Quarter Finals

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Brazil vs Belgium
France vs Uruguay
England vs Sweden
Russia vs Croatia

So who do we think will go through here?

I think Brazil will just edge Belgium
If Cavani is fit I think Uruguay will beat France if not I think France will sneak it.
England 10-0 obviously
Russia I think will sneak it if they can play like they did against Spain

I think Belgium will actually see off Brazil. I don’t think Brazil have been that impressive in the slightest. Obviously if Brazil turn it on then it’ll be tough but just got this feeling Lukaku and co will turn them over.

France will edge Uruguay. Uruguay have a top defence but I think France will just take it. I would say 1-0 or 2-1.

England will smash Sweden into tiny little pieces.

Croatia will beat Russia. Been quite a story but on the day I think Croatia will edge it. Spain are a poor team now and I wasn’t surprised at all Russia beat them.

France will beat Uraguay
Belgium I think will beat Brazil
I'm going Croatia to be beat Russia
England to beat Sweden

I think Brazil's problem is they're missing Casemiro but they'll just play Fernandinho instead.

If Belgium stick to 3-4-3 they're putting De Bruyne & Witsel up against Paulinho/Fernandinho/Coutinho I think if he doesn't change his tactics they'll get murdered in there but I think he will probably drop Mertens from the front 3 and play with either Dembele or Fellaini as a 3rd midfielder and go to 3-5-2. The issue they might have is playing a back 3 makes it hard to double up on Neymar.

Bit annoyed I'll miss this game as it could be really interesting currently going to miss both the Friday games due to work and some charity fundraiser thing the mrs is dragging me too. She was not impressed when I asked if they'd be showing the football :rolleyes:.

Bit annoyed I'll miss this game as it could be really interesting currently going to miss both the Friday games due to work and some charity fundraiser thing the mrs is dragging me too. She was not impressed when I asked if they'd be showing the football :rolleyes:.
That’s why you specifically state that all social events are off the agenda when it interferes with matches. I stated specifically to my missus certain rules that comes with the World Cup and this was one of them.

She wasn’t having any of it but I did try.

She caught me off guard with this one we need to be there at 8 and so it's bang in the middle of the game.

You think you’ve got it bad missing the Friday games. I’m missing the England game Saturday. Recently started a charity raising awareness for mental heath in men and a series of courses I’ve got to do before the sessions can begin. Didn’t realise 5 months ago when I booked this one in that one of the days would fall on an England World Cup QF game!

Schoolboy errors there lads.

Good work on the charity though IDFD.

I work from home so might sneak the France game in.

Apparently Cavani missing for Uruguay! Now that’s a huge huge blow. France heavy favourites now for sure.

The France/Belgium double is 7/1. Going to have a nibble.

The way Cavani limped out I'd be amazed if he's fit enough to play again in the tournament looked like a calf strain you don't run those off in under 2 weeks let along a couple of days.

Shame because it takes away such a big part of that team.

France 2-0 Uruguay

Haven't seen any of it just spotted a headline saying a keeper error was a big factor in the result.

Keeper made a massive error but it was already 1-0 when he made it and Uruguay had one chance all game but Lloris made a fantastic save. France easily deserved winners.

France 2-0 Uruguay

Haven't seen any of it just spotted a headline saying a keeper error was a big factor in the result.
Proper howler by Muslera. Griezmann’s shot was pretty lame but for some reason the keeper tried to punch it or do something and it just hit his hands and went in. Very poor keeping.

Not sure Uruguay would have scored even if they had another 90 minutes to try and score. Without Cavani they looked incredibly toothless.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Glad I put some money on Belgium!

They have been very good so far and Lukaku has bullied them at times, he’s had some loose touches but he’s such a handful.

Hard to write off Brazil because they can get back into this but I can only see more goals for Belgium.

Managed to watch some of the game Belgium’s tactical change has totally caught Brazil sleeping first half dominated them all over the pitch.

As Rio said at half time Lukaku looks like the kid from 3 years above at school said he shouldn’t be allowed to play.

His run for the first goal was incredible

I had brazil in the sweepstake. All the managers and coaches pick Fellaini, particularly in the big games. He must have something about him.

Pogba, Fellaini and Lukaku all excellent today. Fellaini is a lot more tolerable in a team that performs well.

After missing most of the last 16 games and 2 days off, I really enjoyed the 2 games today. This is only my 6th World Cup but it's the best i've seen.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back