Racism in Today's Multi Cultural Society

@jsp you are being very contradictory again.
Regardless of all you say above, why do they need to demonstrate for black lives? why dont they just demonstrate for all lives? why do they bring colour into it? It is not just black people this is happening to.
Are these brutal killings and indiscriminate use of guns happening on OUR streets? No, they are not so why do we have such rioting on OUR streets?
Because they are rabble rousers playing the race card. That is why.

Not sure how I’m being contradictory please enlighten me.

I don’t know why they only want to focus on the death of black people that is up to them to answer not me. all I an say is that they clearly believe there’s something more sinister behind it and since they are the ones who live through it they’re much better placed to explain it than me.

Again best to ask those out protesting about why they are doing it but again I imagine it’s because they feel opportunities are not equal for them in this country. They maybe feel that they aren’t treated equally by police when they interact with them.

But that’s because the media are feeding them lies about how White people are treated by the police. Not telling them the true figures or even stating any figures about the deaths of white people. If I just listened to the media I’d believe there was a world wide pandemic where Black people are massively singled out. Instead my life experience and the figures show me that isn’t remotely true.

RULE BRITANNIA! - Well said Piers Morgan.
I am fed up listening to these muppets. We are not allowed to be patriotic anymore it seems. Tell them to F*** right off!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This anti British campaign needs to stop. If you don't want to be British go somewhere else. These people actually breed the racism.

Well, what do you know...... Mogg has a sense of humour!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I dont really get this. What are they actually trying to do? what is the message behind it?
Are they trying to alienate themselves so as black people only buy from black owned businesses? Are they asking people of all ethnics to buy from black businesses only? It seems divisive to me and I think these things do more harm than good.

Let’s call it for what it is. A racist event that is disgraceful.

Just imagine me telling you that you should shop at white only independent businesses.

I think it’s disgusting people are applauding shopping somewhere based on the owners skin colour. Of course others will be along soon. Justifying it and not understanding why it’s racist and accusing me of being racist for highlighting what it actually is.

Honestly don’t know why you let something like that bother you.

Because imagine the other way around if there were people urging white pound day and encouraging people not to shop in black owned stores.

Or if UberEats gave white only stores a discount.

I get the idea of trying to encourage it but it’s the actively encouraging people not to spend money at white independent shops. It should just be a case of shop at independent shops when you can. There are many independent shops struggling to make ends meet. Locally the virus has probably been good for them.

Honestly don’t know why you let something like that bother you.
In the first instance it is observation. Secondly it is the highlighting of psychological projection (look it up), which people who spend too much time sitting in self immersion in their garden sheds seem to be oblivious to.
Indeed you yourself have stated you can offer little to the discussion as you have always lived in an environment where you have had little to no exposure of racism, which is suggestive you're a sand crab who rarely comes out of it's shell. I personally think it is unlikely you have not been exposed to forms of racism socially or in the workplace.
These campaigns by the Black Lives Matter movement are counter productive, they are divisive and in my opinion breed racism.
If you will pardon the pun it is the ultimate case of the pot calling the kettle black.
We are all different I suppose, I personally would never take the knee in any circumstances as I have a clear conscience and feel no need to be apologetic to anybody of any race. Others would take the knee and lick shoes into the bargain, themselves victims of psychological projection.

Tells the police she will take it up directly with Cressida Dick, the Met Police Commissioner. Talk about going on a power trip!
I havent seen anything of that silly cow Dawn Butler on social media today expressing her condolences for that poor police officer who lost his life last night. She is a total disgrace.
Too busy trying to recover from the trauma of getting stopped by the police I presume. Went to extreme lengths on social media, posting videos and the like in a blatant and ill advised attempt at police shaming.
Wonder if she has contacted Cressida Dick today!!

I see that now, seems she has worked her way into a damned if you do, damned if you dont scenario with her previous disgraceful behaviour.

Something needs to be done about this shit (yes shit, not shite) in America!!!
Another black man murdered by police. Seems he refused to put a knife down, but is that a good reason to so willingly pump 7 bullets into him from a distance where he posed no threat.
His family say he had mental problems, an eye witness says they could easily have tazered him. Why didnt they tazer him?
I dont know why a country would want a president the age of Biden or how they got themselves into a situation where he is the only realistic alternative. But anything has to be better than Trump, that man is setting us back decades.

Had a read down through the thread and have to say really well done guys in discussing the complex and emotive topic of race relations, when so many boards and parts of social media are more concerned with cancel culture and shutting down open debate. Only through taking in ALL viewpoints and applying critical thinking can we as society hope to tackle race (or any major issues) in any meaningful way. Well done all.

Absolute hogwash.

You do realise how utterly disgraceful the Windrush scandel is?

What have we done exactly to tackle the issue?
I totally agree, this was indeed disgraceful. But have we not since dealt with it?

What have we done exactly to tackle the issue?
Was there not independent review's, resignations and total condemnation of There's Mays Home Office. Blasted and branded as totally ignorant and thoughtless in how they implemented what should have been a totally legitimate tightening of immigration policy.
It's fuckwit public servants that have no clue about how to apply common sense to anything.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson's senior adviser on ethnic minorities is to stand down, it has emerged.

Samuel Kasumu will leave the role next month. He had previously handed in his resignation in February, before retracting it.

Downing Street sources rejected suggestions his departure was linked to the findings of a government-commissioned report on race.

The report, which faced criticism from campaigners, came out on Wednesday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of interest, who did the report? was a fairly broad panel, different races, religions etc? Its findings have certainly not gone down well with some. Daily Mail loves it of course.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson's senior adviser on ethnic minorities is to stand down, it has emerged.

Samuel Kasumu will leave the role next month. He had previously handed in his resignation in February, before retracting it.

Downing Street sources rejected suggestions his departure was linked to the findings of a government-commissioned report on race.

The report, which faced criticism from campaigners, came out on Wednesday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of interest, who did the report? was a fairly broad panel, different races, religions etc? Its findings have certainly not gone down well with some. Daily Mail loves it of course.
Of course it has faced criticism from campaigners. That's what they do!
Like them numpties sitting up trees and digging tunnels, they aren't going to stop anything. Best thing they could do is go and get a hair cut and find some employment.

Of course it has faced criticism from campaigners. That's what they do!
Like them numpties sitting up trees and digging tunnels, they aren't going to stop anything. Best thing they could do is go and get a hair cut and find some employment.
you just haven't grown with the times have you.

Who's sitting up tree's and digging tunnels in relation to this report exactly? To label people who disagree with you or something is really sad.

I swear you come on here to see how quickly you can get banned.

you just haven't grown with the times have you.

Who's sitting up tree's and digging tunnels in relation to this report exactly? To label people who disagree with you or something is really sad.

I swear you come on here to see how quickly you can get banned.
You have referenced campaigners. I am talking campaigners in general, and this instance it's the HS2 malarky.
I dont like them, their just hippie's looking for an easy ride through life. They dont contribute to society and sponge of the rest of us. I am entitled to have and make that opinion just as you are to dislike it.

but we were talking about a report on racism, not HS2.

It's fine having an opinion. But you don' thave to label everyone. Who says that all campaigners are hippies? and looking for an easy ride?

For HS2, some don't like the impact on the environment, some don't like the fact its a lot of money to speed up a train journey by 20 mins. Some don't like all the money being spent is to aid London. All points, agreeable or not, but I don't think everyone with those ideas go around smoking joints with long hair, assuming thats the stereotype you have in your mind.

You seem like the kind of person who wouldn't have liked the Suffragettes with statments like that. Some people feel the need to protest.

Aye, protest is their goal life. Nothing else. If they had nothing to protest about their lives would be totally pointless.

t's fine having an opinion. But you don' thave to label everyone. Who says that all campaigners are hippies? and looking for an easy ride?
I see your wee pals are really bored with life now.
A 30 strong mob attacked construction staff working on HS2 on Friday night. Police said "This was an unacceptable outbreak of violent disorder where a number of people were attacked in what appears to have been a premeditated and orchestrated incident".
8 people were injured.

Not my pals.
You truly do just make stuff up

What I said was, in easier terms for you, not all protesters are as you describe them.

I wouldn't protest about it, but it is their right to protest. If it turns into violence then I guess they'll get nicked.

I don't know why you let it bother you so much. I wouldn't even read that. Couldn't care less about people protesting about it.

Just seen footage of the shooting in Minneapolis, looks to me like it was an awful accidental shooting and not racially motivated.

Yeah surely she'll end up on manslaughter charges rather than murder charges as the footage seems pretty clear in a moment of panic as the suspect tried to drive off she thought she was firing a taser when actually she pulled her handgun.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back