185px-West_Ham_United_FC_logo.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Saturday, 29th September 2018
Premier League

London Stadium
12:30
BST

Actually surprisingly confident about this one. We tend to be better away from home than at home.

So Pogba starts this one? Or Jose shows again who’s boss and leaves him out?

Drop him now I think you lose him forever we just don’t have an alternative here.

DDG

Valencia Smalling Lindelof Shaw

Matic Fred Pogba

Sanchez Lukaku Martial

Think Dalot needs easing in 2 games in 3 days feels to much given he’s just back from injury.

Don’t see the point in Fellaini here think we need the legs of Fred in there to exploit West Ham’s lack of speed in midfield. No complaints from me if Fellaini does start he’d be in on merit.

Lingard has had a little run and done nothing think it needs to be changed I think Martial deserves a start.

DDG

Dalot Smalling Lindelof Shaw

Matic Fred Pogba

Sanchez Lukaku Martial

Put Sanchez in the right tell him to stay wide and if he can’t manage it then call it a day. Tel Pogba his talking in the pitch and if he can’t manage that call it a day.

I think we HAVE to have Pogba in, WHU's midfield will be very combative and Pogba will provide the only creativity.

I also think Arnautovic will be back this week so I fully expect Fellaini to babysit Lindeloff again.

I mean are things really that bad that we need to have Fellaini baby sit our centre backs against Arnautovic he's a decent striker but he's not that physical. If Fellaini is doing this job what is the point of Matic? He cost £40m and is supposed to be our enforcer in midfield. For me it's really one or the other from those two if Fellaini plays it should be with 2 of Pogba/Herrera/Fred/Periera guys who've got better passing skills and can move the ball a bit quicker I think with Matic/Fellaini/Pogba as a 3 we become a bit to slow and stodgy in the middle.

I just find Utd so hard to predict we seem to start games pretty well at the moment then completely collapse so if we can a few ahead we will probably be fine.

West Ham are dangerous on the counter got 2 decent wide players so I expect Utd to sit deep to starve them of space so can't see him going for both Dalot & Shaw from the start expect one of Valencia or Young to start at RB given Young played midweek you imagine it would be Valencia starting. Also, makes the whole Pogba not being captain a lot less of a hot topic.

Young hope that Wolves/Derby is us hitting the reset button and we will come back to the boil and get the result it feels like that's the way it'll be this season very stop start it's hard to see us putting together a consistent winning run it's going to be a few good games followed by a few bad ones as this team so far this season can't play badly and win.

Yes we are so unpredictable these days.

I'd say Matic will be the cdm, Fellaini will be used as a third cb/cdm

Yes we are so unpredictable these days.

I'd say Matic will be the cdm, Fellaini will be used as a third cb/cdm

But again what is the point in having Matic in the team if it isn't to be the protector of the defence as his passing is slow and predictable, he's not particularly mobile so he can't press, he's not really a goal threat apart from his once a season screamer. I like Matic but he's not really worth having in the team unless you are just going to put him in the middle of the pitch as a road block for me he should be doing the Fellaini job but currently Fellaini is in the team on merit both Fellaini & Matic have the same strengths and weaknesses in that role and it seems Periera's been canned for that position.

If Fellaini is in the middle dropping back in as a 3rd centre back that's Matic & Pogba in a 2 in midfield it's so defensive means there will be a huge gap to the front 3 as we won't have a number 10.

The weak spot for West Ham has to be the right back Zabaletta is about 100 years old so surely Sanchez or Martial needs to be making his life hell with Shaw bombing on as well.

But again what is the point in having Matic in the team if it isn't to be the protector of the defence as his passing is slow and predictable, he's not particularly mobile so he can't press, he's not really a goal threat apart from his once a season screamer. I like Matic but he's not really worth having in the team unless you are just going to put him in the middle of the pitch as a road block for me he should be doing the Fellaini job but currently Fellaini is in the team on merit both Fellaini & Matic have the same strengths and weaknesses in that role and it seems Periera's been canned for that position.

hahahah this is what we are all thinking!!!! Only Mr Mourinho knows the answer to that and that is why most of us want him gone.

Team: De Gea, Young, Smalling, Lindelof, Shaw, Fellaini, Matic, McTominay, Pogba, Martial, Lukaku

Subs: Grant, Bailly, Darmian, Herrera, Fred, Mata, Rashford

Sanchez not even in the squad is the big team news unless I’ve missed an injury?

Is that a 4-3-1-2?

I knew Fellaini would play, surprised Jose hasn't put his pet Sanchez in too.

And Mctominay???? Jesus

Not getting in to the debate about his performance but if he’s injury free and we’re 1-0 down with 20 to play not having him on the bench is quite frankly ridiculous. We’ve got 1 attacking sub in Rashford. 2 defenders and 2 CM’s. 6 CM’s in the matchday squad. The thought process there is bizarre.

Yep. That's Jose for you.

I take what your saying about Sanchez but maybe a rest/being taken out of the limelight might do him well/give him a kick up the arse.

Hopefully it won’t bite us. Let’s forget the off field rubbish for a while and enjoy a comfortable win. Pogba must be in a free role today. Go out there and impress.

Jesus. Another draw or loss coming. Fellaini and McTominay with Matic. That's just pathetic. Jose needs to go.

It is a strange formation/selection for sure.

I'm hoping Young can get up and put some crosses in on his right but Mctominay isn't the sort of player to do much overlapping

How early is too early to take McTominay off for Rashford and return to some semblance of a normal shape?

Missed the first 15 minutes sounds like an awful start.

McTominay in a back 3 is just weird with Bailly, Darmian & Herrera all on the bench.

That midfield 3 is so slow.

Can only assume Sanchez is injured as not being on the bench is crazy he wasn’t used midweek either.

West Ham’s strength is 2 good wingers and we’ve given them a load of space out wide in behind our wing backs.

Their weakness probably full backs and wingers not tracking back and we don’t appear to have put any emphasis on playing down the wings.

Seriously lads watch the line and stay onside FFS it’s basic.

I’d make 3 subs now. This is ridiculous. Why have we suddenly gone to 3-5-2 and playing McTominay at CB. Why are we continuing with only 2 attacking players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back