Rakitic

jsp

Utd being linked with the Barca star who has just turned 30 and still has 2 years on his Barca deal.

Rumours are Barca are prepared to cash in on him rather than offer him a new deal to tie him down long term and the fee could be around €40m

Now on paper yes, yes 100% yes is he good enough for Utd and he’d slot straight into the right of our midfield 3 but do we need him and do we need to take the gamble as with wages the deal becomes very expensive for a player who may have already peaked.

I think I’d rather Utd focus on signing players who are 24-25 and ready to give their peak years to Utd to help put us back on top I think in Pogba and Matic we have enough experience in the midfield

I think if Ole gets the job we'll focus on younger players

I hope we go for Sancho, Wan Bissaka and a CM, Kante if we could. I have to say, our CB's seem to be looking ok under Ole.

Whatever happens, I hope we don't go for Bale!

I don't think the management appointment should dictate transfer policy the club needs to sign the right players regardless of who the manager is.

On a player like Rakitic it depends on his motivation for coming is he coming for a pay day or does he want to come to prove Barca wrong.

I like the idea of signing young players but I don't want us signing kids who will take 2 or 3 years to come good we need some ready made guys.

Would take Rakitic in a heartbeat. Sure he’s now 30 but it wouldn’t be like Schweinsteiger coming over with a history of injury problems. Rakitic is still as fit as a fiddle but can see why Barca could look to cash in because they do have De Jong coming in now and also the brilliant young player Arthur.

If we can get him for €40m then we should be snapping their hand off to get him. Obviously jsp has mentioned motivation but I think he would be still highly motivated and like a fine wine I think he will age well and not fall off a cliff like some guys.

I would rather target players a bit younger and build a team, by the time we would be ready to compete for the top prizes we'd be looking to replace him.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back