Pundits

Mr C

Jamie Redknapp, Martin Keown and Souness all slag off united at a drop of a hat for no reason.

Redknapp, Rashford must leave to get games, even though he has played loads this year, does he know Rashford is injured.

Pogba, Pep would get more out of him...ffs Pep has the side, the players he wants, to play how he wants to, does Jamie not remember last year when Pep was just a manager like the rest of them. Pogba and Jose have big problems. No Jamie, it looks like Pogba was injured and Jose doesn't want the world to know.

Why do they have to drag united into every discussion.

Get over it, Liverpool were awful when you were there, you've won nothing you were an average footballer who thought you were better than you actually were and your wife has left you

hahaha brilliant.

I've never heard so much rubbish as what comes out of Souness' mouth. He's just a bitter Man U hating ex-scouser. I really don't know how he is a pundit and his managerial career was more than suspect. It does show through which teams the pundits played for.

I do like the way Scholes, Rio and Gnev actually don't defend Utd. If they think something is wrong they say it and they seem fair with all the other teams.

I actually think Scholes goes too far the other way. He loves the club and is a fan so he rips in to us for these performances more than he would anyone else.

The thing to remember with all of these people is there's always an agenda behind anything they say.

Souness hates Pogba he makes no bones about it he thinks he's lazy and he's similarly as scathing of Aaron Ramsey before anyone suggests there's a racial undertone to it he doesn't question his ability with the ball but without it he says neither are good enough and leave midfield woefully exposed. Now I'd say that's possibly because they're not being played in the right system to accomodate their obvious talents but Souness calls it as he sees it.

As for Redknapp I don't really like him as a pundit he's a pretty boy and as far as I can tell he's there as a bit of eye candy and because of his family ties in football he offers very little insight and it's why he's never used on Monday Night Football where they go in depth on stuff. His comments about Rashford do have some truth to them he needs to be open to the idea of moving because of what is being put in front of him but this is Man Utd your job is to make it so the manager has to put you in nothing gets handed to you on a plate. It's not like we've signed Lewendowsi or Kane the barrier for him in the first team right now is Lukaku who's hardly banging them in so all he has to do is wait for his chance and make it count when it comes it won't take a lot for him to shift Lukaku.

Redknapp should've gone with Keys & Grey he belongs to that era on punditry on Sky it's moved on so far since then that he's been left behind.

If the pundit line up is poor I tend to give the pre/post game stuff a swerve and pay no attention to them as I imagine the players do.

I rarely watch any of the pre/post game stuff. I used to get sucked in to it all. I'll listen to the Neville/Carragher monday night stuff but that is about it. I rarely even bother listening to them at half time now days. Drive me nuts.

I try and watch the hour before and hour after the monday night game where I can because I think that's the best punidtry going the bit Carra did with Rooney the other night was also very good as he was very open and honest about a number of things.

The BT Sports football tonight thing on a Saturday night is also pretty good normally do an hour after the evening game with the pundits and they talk about a variety of things both current and historical.

The younger pundits who've only just given up the game are rightly taking over the old boys who just want to go on about back in my day are being phased out the game has moved on so far since they played that it might as well be a different sport so a lot of their expert opinion is no longer relevant. In 10 years time you could probably say the same about this lot as the games changing so quickly now

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back