premiership in a few weeks !?

I's thinking of changing my username to "We are the Scoreboard Paddock" ;)

Should be interesting to watch his progress. Obertan spent the whole of last season playing in the reserves really. Same will probably happen for Bebe.

I expect he will get brief appearances for the first team this season hopefully he adjusts well

Apparently he's in the squad for Monday despite not even passing his medical yet.

JSNFRMN_MUFC said:
Apparently he's in the squad for Monday despite not even passing his medical yet.

Cant see that happening at all

The Guardian posted the squads and probable 11's for both teams.

just read it, that probable XI looks stupid, Carrick to start ahead of Fletch?
Evra to start when he hasn't played a match in months??
and I'm almost sure Giggsy will be on the bench and we'll start with a 4-4-2, with Berbatov upfront.

It does say probables in Bold. Evra isn't in bold.

The squad is the actual squad though. The probable team is irrelevant. Bebe is expected to be in the squad whether he'll be on the bench, I don't know.

Fergie says Bebe is first player he has signed in 24 years at United without seeing him live or even on video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back