Progress Under Van Gaal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bludsucker

Amidst all the shitstorm in the media and our fans over our performances i was wondering have we made any progress under Van Gaal?

My answer to this simple question would be to take a look at how the fans expectations have progressed since the horror show that was moyes. I saw that under moyes we were despondent. Hoping for anyone else to come and take over from him. Anything other than moyes would have been considered as progress.

In van gaal's first season our expectations were to get back into champions league first. It did not matter how we got there, we needed to be back. Getting in the top four was considered as progress.

Now we want to at least mount a title challenge if not win the league. Anything less will not be acceptable to us. At the same time we want it to happen a bit more aesthetically pleasing.

This in itself tells me we are progressing under van gaal and that the club is heading in the right direction. Whether we win anything under van gaal or not we have to give credit to him for pulling the club out of the gutter which moyes left us in. We have to recognize that the club is buying players who will be there for a while after lvg. A good group of young players who may develop into world class talents. Also his work with the academy players is absolutely wonderful. I haven't seen so many academy players get chances under SAF.

There hasn't been much progress this season, last year he had some leeway in terms of performances and results as long as we got top four.

What would you consider as progress this season? If we win some silverware at the end of the season would you forgive him his style of play and give him one more transfer window or will you want him gone?

The defensive stability is a plus which helps when you have a goalkeeper that saves everything. We won't win a trophy but if we did I wouldn't sack him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back