Ravel Morrison Joins West Ham United

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if part of his reluctance to sign is also due to Scholes coming out of retirement. If I was an 18 year old who had been massively hyped up as the next big thing, hadn't been given a chance and then a guy who is 37 comes out of retirement and knocks me further down the pecking order I would probably be a little bit pissed.

No chance, in no way is Scholes blocking his path, if i was an 18 year old playing for the club i would be ecstatic to play/train with Scholes everyday. They don't play in the same position anyway.

I don't know about that, I think it's money related. They do play in different positions but Scholes could take up another spot on the bench. If Fergie thinks Pogba and Morrison are ready they will get game time.

Yes that's the sensible way to look at it. Morrison however has already proved consistently that being sensible isn't one of his strongest traits. He's been training with Scholes for the best part of 18 months since Morrisons been training with the first team now and then since mid 2010 and Scholes has trained regularly with the reserves this season so don't think he'll see that as a positive. Really think Morrison especially will see Scholes as just another block to the first team, don't think it's rational but it's the way I think Morrisons mind works. I think money is the biggest problem but I think Scholesys return is a factor in it.

I have to say though, Fergie is an absolute genius bringing the whole issue out into the open. He knows what he's doing.Sir Alex did the same when Rooney made such a big fuss over contract and brought to media's attention what a disgraceful act he and his agent were doing. Eventually through media's criticism, Rooney realized his mistake and made a U-turn. same with Morrison. I think bringing this whole issue out in the open can hopefully put some sense into his head and he stays.

I think the situations are similar but obviously at a different pay scale.

Wonder if he is included in reserve squad for tonight? This needs to get sorted quickly and his tweeting won't be doing him any favours with SAF. Its disappointing that a talent such as this will move away or waste it all together

Hope he is, will be a good sign if he does make the squad. From his tweets it seems that he doesn't really want to leave United, gives me the impression his agent is the root of the problems. It's getting to the point where there's so many conflicting stories that it's hard to know what to believe though.

For those who don't know Ravel tweeted that he hasn't turned down a contact "I have never 1s turned down a contract off manchester united".

Morrisons agent is also the agent of Cole, Lawrence, Gorre and Rudge so will be interesting to find out the truth.

But today Morrison tweeted: "Who ever keeps sayin don't move to m.city , m.city have never ones been in my mind and who every tells you I'm movin to the ignore them :)"

Can't see him moving to City, he's a United fan end of the day. If he leaves it'll be too a club outside the city or abroad (Roma the latest rumour). If he's here at the end of Jan I'm confident he'll stay with the club.

Rio also was tweeting about him the other day, Gary Neville got him involved after Michael Vaughan ask Nev about Ravel.
"got huge potential. I've told him what I think of him+what he needs to do to fulfil it" "Love to see young lads come thru the youth system.Would b a big waste if it all goes tits up. Got some good 1s coming through"

Fergie shot down Neil Ashton (I think) three times when asked about Morrison.

Probably the right thing to do but doesn't help stop all the rumours and speculation flying around. Fergie made his point last week, the balls in Morrison's court now.

Another ridiculous article in the daily mail, unfortunately most people will believe it.

@RavelMorrison49: Never asked for 30k 50k 20k never refused 12k were do people get all this from

Surprising how many United fans seem to think the worst of him without having a clue what's going on.

A lot of the crap written about him seems to come from the Mail for some reason.

It was the Mail who wrote a piece on welbeck's contract situation too

Fergie hasn't been particularly obnoxious to one of their journo's has he? Seems to me like their trying to cause a bit of trouble, I'm sure most of the Pogba stories are coming from them as well.

Fergie sounded p***ed when asked on Ravel and I dont think he should be allowed anywhere near social networks. Fergie likes to keep the media guessing and then you have a reserve player contradicting him. Ravel should be discussing his situation with the club and not giving the tabloids ammunition.

Not the greatest article from Mr Taylor in my opinion. He does enjoy having the odd pop at Fergie.

Taylor saying United have told Newcatle what we want for Morrison. Newcastle feel it is too much.

When he buried the winner at the kop end who would of thought then we would be where we are now

IF we sell him we have to get some sort of buy back clause because it could be the worst decision we ever make letting him go

I don't know Irishmanc, we have lost bigger players in the past. We're not privy to all the details - the club may have tried their very best to guide Morrison but to no avail. This could be wrong of course. I think Morrison needs a club like United and Fergie's guidance, without the two he may not achieve in football what his talent would suggest. As we know to be a top footballer more than just talent is needed.

I think Morrison needs United more than United needs him. I'll be very disappointed if he leaves but from everything I've heard from different sources it seems like the club have done everything they could to keep him on track and nurture his talent, comes across as they've lost patience with him. He's very talented but I would doubt he'd make a serious impact with the first team for a couple of seasons, and if he's a disruption at the club it's better to let him go.

He could have been an outstanding player for club and country and instead it looks like it's going to go to waste for United at least. Imagine if Darron Gibson had Ravel's talent, might just be the perfect player!

I don't know Irishmanc, we have lost bigger players in the past. We're not privy to all the details - the club may have tried their very best to guide Morrison but to no avail. This could be wrong of course. I think Morrison needs a club like United and Fergie's guidance, without the two he may not achieve in football what his talent would suggest. As we know to be a top footballer more than just talent is needed.

Yeah true and I suppose if the rumours about him missing training consistently and what not are true then I suppose we have no choice. At the same time though I'd understand if Morrison is frustated at seeing lesser players than him getting more opportunities.

If he did leave he would only become more uncontrollable and yeah he wouldn't be half the player. Heard Bojan Djordjic has been training with United lately - Morrison can look at him first hand and realise how talent, as you say, isn't all that's required to make it. He was apparently a top young talent also.

From twitter:
Seems Ravel Morrison's agent is seeking legal advice as he alledges quotes from Italian media re: a transfer are "totally fabricated".

If true, club obviously want to keep him or Fergie does anyway, his relationship with Big Sam may have played part.

RT @WHUFC_News: I've been told that moves for Stephen Ireland and Ravel Morrison will be LOAN deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back