Raul Jimenez

jsp

He’s a quality centre forward but this one doesn’t seem to fit with anything the club are currently doing.

They signed him for 32m so it’ll cost a decent chunk to get him.

Cosmic Slop

Read we're interested in him and Ruben Neves at the same time. I know it is silly season and the transfer window is designed to break hearts and boggle minds, but these two transfers are ridiculous even in that context.

Imma go out on a limb here and say Wolves are not selling any of their players to the side that is literally their direct competition for a Champions League spot.

And in the same papers they are now saying we are going back for Fernandes, but since we didn't get him last summer his release clause has now gone up to £85million. Hilarious if true. Makes the dawdling on Fellaini look like a Kasparov master class in strategy.

That article mentions that United are "planning a massive scouting trip to Portugal". You'd think/hope/pray that as the window is already open they would be just about done with the scouting at this point!

jsp

i wouldn’t lose much sleep on it we will be linked to 100 players over the next month and 95 of them will probably be just for clicks and have no substance to them at all.

I think there was genuine interest in Haaland but we missed out on him, Maddison sounds like we want him but you won’t get him mid season and will struggle to get him in the summer.

Jiménez and Neves is a bit out of the blue but both improve our squad I really like Neves but they’d want 100m for him and they aren’t selling mid season.

Going to be a long and I worry a not very fruitful January and in February we will likely hear all the usual excuses.

RichH2016

Now this would be a quality signing. And something I'd consider a typical United signing. Sign a player who's proven in this league.

jsp

Now this would be a quality signing. And something I'd consider a typical United signing. Sign a player who's proven in this league.
Yeah but considering all of the circumstances are we really going to spend £50m on a guy in his late 20's to be the backup to Martial, he'd also be cup tied in Europa as he's played for Wolves, he's cup tied in the FA Cup as well if we were to progress.

I really like Jimenez he's certainly the style of striker I think we need I just think we've missed the boat on him the time to jump in on him was before he made the move to Wolves permanent now he's there you're paying a huge premium. I also doubt he'd be that interested in coming as I don't think Utd would be offering him much more than he's on at Wolves.

I think if Utd go for another striker they need to buy a ready made top class striker to go ahead of Martial or a young striker who they think is going to reach the top level like Haaland or a senior striker who's happy to come in and play a squad role.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now