Rafael called up by Brazil for first time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorgefoo

The new Brazil manager (Mano Menezes) made his first call up. Brazil Will face USA at August 10th if I'm not mistaken. Among many surprises, Rafael is on the List. Well done, Rafa!

I was just wondering is it definitely our Rafael and not Rafael who plays for Corinthians...

Fergie won't be best pleased by this if it is our Rafa.

So France and Brazil both gone down the youth route for this international break now, will England follow...

If you are interested there's the full list:

Goalkeepers: Jefferson (Botafogo); Renan (Avaí); Victor (Grêmio)

Defenders: Daniel Alves (Barcelona) Rafael (Manchester United), David Luiz (Benfica) Henrique (Racing Santander) Réver (Grêmio) Thiago Silva (Milan), Marcelo (Real Madrid); André Santos (Fenerbahce)

Midfielders:Jucilei (Corinthians); Lucas (Liverpool); Ramires (Benfica); Sandro (Internacional), Paulo Henrique Ganso (Santos); Ederson (Lyon); Hernanes (São Paulo)

Strikers: Neymar (Santos); Diego Tardelli (Atlético-MG); Pato (Milan); Carlos Eduardo (Hoffenheim); André (Santos) Robinho (Santos)

I think its great he has been recognised. International exposure will help him mature as a player, as he is still very green in a lot of respects. Brazils fairly solid defence probably need a bit of attacking flair, which he has in bundles.

I think Rafa has got the ability to be one of the best full backs in the world one day, just needs to work a bit on the mental side of the game, makes a lot of stupid decisions sometimes when he's having a really good game, just pure moments of madness and people forget about the good side to his game then.

Still remember his amazing celebration from the bench when Nani scored against Spurs. For that I will always like him, no matter what mistakes he makes.

[youtube:fmvyti5p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7wQLQDMTyo[/youtube:fmvyti5p]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back