Real Madrid’s Lassana Diarra

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need goals not def mids who have only scored 5 goals in 100+ games. Lassana is the Diarra that isn't that good isn't he? Mahamadou Diarra I would be excited about although he too is a def mid.

Not More Defensive Midfielders we want. Fletch/Hargo Der. Corry Evans to Come. They would be Cheap Buy But No More defensive Plech.

Marca Is Relible. Not Much true by dem. Bullish. Both Diarras No!!!!

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/8 ... -and-spurs?

Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra is due in England within the next few days amid rumours he is close to sealing a high-profile transfer back to the Premier League.

Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra is being linked with a move back to English football

Diarra, 25, is being discussed as a £20million target for Tottenham as well as Manchester United, with Sir Alex Ferguson prepared to spend a significant sum to bolster his midfield.

Haven't seen much of Lassana since his move to Madrid, was never given a chance at Arsenal and Chelsea but proved a point at Pompey, he did shore up Madrid's leaky defence when he joined them towards the end of Schuster's last season there....i believe he was pushed below Gago under Pellegrini and Mourinho not a huge fan of his so 'd expect him to move..not the tallest player around but works hard in midfield and is younger than the other Diarra...worth a try imo..could come good at his 3rd try at a big club in England..we could use some bite in Midfield.

If he does join then very very bad news for Hargreaves imo and maybe Carrick too, if Lassanna comes and SAF intends to keep up on his word to play Clev then i don see a place for CArrick too in our team...

Manchester United are poised to bid for Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra - to beef up Sir Alex Ferguson's central options.

Fergie has tracked Diarra since his spell in England and with the midfielder unlikely to get many starts under Jose Mourinho this season the United boss is ready to pounce.

Diarra quit both Chelsea and Arsenal because of a lack of first-team action, before his displays at Fratton Park earned him a £20million move to La Liga two years ago.

While Real have put an initial £19million valuation on Diarra's head, that is open to negotiation with the Spanish giants looking to get the 25-year-old off their vast pay-roll.

Source: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ma ... 43971.html

i don't mind us signing him to be honest, i still think we're lack depth in midfield if Clev is going to be loaned out, plus with Anderson's latest fiasco, i'd rather have Lassana, than see O'shea start in midfield again :(

Diarra at £9m could be a good buy. Anything over £10m will be a bit :shock: :eek:

Could do with a replacement for Hargo too. I think we'll be alright this year without an AM but when Scholes and Giggs are surplus to reqs we have to get someone in.

i think we shouldn't hold any more hopes of seeing Hargo play for us again, atleast at the level we expected when we bought him...time fro SAF to buy someone or try a youngster, i'm hoping we don't have to end up using O'Shea there

Oh no, Hargo is gone in my opinion. Rodwell would be a good option...and homegrown.

Rodwell would cost almost twice what Lassana would...i think we should Give Corry Evans and Norwood a try...

We've coped well without Hargo for 2 years, does he even need replacing?

i think the reason we lost to Barca is because of a lack of a good DM. and considering how our record against the big teams hasn't been really great in terms of midfield dominance during some games, i think we could do with someone like Lassana.

Diarra at £9m could be a good buy. Anything over £10m will be a bit :shock: :eek:

I completely agree. He'd be a decent signing because he's experienced on the biggest 3 stages of club football (La Liga, Premiership and Champions League) but I wouldn't value him over 10m considering he isn't a regular starter at Madrid. If he played game in - game out, then fair enough Madrid charging the reported 19-20m but he isn't so; Madrid are taking the mick just a teeny tiny bit asking for that much!

I'm not his biggest fan but at £9m-£10m then I wouldn't disagree with the move as a solid defensive mid would be a good addition. Anything above that price and I would be annoyed.

Same opinion here. He's got versatility too, played at RB a bit if I remember correctly. For a small man he's quite strong too, a bit like Makelele. I didn't realise he was only 26 too. Still got his best years ahead of him. He's got Prem experience too.

I think you would probably describe Diarra as a solid midfielder.

Jason you're right he is quite strong which we could do with in midfield.

Save the money and promote tunnicliffe. He'll be every bit as good if not better

Too early for Tunnicliffe which is why if Diarra was cheap he'd be a good short term option while we wait for him to come through.

Should be the type of player we want to bring in. He has PL and Champions league experience and would do well in our midfield. I'd take him for 10m!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back