Ramsey signs Juventus deal for ..... £400k a week!

SuperRash

It’s not a typo, £400k a week.

It’s madness, good player but sheesh. Ramsey has hit the jackpot!

jsp

Another journalist has questioned the figures as they may have added the tax twice to the figure quoted in the English media as Juventus have said it's 7m euro a year after tax which would be around £250k a week.

There will be a big signing bonus and agent fee involved because it's a bosman deal.

Ben Townsend

This shows the madness in world football, Ramsey is a good player im not denying that fact, but come on ? is he worth £400k a week or even £250k a week ?!

If i was an Arsenal fan i would be scratching my head thinking where is the logic in this whole fiasco, especially when you have Ozil sat on the bench on god knows how much money.

Mr C

I rate Ramsey, on a free the wages will be higher, put it this way, I'd rather him than Sanchez.

jsp

This shows the madness in world football, Ramsey is a good player im not denying that fact, but come on ? is he worth £400k a week or even £250k a week ?!

If i was an Arsenal fan i would be scratching my head thinking where is the logic in this whole fiasco, especially when you have Ozil sat on the bench on god knows how much money.
I think this is the result of a lack of leadership in the final year of Wenger's reign.

By giving Ozil the deal they did out of fear of him leaving for nothing they set the bar for wages and a player like Ramsey see's Ozil on £350k and says I'm worth at least £250k. It would have gone down like a lead balloon with the fans but the brave decision was let Ozil walk away as Utd are having similar problems with Sanchez being on £350k a week it's clearly made negotiations with De Gea & Martial harder as it's hard to tell them to take less when they've done a lot more for the club to earn that wage.

Mkhitaryan & Aubameyang are reported to be on £250k a week as well and Arsenal can't carry another big earner so Ramsey is the one who misses out.

I like Ramsey but I think the peak years are behind him and his injury record mean Arsenal can't make him that sort of offer as they know none of the other top earners are going anywhere. Juventus obviously can make the numbers work and they're probably gambling that 2 years into that deal they'll sell him back to a PL club for £30m and get the money back. I think in the current market you can justify his salary Ronaldo apparently earns £30m a season at Juventus after tax the reports are Ramsey will make £7.5m after tax.

You could argue that where Arsenal really messed up was not tying Ramsey down before Ozil/Sanchez but equally I think a lot of Arsenal players put off signing new deals until they saw what happened with them two.