Raheem Sterling suffers racist abuse

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Don’t know if you’ve seen his twitter post but he pointed out the way the media have highlighted the difference in 2 city youngsters spending £2m on a house. One white and one black.

I don’t know how you do those screen grabs to show them.

Dt_JXH1XcAET-P3.jpg

Fair play to him for speaking out the treatment of him has been shocking.

Some of it fuelled by the way he left Liverpool where he was painted as a money grabbing brat by certain parts of the media as him and his agent didn’t handle it well rather than a kid who just wanted to play for a better side and the other nastier element of modern media.

The daily mail celeb pages are fuelled by clicks and sadly their audience responds to let’s just say headlines of a certain tone and Sterling is right to point out the hypocrisy of the way 2 similar stories are headlined.

There were some rumours in his early years probably started by Utd fans about him having 3 kids with 3 different women by the time he was 18 but they were nonsense. By all accounts he seems like a decent kid settled down with a young family looks after his mum who raisaed him on her on his own after his dad was murdered in Jamaica before they moved to the UK.

There’s definitely something nasty that the media narrative have built up about him like he’s some sort of bling bling gangster when the reality is despite coming from the areas where these temptations are rife he’s a pretty good kid.

Why didn't the people stood round the guy hurling the abuse clobber him?

Hope he gets his face and name all over the papers.

There’s people suggesting he may have said manc rather than black but the fact Sterling reacted at the time and after pretty much gives away what he heard.

The police are already involved which might be why the video has disappeared unless people come forward he’ll probably get away with it because one mans word against another isn’t enough to get a conviction.

Chelsea need to accept they’ve got a problem with this as this is far from the 1st time incidents like this have come from that club.

Terry
Evra
Welbeck
Fans on the train in Paris

There’s always been a far right element of most fan bases but the Chelsea one has been very front and centre for a long time and it’s never really gone away.

There’s definitely something nasty that the media narrative have built up about him like he’s some sort of bling bling gangster when the reality is despite coming from the areas where these temptations are rife he’s a pretty good kid.

I’m good friends (we lived together during our years at Uni) with his accountant whilst he’s right in this situation. He’s far from a good kid.

I've been watching 'Out Of Their Skins' on ITV 4. Really good watch and it shocked me the treatment black players got back in the 80's. I never realised it was so bad.

Players generally get a lot of abuse from opposition fans when taking corners down the wrong end or throw ins etc, its appalling to see it on the tv.

Nobody should have to put up with that doing the job they love. Clubs should be a lot more in tune with this abuse, offenders need to be named, shamed and banned.

Raheem Sterling: Tyrone Mings pulls out of Talksport appearance over coverage

I think we might start to see something similar to the NFL stuff emerge over the next few weeks not suggesting players will start taking a knee during the line ups before games but I wouldn't totally rule it out.

The stuff by Dave Kitson or as he's more commonly known The Secret Footballer was pretty poor stuff suggesting Strerling has bought the negative attention on himself by posting pictures of cars and jewellery on his social media is ridiculous.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back