Racism in Today's Multi Cultural Society

As you say some manage to stay on the straight and narrow and make their way out, some end up surviving in those conditions others get caught up in the dark side of living in those conditions.
Living in those conditions? This isn't the 60s-70s you know.
We are talking about folk who live in perfectly reasonable accomodation, with electricity, gas, hot running water and for the poorer folk furnished with cookers, white goods and furniture from social security grants. We are not talking great hardship of any kind here.
If we are talking about areas with a high black population, Brixton and especially Peckham have been totally regenerated with much demolition and brand new houses built.
In this day and age it is a myth that any race group are forced into ghetto's. Race's choose to gather in this way. Nobody forced all the Jew's to live in Golder's Green, they choose to. Nobody forced the Chinese into Chinatown, they chose to. No one forces black folk to stay in Peckham/New Cross, they choose to stay there. And strangely enough, as their presence becomes more dense in such area's white Londoner's choose to move out to places like Essex and Kent.
Race's are like that, they like to be together, amongst their own. Once they choose their community it is up to them to build there community. In this day and age If they live in a shitehole it is largely of their own making.
When we had the invasion of the Eastern Europeans in the 80s and 90s, these people arrived and stepped straight into council accommodation and were given grants to then furnish it, they then bred like rabbits to ensure they would always be able to stay in this country, whilst British folk remained on long counsel waiting lists with little hope.
So living conditions is not an issue in my opinion.

I'm not even sure there was a strong outpouring here against Cummings. But that's ok, he's a white public schoolboy. He can go and do what he wants.

You take to the streets to protest about racism though, that's out of order.

I didn't try and justify it.

But what you're saying is, a load of white people are on the beach eating ice cream and that's ok. Black people take to the streets to protest and it's not. I don't remember you posting anti beach visits, maybe I missed that.
Large gatherings are banned! It doesn't matter where it is, I wasn't on those beaches and wouldn't be. It was being reported and condemned as well as dealt with. The closed Ruislip Lido due to it.
During those protest's no one was talking about the Covid risk being caused by them.

We are talking about folk who live in perfectly reasonable accomodation, with electricity, gas, hot running water and for the poorer folk furnished with cookers, white goods and furniture from social security grants. We are not talking great hardship of any kind here.
If we are talking about areas with a high black population, Brixton and especially Peckham have been totally regenerated with much demolition and brand new houses built.
In this day and age it is a myth that any race group are forced into ghetto's. Race's choose to gather in this way. Nobody forced all the Jew's to live in Golder's Green, they choose to. Nobody forced the Chinese into Chinatown, they chose to. No one forces black folk to stay in Peckham/New Cross, they choose to stay there. And strangely enough, as their presence becomes more dense in such area's white Londoner's choose to move out to places like Essex and Kent.
Race's are like that, they like to be together, amongst their own. Once they choose their community it is up to them to build there community. In this day and age If they live in a shitehole it is largely of their own making.
When we had the invasion of the Eastern Europeans in the 80s and 90s, these people arrived and stepped straight into council accommodation and were given grants to then furnish it, they then bred like rabbits to ensure they would always be able to stay in this country, whilst British folk remained on long counsel waiting lists with little hope.

I'm sorry, but that is naive. People dont live in poverty out of choice. Poor people are all lumped into the same area's, and many do what they can to get money because they don't get the education or the opportunites as the richer people.

Where do you suppose these people go to? just go go and get a house in Holland Park?

The housing market in the UK is another problem.

Large gatherings are banned! It doesn't matter where it is, I wasn't on those beaches and wouldn't be. It was being reported and condemned as well as dealt with. The closed Ruislip Lido due to it.
During those protest's no one was talking about the Covid risk being caused by them.

I'm not saying it wasn't reported, I'm saying you didn't say anything about it, but you chose to when it's anti racism protests.

I'm not even sure there was a strong outpouring here against Cummings. But that's ok, he's a white public schoolboy. He can go and do what he wants.

You take to the streets to protest about racism though, that's out of order.
That's some comparison to make. You are just talking shite now.

I'm not saying it wasn't reported, I'm saying you didn't say anything about it, but you chose to when it's anti racism protests.
I didn't need to, it was being reported nationally. This matter should not be crossing the Atlantic at this time, what do you not understand about that.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Watch it. This is about nothing other than being morons.

it's pointless for me now.

We think differently, and nothing will change our minds.

You're only listening to half of my agument. I never once said the violence was ok, far from it. I do however support the point of the march.

You seem to think the cause can be ignored because a few are creating violence. Shoot has a got a problem with the social distancing, which I get. However, the goverments actions have kind of blown the whole social distancing out the water. My only point to shoot was, he never mentioned it on bank holiday, but chose to on the marches.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The gangs of youths intimidating police and hitting them. And the police unable to respond And arrest them through fear of being labelled a racist is a dangerous culture to advocate and a horrible culture to live in.

I don’t think the cause should be ignored At all. I think police brutality should be highlighted full on and removed from the American society. All 5,500 cases of deaths by police should anger people. The point of the protest is to highlight police brutality? Highlight it all. Do it properly and do it without violence.

it's pointless for me now.

We think differently, and nothing will change our minds.

You're only listening to half of my agument. I never once said the violence was ok, far from it. I do however support the point of the march.

You seem to think the cause can be ignored because a few are creating violence. Shoot has a got a problem with the social distancing, which I get. However, the goverments actions have kind of blown the whole social distancing out the water. My only point to shoot was, he never mentioned it on bank holiday, but chose to on the marches.
If you look hard enough you will find I was against the country having any lockdown easment at all as early as we did.

The gangs of youths intimidating police and hitting them. And the police unable to respond And arrest them through fear of being labelled a racist is a dangerous culture to advocate and a horrible culture to live in.

I don’t think the cause should be ignored At all. I think police brutality should be highlighted full on and removed from the American society. All 5,500 cases of deaths by police should anger people. The point of the protest is to highlight police brutality? Highlight it all. Do it properly and do it without violence.
They cannot. Because many of them are racist themselves and it is revenge they seek. And so the vicious circle goes on.
For many of these people they saw a rabble rousing opportunity and took it regardless of what else has been going on in the country. As said before, this issue should not be crossing the Atlantic at this time.

are you saying all the people causing the voilence on the marches are black now?

again, the voilence has nothing to do with the actual protest, it's a minority. But we can keep mentioning the violence and then not discuss the real issues.

to IDFD post "And the police unable to respond And arrest them through fear of being labelled a racist is a dangerous culture to advocate and a horrible culture to live in "

BLM have always been a violent movement. I struggle to get what part of that people don’t understand. Violence is in their core beliefs. I even posted you an article from a previous civil rights activist explaining that it’s because of this she has to distance herself from them.

I didn’t say all protesters were black at all. Did you not watch the video I posted? Can you not see those police officers are obviously in fear? What good does it do attacking our officers? You can keep making excuses for them but it’s indefensible behaviour that’s always comes with BLM protest.

also to IDF point above, I imagine being stopped by the police because of the colour of your skin is a horrible culture to live in. Unless you think that doesn't happen, then we might as well just stop now.

I didn’t say all protesters were black at all. Did you not watch the video I posted? Can you not see those police officers are obviously in fear? What good does it do attacking our officers? You can keep making excuses for them but it’s indefensible behaviour that’s always comes with BLM protest.

you said the police couldn't make arrests through fear of being labelled rascist. Which implies all the the violence was by black people.

I'd guess the management of any protest, is to avoid arrests and confrontation at all costs. Whether those people are white or black.

I'm pretty sure BLM have never said people should use violence. People will use violence in the name of any cause though, white or black. Some people just like violence.

I for one, hope change will come from all of this. People should not be judged on their race, sex, gender anything. Everyone should be judged just on who they are and we somehow need to give hope to all the young people who live in the poor suburbs or it will never change. The government needs to invest in these area's.

I'm sorry, but that is naive. People dont live in poverty out of choice. Poor people are all lumped into the same area's, and many do what they can to get money because they don't get the education or the opportunites as the richer people.

Where do you suppose these people go to? just go go and get a house in Holland Park?

The housing market in the UK is another problem.
It's called social housing, areas of social housing do not need to be shit holes and in case you are not aware these are allocated to white folk as well.
What else do you do, give them nice 4 bed bungalows in the suburbs?

It's called social housing, areas of social housing do not need to be shit holes and in case you are not aware these are allocated to white folk as well.
What else do you do, give them nice 4 bed bungalows in the suburbs?

of course not, you said "No one forces black folk to stay in Peckham/New Cross, they choose to stay there" I'm saying they don't choose to stay. They don't get the opportunites to to leave. And they become shit holes because no-one has any money and there is no investment.

I note you mention "black nice folk" in your first comment, as if only black people live there, then when I reply you mention "white folk" as if I didn't know there are poor white people too. BUT I didn't mention colour at al in my post you quoted, you did.

you said the police couldn't make arrests through fear of being labelled rascist. Which implies all the the violence was by black people.

I'd guess the management of any protest, is to avoid arrests and confrontation at all costs. Whether those people are white or black.

I'm pretty sure BLM have never said people should use violence. People will use violence in the name of any cause though, white or black. Some people just like violence.

I for one, hope change will come from all of this. People should not be judged on their race, sex, gender anything. Everyone should be judged just on who they are and we somehow need to give hope to all the young people who live in the poor suburbs or it will never change. The government needs to invest in these area's.

In fairness, the evidence presented would certainly suggest they were black? Can you post some to convince otherwise?
Everyone should be judged just on who they are and we somehow need to give hope to all the young people who live in the poor suburbs or it will never change. The government needs to invest in these area's.
So you believe the issue lies in the suburbs? Here was me thinking it was more inner city.

it doesn't matter where it is geographically. The problem needs adressing wherever you like to call the location, suberbs/inner city whatever.

I shouldn't have to sift through loads of media. Someone implied that all the violence was by blacks. Shouldn't they prove it?

In this link there are the two lads who are all over the press, in the red top, there is also a white girl being led away in hadcuffs I assume not for just looking good, but most of the photo's with thousands of people, are showing a peacful protest, lets not forget that and concentrate on the few in my view.

George Floyd death: Thousands protest in London in solidarity with Black Lives Matter

I feel a bit uncomfortable on this forum now. I think this has got a bit too political.

Please can one of the mods delete my profile.

In America it is riot shields, guns and tear gas. What is it in Britian? In that video posted there are 2 officers with nothing more than radio's in their hands, a police force trying to allow peaceful protest. And what happens, a cowardly cnut takes a cheap shot at one of them. I wonder if he went home and took his daughter for a walk afterwards.
Will this guy be identified and sacked by his employer for his conduct? It is fuckwits like that that allows your trumps of this world to justify their ways.

also to IDF point above, I imagine being stopped by the police because of the colour of your skin is a horrible culture to live in. Unless you think that doesn't happen, then we might as well just stop now.

Firstly I do believe Black people get stopped and searched more. However I was telling a story to my partner last night which highlights the dangers of situations like these.

I was in a pub and this girl wouldn’t leave me alone. Asked her to a few time’s and she slapped me twice. Bar staff called the police and before I know it I’m slammed against the floor handcuffed and put in the back of the police car. Having done absolutely nothing and not retaliated against the girl. Now this didn’t happen because I was white or because the police were racist. It happened because we were in a poor area of London and the police were c***s. But if I was telling you this as a black man it wouldn’t be because the same two officers are c***s it would be that they’re both racist.

My point is that when it comes to the police I don’t believe all of these incidents are about race many of them may be. But I do believe they’re all because the police officers are cnuts and all their indiscretions should be highlighted and called out on. Treating me like a piece of shit shouldn’t be acceptable because I’m white.

I’ve been arrested 12 times. Once I’d done something wrong. (Possession of a bladed weapon. My darts) Not because I’m white but because I grew up on an estate that made you a target for police. I’d much rather be a victim of a stop and search than another mugging. Black people are going to get stopped and searched more because the statistics say they commit more muggings. Are the police ageist too? Because an 18-30 yr old is a lot more likely to be stopped than a 70 yr old. No it’s because a policeman’s job is to assess danger and unfortunately the crime stats say a black teen is more likely to mug you with a knife than a white one

it doesn't matter where it is geographically. The problem needs adressing wherever you like to call the location, suberbs/inner city whatever.

I shouldn't have to sift through loads of media. Someone implied that all the violence was by blacks. Shouldn't they prove it?

In this link there are the two lads who are all over the press, in the red top, there is also a white girl being led away in hadcuffs I assume not for just looking good, but most of the photo's with thousands of people, are showing a peacful protest, lets not forget that and concentrate on the few in my view.

George Floyd death: Thousands protest in London in solidarity with Black Lives Matter

I feel a bit uncomfortable on this forum now. I think this has got a bit too political.

Please can one of the mods delete my profile.
Truly ridiculous you want to take your ball home just because some don't agree with you

At the end of the day we all want the same things. Which is a peaceful and equal life for everyone.

We just have different views on how we can get to that point. I thinkI obviously have very differing views as I’ve been at the extremely poor part of the class system, seen how poor whites get treated and lived homeless as a teen and because of my past experiences think it’s about class and wealth not colour.

Firstly I do believe Black people get stopped and searched more. However I was telling a story to my partner last night which highlights the dangers of situations like these.

I was in a pub and this girl wouldn’t leave me alone. Asked her to a few time’s and she slapped me twice. Bar staff called the police and before I know it I’m slammed against the floor handcuffed and put in the back of the police car. Having done absolutely nothing and not retaliated against the girl. Now this didn’t happen because I was white or because the police were racist. It happened because we were in a poor area of London and the police were c***s. But if I was telling you this as a black man it wouldn’t be because the same two officers are c***s it would be that they’re both racist.

My point is that when it comes to the police I don’t believe all of these incidents are about race many of them may be. But I do believe they’re all because the police officers are cnuts and all their indiscretions should be highlighted and called out on. Treating me like a piece of shit shouldn’t be acceptable because I’m white.

I’ve been arrested 12 times. Once I’d done something wrong. (Possession of a bladed weapon. My darts) Not because I’m white but because I grew up on an estate that made you a target for police. I’d much rather be a victim of a stop and search than another mugging. Black people are going to get stopped and searched more because the statistics say they commit more muggings. Are the police ageist too? Because an 18-30 yr old is a lot more likely to be stopped than a 70 yr old. No it’s because a policeman’s job is to assess danger and unfortunately the crime stats say a black teen is more likely to mug you with a knife than a white one
Never a truer word said. Growing up in Glasgow I had the shit kicked out of me more than once by the police. Just because they were cnuts who thought I was a cnut.
I was 15 the first time and had never been in trouble with the law.

Now is obviously not the time to be having a mass demonstration from a health point of view, social distancing isn't happening and it massively risks un-doing months of hard work to suppress the virus BUT when is the right time to protest?

The death of George Floyd has been a trigger to spark the frustration of the black community all over the world into action as he isn't the first person this has happened to and black people do feel consistently like they are victimised by the police and treated unfairly. Could the government took a stronger stance against the issue to try and stop people gathering on the streets? Criticising America isn't likely to happen from any UK government any time soon thanks to our extra special relationship.

We all know it isn't just racist policing that's an issue, black people are frustrated over years and years of various issues relating to equal opportunities in western countries and they still feel that they aren't treated as equals.

It's also wrapped into many other things like the ever growing wealth gap in most countries the gap between the rich and the poor has been increasing rapidly over the last 20 years the number of people who "make it out" of these working class areas has reduced massively. Given the majority of BAME people fall into low income groups this obviously effects them a lot but there's plenty of white people struggling to make it work as well.

In terms of the reaction to police it's just exposing the fact that in the UK and in America there are a lot of people both young and old, white and black who are just p*ssed off at the way things are.

unbelievable, you asked me post a link proving that white people were involved in unlawful stuff at the potests, I did and then you bring up something unrelated re: US police hardware.

It's got nothing to do with me taking my ball, judging by your post a few days ago, this thread is your ball, that I have hijacked.

It just so happens I don't feel I can contribute on here any more, many would say I never did :) and I am within my right to close my account.

IDFD, i am not from a privelidged background. My school was in the largest council estate in Europe, my parents grew up in Battersea when it was very poor. I re educated myself after school because learning at my school meant you were a poof and you got a beating.

I don't feel like this is like I like Lindelof and you don't. This has gone beyond that and I think posters will just think of my political beliefs rather than just the football stuff this forum should be about.

Opportunity is the real problem, not slum housing conditions as some are suggesting. But this country has made great strides towards equal opportunity and race relations, we should not be letting America take us backwards.
Too many of the folk on these protests are looking for excuse and will be only too happy if it escalates to full scale rioting.

unbelievable, you asked me post a link proving that white people were involved in unlawful stuff at the potests, I did and then you bring up something unrelated re: US police hardware.

It's got nothing to do with me taking my ball, judging by your post a few days ago, this thread is your ball, that I have hijacked.

It just so happens I don't feel I can contribute on here any more, many would say I never did :) and I am within my right to close my account.

IDFD, i am not from a privelidged background. My school was in the largest council estate in Europe, my parents grew up in Battersea when it was very poor. I re educated myself after school because learning at my school meant you were a poof and you got a beating.

I don't feel like this is like I like Lindelof and you don't. This has gone beyond that and I think posters will just think of my political beliefs rather than just the football stuff this forum should be about.
I watched the video in your link. It was unconvincing and inconclusive. Next think you will be telling me they only arrested a white girl to redress a balance.

The forum is about football. We could probably all do with a premier league game going ahead to give us a break! Tensions are obviously high with this event, Covid and everyone being stuck in doors.

Of course you are within your rights to delete your account but I doubt anyone is judging your political beliefs (Except if you vote conservative at the next elections ;) ) . Give it a day or so and everyone relax a bit. We’ve been discussing football together for about 15 years! Have a breather and if you still want to delete your account then do so.

White people are no different when we all bugger off to parts of Spain for holiday or retirement we tend to congregate in areas we know are brit friendly it's a natural thing to want to be around your own people and we probably the worst nation in history for enforcing our culture on an indigenous population.

My point wasn't specifically about living conditions like you say most living conditions in the UK are far superior to those in other countries but that's only part of it you become part of a system but there has to be hope that if you play by the rules and do the right things then you can progress in life. Like you say maybe work hard get a promotion earn enough to move to a better place etc people need to believe they have opportunity.

Schooling is such an obvious area for me private schools shouldn't exist everyone should have the same opportunity in life and the schools that are struggling should be getting more money to bring them up to standard reality is the opposite sort of happens. Good teachers will avoid bad schools.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back