Rashford contract chat

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He would get chewed up and spat out at there, he’s not good enough right now to even think of Barca. He may think he’s good enough but he has a long way to go in so many facets of his game.

Who is this random anyway on Twitter? Anyone can make up a rumour to get some hits.

Andy Mitten who writes for ESPN and edits the United fanzine United We Stand is a journalist based in Barca and is genuinely considered to be quite a reliable source has said Barca really like him but they aren't convinced about paying the sort of money it would take to do it. They see him as a potential replacement for Suarez who they feel only has one or two seasons left at the top level. They want to get that replacement in now so they can rotate the strikers more.

Rashford is doing great things for a kid his age yes Mbappe is doing even greater things but that lad is a freak of nature a once in a lifetime talent very few players come straight into football as world class like he has done.

I think Rashford is a player who's on their radar but not for right now but Rashford's agent will be using that interest to get him the best deal he can out of the club. When you are keeping players earning in excess of £200k a week out of the team like Martial, Sanchez & Lukaku you have a pretty strong negotiating hand especially when you know the club are desperate to keep you.

If its true Rashford is gettng a bit big for his boots, I'd be very disappointed. He has done very little to deserve the kind of wage he is demanding* and he is nowhere near good enough to lead the line for Barca, he is not clinical enough. He should just knuckle down for 4 more years, try and improve and then he'd be in the position to hold the club to ransom. I thougth he was a Man Utd fan though, doesn't seem to displaying that very much, if the rumours are true.

* Woodward - Martial :eek: this hasn't helped.

He wouldn't be going to Barca as the first choice though he'd be going as second choice to Suarez and being an off the bench player that they'd hope to develop into being good enough to replace Suarez in one or two years.

As for getting to big for his boots if you're the Man Utd number 9 you probably expect Man Utd number 9 wages.

The culture at Man Utd seems to be pretty toxic a few good games and everyone wants a pay rise and the younger players know the club is terrified of losing them.

Rumours are in the last 12 months both Shaw and Martial signed new long term deals taking them from £100k a week to around £150k a week in terms of salary Rashford should be getting offered a similar deal. The issue from the club side is both Shaw and Martial are horribly over paid considering the neither have achieved consistently high levels of performance both got that money because they ran contacts down and Utd didn't want to lose their transfer value.

All these rumours about his attitude do my head in as on the pitch his attitude is spot on he runs his nuts off, tries his best, takes responsibility, plays through injury and off the pitch you never hear a word about him. Yeah he's probably driving a hard bargain over a new deal but he's seen people take the piss and get away with it so why shouldn't he do the same?

Not Utd could stand firm and say enough is enough and sell him to Barca but they are potentially giving away a top class striker the issue I see with Rashford is he shouldn't be the starting number 9 because if we'd bought better there would be a world class striker keeping him out of the starting XI.

the rumours came from inside the dressing room didn't they? I think the Spanish contingent weren't happy with the deals being offered around compared to theirs either.

Tbf to Rashford once Martial and Shaw got their deals what he could demand went up. I mean if I was Rashford I’d want more than Martial is I’m keeping him out of the side.

the rumours came from inside the dressing room didn't they? I think the Spanish contingent weren't happy with the deals being offered around compared to theirs either.

The rumours were the Spanish lads weren't happy that English players got sorted out first Smalling, Jones & Young.

Herrera apparently was initially offered a deal for less money than the one he was already on according to some reports, De Gea basically asked for talks over a new deal and was told he had to wait & Mata talks didn't happen until late in the season.

It may be that the English guys were happy to do deals quickly on similar money to the current deals whereas the Spanish guys were all looking for improved deals.

The lack of progress on the appointment of a technical director plus the change in management probably hasn't helped things either because their wasn't clear direction until ole was appointed full time.

Rashford would be a better player at a top club surrounded with better players. If Barca are interested then he should be advised to angle for it.

Makes sense to trigger the one year extension then tell him go and prove what you are worth on the pitch next season if he wants to be put on superstar wages go and deliver superstar performances on the pitch every week and that means bagging 30+ goals in all comps next season because that is what superstars do.

£350k a week? :rolleyes:

What does he think he’s done to warrant that side of money? Ideas above his station me thinks! Yes the Sanchez deal has other players thinking oh I should be on that but he’s really got to prove he can be consistent all season and be consistent in front of goal. To warrant those wages you need to be the creme de la creme of strikers.

£350k a week? :rolleyes:

What does he think he’s done to warrant that side of money? Ideas above his station me thinks! Yes the Sanchez deal has other players thinking oh I should be on that but he’s really got to prove he can be consistent all season and be consistent in front of goal. To warrant those wages you need to be the creme de la creme of strikers.

Sanchez £350k plus bonuses.
Lukaku £250k
Martial £200k

If you believe the above figures are correct then you can see why he feels he can ask for it when he's keeping all 3 of them out of the team.

At Utd you don't actually need to perform for the club to get the money it's all gone backwards at Utd with big money being given to new signings this ultimately unsettles the existing players.

I doubt the £350k figure is true my guess is he wants something around the Lukaku/Martial level of salary not Sanchez levels.

yeah, I imagine he wants the 200, and he should get it, he is the poster boy for the club in waiting. If we let Rashford go there will be uproar from the fan base. Like Gerrard leaving Liverpool.

According to most reports though those guys will not be on that money next season.

According to most reports though those guys will not be on that money next season.

True and I imagine Rashford will be facing that same clause assuming it’s true, the way they all chucked it in at the end of last season made me think it was nonsense. They probably lost out on bonuses but if you were facing a 25% pay cut next season you’d at least try and break a sweat ha.

signed up, great news, varying wages from 200 - 300 a week. Doesn't really matter, great to tie him down.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back