Rafael still haunted by Red Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSNFRMN

Reds defender Rafael is still haunted by last season’s Champions League exit.

Sent off against Bayern Munich with 40 minutes still to play, the young Brazilian could only watch as Arjen Robben eventually volleyed the Germans into the semi-finals.

He still blames himself for the setback, but insists he’s learnt from the experience and hopes to help the Reds to victory tonight against Bursaspor.

“It was the worst experience I’ve had in all my life,” he told United Review. “That evening I learned that in football you can go from heaven to hell in a matter of minutes.

“If I hadn’t have been sent off we almost certainly would have won the match and my life would be much easier now. It would have taken a lot of weight off my shoulders.

“Now I feel like I have to prove myself all over again, and show everybody I’m capable of being a United player.”

If selected this evening, the 20-year-old will make his 50th United appearance. It’s a milestone Rafael’s proud of, but he doesn’t want the dream to end yet.

“I’d like to think I could represent Manchester United 500 times. I came to England to work hard and play football, and I want to do that for as long as possible. Every match I play is a dream I fulfil in life.”

http://bit.ly/dtbMRR

Also nice to see him saying he wants to play 500 games for the club, could play more, still only 20, got 10-15 years left at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back