Rate the last film you watched

Men in Black 3 - 8.5/10

Will Smith is in his vintage form, Tommy Lee Jones' steel persona never fails and Josh Brolin nailed the young K role very well.

I watched Drive because of reviews on here. I really enjoyed it and the soundtrack is excellent. 9/10.

I was disappointed with the Dictator. I don't if it was because we didn't know the character or the jokes were scripted and they felt unnatural.

I had really high expectations. If he had stuck to the tried and tested Borat and Bruno formula of putting ignorant people in socially awkward situations it could have worked. I don't think SBC's humour works all that well scripted, I'm not a big fan of Ali G either. It still had some really funny moments (helicopter ride, his speech about the pro's of democracy... sorry dictatorships) but most of it was just dull.

I had really high expectations. If he had stuck to the tried and tested Borat and Bruno formula of putting ignorant people in socially awkward situations it could have worked. I don't think SBC's humour works all that well scripted, I'm not a big fan of Ali G either. It still had some really funny moments (helicopter ride, his speech about the pro's of democracy... sorry dictatorships) but most of it was just dull.

My exact thoughts.

I've always thought films that provide awkward social moments or cringeworthy jokes have a limited shelf life and comedic value. Nothing, in terms of comedy, stands up to films such as Airplane or Blazing Saddles

Grown ups - 7.5/10 Silly, Stupid, Sandler and Rock are annoying, but it's a cool film with a few comical sequences.

Snow White and the Huntsman - 6.5/10

All-star cast, but not-so-stellar plot. It was a bit dragging in the middle. The writer tried to make it darker, which succeeded, but that made me break my suspension of disbelief in a number of scenes. Too much happening in the middle of the film, too. It was as if they were fillers that didn't have any major implication in the running of the story. The beginning and the end were cool, though, but not exactly enough to compensate the boring middle part.

Gladiator - 10/10

Watched this on HBO a couple of nights ago. Simply brilliant performance, this movie was executed to perfection.

can't really remember the EXACT movie I just watched, but a few of the ones I watched within the past few weeks include the hunger games, the silencer and best of all, THREE IDIOTS. The three idiots is perfect, literally, 10/10, it's funny, humorous and all that but it also has a very important meaning behind it. I'll tell you another time, it's just simply an awesome movie.

Prometheus - 6.5/10

The concept was there, but Ridley Scott had too much going on. It felt as if he tired to fuse two stories into one, which isn't good if you don't know what you're doing (e.g. Ghost Rider 2, Cabin in the Woods). Graphics were spot-on, character build-up was fine, but it all gone haywire in the end. Once the credits came out, I was like, "So... what exactly happened?"

Haywire - 7/10

Not sure what this movie was trying to be, but it had some rather brutal fight sequences.... the Carano/Fassbender one was f**king insane.....

The Amazing Spider-Man - 9/10

This reboot pulls off what it needed to do: correct the mistakes. Marc Webb pulled it very well, IMHO. The actors did great, the plot was more engaging and the details were much more accurate. No webs attaching themselves in the air, no (okay, less) corny filler lines, and a plot that absorbs the audience into a smorgasbord of emotions that leave them more than impressed and satisfied.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back