Raul Meireles

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSNFRMN

United journalists are reporting that United have been in touch TODAY with FC Porto about Raul Meireles

If you were around the site pre-world cup, you will know that I became a big fan of Meireles and if this happens I will be chuffed.

He's not bad in attack either. Very underrated player in my opinion. Intelligent. Probably one of Portugal's only good performers at the World Cup.

i think performing Hargo's role, will be useful in big games, add some defensive options to our midfield if we get him..Him and Gibson or Him and Flecth would mean Gibson and Fletcher get more chances to attack..

Doesn't look good for Ando and Hargo if this comes off. Our Portuguese connections are growing. It's quite worrying considering Mourinho is Portuguese.

I agree and think that meireles is underrated in attack if he did come he would be a box to box midfielder, if its true then fergie seems to be losin patience with hargo's injuries shame that and with ando not bein realisticly fully match fit till prob bout new year, meirles would be a great buy!

I know one thing, him and a few other players are too good to be playing in the Portuguese league. (no offence to the Portuguese League by the way)

Manchester United are closing in on Porto midfielder Raul Meireles.

A Bola says the prospect of Meireles moving to United is gathering pace after he was left out - again - from Porto's squad for their clash with Racing Genk so not to Cup tie him from European football.

With Mesut Ozil now a Real Madrid player, United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is expected to move for Meireles, who he sees as ideal cover for Paul Scholes in midfield.

Porto are now preparing to sell the midfielder in the coming weeks.

Source: http://bit.ly/9u126e

I hope we sign him! Was very impressed with him at the world cup. I think this means that Hargo is probably finished! Which is a shame! As far as Anderson goes, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go out on loan to Porto as part of the deal! It would give him regular football, a chance to build up fitness and confidence again! He has never really produced the football that made us buy him in the first place!

Oooo good call on Ando. Wouldn't be a bad idea, might knock a few million off too.

It does seem like meireles will be leavin over the weekend maybe and with fergie refusin to rule out another signin at the press conference who knows maybe he's headin our way!

Where does he get in our 25 man squad is what I want to know. Hargo being left out? De Laet out on loan?

if we do sign Meirelles, i doubt it'll be De Lae who misses out, Fergie will be catious to avoid a repeat of the injury troubles of last season...Hargo will miss out for sure imo, Ando is the only other one in danger!

I think Ando will be in now. Reports this morning say we aren't in the running anymore anyway.

According to Daniel Taylor, Liverpool have signed Raul Meireles for £10.7m

Very much gutted about this.

Liverpool have officially signed Meireles for £11.5m.

I feel sick, one of my favourite non-united players has signed for the bin dippers. Ah well at least Dzeko didn't sign for the bitters.

Meireles to Chelsea the most daft sale by any club this summer!! Cannot believe the Scousers let one of their best midfielders just leave to Chelsea for only 12 million!! Excellent addition to the Chelsea midfield, i can see fat Frank slowly getting phased out of the team soon, but for now i think Meireles will play instead of Mikel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back