Real Madrid set to reappoint Zinedine Zidane

weird he'd go back.

that will be Bale out for sure. I hope Woodward isn't silly enough.................................................................

He’s had his break from football. He’ll get paid a bucket load and he only has to do better than mediocre that’s been since he left. Perfect from him.

Probably going to have a lot more control that he was being offered in the summer in terms of clearing the squad and who comes in.

You have to assume he's come back because there are big plans for the summer overhaul.

Let's be honest he has played a blinder there. He left what was a fairly weak squad, certainly by real standards, somebody else becomes the fall guy, he returns 6 months later reputation intact and getting everything he wants.

Yeah great piece of work by Zidane there.

Chelsea certain to lose Hazard now. Bale, I can't see anyone wanting him on those wages, it sounds like he's not even motivated at Madrid so would he be at united? Who can afford those wages especially when he spends so long out injured. I can't see anywhere to offload him. That will be tricky for Madrid.

He wants Pogba too, from some media outlets.

As for Jose, what for him now, they way he was talking at the weekend he thought he had that job.

I doubt Zidane has told anyone what his plans are so anything in the papers at this point is just speculation however Madrid do need a big rebuild they've got problems in midfield and up front so they need to bring in some heavy hitters and clear the decks. They've squeezed every last drop out of this team and it's time to rebuild they can't just keep kicking the can down the road. My guess is they'll be looking to sell Bale and Modric rumours are they're open to selling Marcelo as well to raise cash for the rebuild as it won't be cheap.

That means the usual names will be put around Lewendowski, Hazard, Pogba, Kante, Kane, Icardi, Neymar, Mbappe, Dybala etc basically any big player who isn't at Barca will be on the radar.

The question is will Madrid continue looking to younger players so will they look at someone like Sancho or even Rashford or will they go for the more established players? My guess is they'll be looking for players who are hitting the prime rather than those who've been established at the top so players like Lewendowski may have missed their chance.

I think Madrid will look to make a big statement this summer in the market. Think they will look to bring in someone like Hazard or Mbappe - with Hazard more likely. They’ve still got good young talent in Asensio and Vinicius but think guys like Benzema and Bale have seen better days.

They did not replace the star quality of Ronaldo, they lost his goals, his assists and his world class ability. I’m not for one minute surprised they are struggling. But Zidane can now come back in as the lord saviour.

Yeah I think they'd be silly to go for Neymar now focus should be on getting someone like Mbappe and then take Hazard as well.

With Zidane back will Isco be able to find the sort of form he had 18 months ago where he was brilliant.

Be interesting to see what happens to Ramos will Zidane want to move him on as Perez is very keen to get control of that dressing room back from the players bit like the last Galactico era the egos have got to powerful.

Mbappe has said he's promised PSG he'll be there next year, he's not going anywhere this year.

I doubt PSG will let him go but he's what Madrid need they don't need Neymar when they already have Vinisius he plays from the left so they don't really have a need for Neymar or Hazard now. What they need is a centre forward to replace Benzema and a right side to replace Bale to built a new attack the BBC is dead it's time to build the next generation that can deliver them 100 goals a season.

Mbappe I think will look to do another season at PSG but I don't see him being their for his entire career bit like Ronaldo eventually he'll end up in Spain and it probably is the same for Pogba he might give it one more season at Utd if he believes in Ole but I think he fancies a move as he wants a proper crack at the European Cup.

one more season and he's off, hopefully by then we can prove Old Trafford is where he should be.

We need to get Pogba a new deal soon I think or Madrid will be after him too.

Think he signed to a 6 year deal so even at the end of this season he's 3 years left so if he wants to go next summer we have 2 years on the contract so we'll still be able to get a big fee.

If we offer him a new deal he'll be looking for a pay rise plus signing fees and his agent will want a fee so the club are probably best to sit tight, if they think he wants to really commit the next 3 or 4 years to us then offer him the deal.

I wonder if Zidane forced Perez to promise to sell Bale in the summer as this was apparently one of the things they fell out over as Perez wanted Bale to stay and Ronaldo to go whereas Zidane wanted the club to give Ronaldo a new deal and sell Bale.

My guess is they'll be offering Bale to anyone and everyone this summer but I just don't see anyone who's going to accept picking up his wages. Eriksen is a player Zidane/Madrid apparently want but there's no way Spurs could bring Bale back on huge money.

The only way he goes anywhere is on loan bit like Juventus have had to do with Higuaín just to get a chunk of the wages off the books.

Yeah, Bale is out, I just hope Ole will stop Ed signing him.

I am interested to see how Zidane gets on with no Ronaldo. I don't think he's that great a coach. So let's see. From last night you can see how Ronaldo makes such a difference in the CL.

Ronaldo covered up some cracks in the attack with moments of magic but Zidane had the rest of that team ticking they didn't give up many goals in defence and arguably the best midfield in Europe over the last few seasons but it was a team who turned up for the big games but with no consistency.

I think what he did was under rated in terms of the tactics I think he was pretty clever as a coach put people in a system and in the right places making big calls like dropping Bale even though he was a superstar.

This isn't going to be a quick fix they need to nail the recruitment in the summer to solve the longer term problems and reinvigorate the team with Ronaldo gone they can be a "team" again as they don't need to set everything up for one man.

Don't know if he's injured, but Courtois didn't even make the bench at the weekend.

Zidane hasn't exactly done much sine arriving has he.

wow, he really doesn't like Courtois then. Unless he is injured.

Courtois, for me, is one of the best keepers around.

Zidane in trouble, Jose in the wings.

Is this the real reason they didn't come in for Pogba?

Zidane in trouble, Jose in the wings.

Is this the real reason they didn't come in for Pogba?

Zidane pushed hard for Hazard they gave him Hazard but I don't think they were prepared to back him up with Pogba as well. I think for Zidane to survive Hazard has got to find his best form and show that he's the man to finally replace Ronaldo so far he's not really played as he's had injuries.

Mourinho will be the Madrid manager within the next month in my opinion it's all set up for him.

Zidane wanted the power to clear out the old guard he hasn't been able or allowed to do that he knows that as long as those old boys are there things won't change. He wanted revolution not evolution this summer Perez wouldn't allow it.

The talk is Mourinho turned Madrid down last year because he was still under contract at Utd and hadn't totally given up at that point (probably wanted his pay off first).

Zidane should never have gone back in a way he's undone the reputation he built in his first spell but he can point to a lot of mitigating factors.

If Mourinho does go to Madrid I wonder if Pogba will suddenly be up for new contract talks? My guess is his agent will start tapping Juventus and PSG I think we are at the point where Pogba is done at Utd and wants something new. Those deals are possible if Dybala has a change of heart over Utd Juventus have a decent bargaining chip and if PSG do sell Neymar next summer to Barca then they'll have the cash to buy a player like Pogba.

If Jose goes to Madrid, Pogba only really has us or PSG. I don't think Juve will be able to afford him

Ronaldo and Ramsey wages must be a killer.

Tax in Italy is low think they only pay 20% income tax to foreign players due to a recent law change so the wages aren't as big a problem as they might look.

Juventus is an option but they need to have a massive sale next year IF they won the CL it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to move Ronaldo on to recover some of that money he came to deliver that one key objective.

They had a similar problem to us just with better players they have a huge squad with big salaries and player that don't want to go.

Surely Zidane will get a bit of time though, he’s made quite a few changes since last season and they weren’t pulling up any trees last year. I think because of his history he will get more time than most but José is definitely looming large in the wings.

I think there is a lot being relied on Hazard and if he doesn’t smash it then they will struggle. He could be one of those cases he is more suited to being a big fish in a small pond, rather than in the giant unrelenting fish bowl of Madrid.

I don't think Zidane will get much time, I think Perez has fallen out of love with him, I got the feeling he wanted him gone before the season even started.

It sounds weird, having won 3CL, but I don't rate him as a manager, take Ronaldo out the equation I don't he would have won anything.

Oh yeah don’t get my wrong I don’t rate him a hell of a lot either. It’s times like these when you really show your mettle as a manager. He still has enough quality at his disposal but the team looks poor and short of ideas at times this season.

That is a good point about Perez and he certainly doesn’t take sentiment into account. But did him and Jose get on? I can’t even remember.

yeah, I think Perez loves Jose, it was some of the players who didn't.

I imagine Ramos is a still a problem for the Jose appointment.

Zidane came back under the impression that he'd be allowed to change the squad he hasn't been able/allowed to do that he wanted players like James, Bale even Modric out and replaced by younger hungrier players. He even wanted to bin Courtois and play Navas but was told he had to sell Navas and play Courtois something he gave in on.

Was probably to big an ask in one summer but he doesn't feel he was backed the reports are he didn't really pick the players they signed.

Madrid's league form tells you they're in a mess their record in the league in the last decade is poor think they've won the league twice in 10 years but in Ronaldo they had a guy who always turned up for them in the big game in Europe.

I think Perez is past the point of caring with Ramos he knows they don't need him now and his power with fans has dropped if appointing Mourinho finally making him leave probably does them a favour.

I think Perez is past the point of caring with Ramos he knows they don't need him now and his power with fans has dropped if appointing Mourinho finally making him leave probably does them a favour.

yeah, I'd read that too.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back