Sideshow Bob

185px-Watford.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Tuesday, 28th November 2017
Premier League
Vicarage Road
20:00 GMT

Tricky game this one Watford are in good form and they've beaten Arsenal and drew with Liverpool a home already this season so they will have nothing to fear from Utd coming to town.

Will be interesting to see what he does in terms of selection.

I could see him switching to a back 3 with Rojo coming in and will he risk playing his first choice full backs or will he have to rotate, last season Watford away was an absolute nightmare and 2 players were singled out by the manager in Smalling & Shaw one seems to have won the trust back of the manager the other clearly hasn't.

De Gea

Lindelof Smalling Rojo

Valencia Fellaini Matic Pogba Young

Martial Lukaku

I think we’ve got to get wide players in front of young an Valencia to help them out. A lot Watford’s game comes from their full backs and wide players so young and Valencia will need help. So I can see him going back to that sort of 4-3-3/4-5-1 thing.

I don’t think either Rashford or Martial covered themselves in any glory so I can see him picking one and dropping the other. Maybe a game for Lingard with his willingness to track back to help our full backs? Maybe. Either way I think we will sit back and keep it tight and try hit them on the counter. Maybe it will open up in the later stage of the game with the Rashford/Martial swap. But this feels like a tough game.

Tough game indeed and a potential banana skin like last year. Get beat here and we have tough games at Arse and Citeh that could really kick us in the nuts. Could make or break our season these 3 games.

I think we'll be looking at winning at Watford, a draw with Arse and prob get beaten by Citeh.

I think from the next 3 games we need 7 points to keep our title hopes alive and 3 of those points have to come against City, the way the league is now you have to beat your rivals at home because very few pick up points on the road as we've all got good home records.

Personally I think the title is gone not because City are 8 points clear but because I don't see us being able to keep up even this level of consistency over the whole season and City would need a massive collapse. All we can really do is win and at least cut the gap to 5 even if it's only for 24 hours it puts a bit more pressure on them to beat Southampton who are coming off a good win at the weekend, perfection is almost required now.

It's all about attitude tomorrow like Stoke & Huddersfield Utd have to arrive prepared for a fight whatever happens do not let the man opposite you beat you because he's worked harder than you. That Utd badge is a target and it takes a special type of person to be prepared for that and Watford will be bang up for it, they don't really have any rivals in the league so these games at home to the top sides are the ones that the fans and everyone gets themselves up for. Their main rivalry is with Luton who are in league 2 so it's games like these that the fans dine out on.

I think a few players still think these games will be easy and teams will just roll over and accept defeat it isn't like that here when you go away from home every game is a battle and if you're sloppy you can be quickly found out. City won 6-0 at Watford earlier in the season so if you can put them on the ropes they can collapse.

I'd hope that having fallen apart here last season in the way they did that the players will want to put that right as they embarrassed themselves last season in that defeat.

It's a blessing in disguise that Andre Gray scored at the weekend because he will probably keep his place over the returning Troy Deeney. I think if Lindelof is to play tonight, he would have struggled against someone as physical and strong as Deeney. It a part of his game that Lindelof has to work on.

In terms of the match itself I really would like us to get more crosses into the box and cause teams problems with our size. When Watford got battered by City 6 nil alot of the goals come from crosses or balls into the area that Watford just couldn't deal with. Watford's back 3 and that maverick keeper Gomes need to be given decisions to make because I think that more often then not Lukaku, Matic, Pogba or Felliani would win these aerial battles against everyone not just these tonight.

Massive massive game, this week is make or break, as JSP says we need a minimum of 4 points this week but in all honesty we need all 6 because Citeh have two winnable games at home so we could be rolling into the derby 10 points behind, if we go gung ho in the derby I fear we will get picked off a bit like last year, if we can nab 6 points this week, we go into the derby with the opportunity to drop the points to 5 going into Christmas which will put us right in the mix.

Tough Tough game tonight, I can see him going 4-3-3 to maybe try and control the midfield and get some control of the game, especially after how we got overrun last year, I reckon the team tonight will be something like.

DDG
Valencia Bailly (if fit, if not then Rojo) Smalling Young
Pogba Matic Fellani
Lingard Lukaku Martial

Scares me how limited our right wing options are, choice between Mata Lingard and bloody Miki

Got a feeling he might go 3 at the back with Lindelof.
I don't really care what he does, we just gotta have 3 points at the end of the game

Haha agreed mate, I know Lindelof had a good game against Brighton at home but I would be seriously worried if he plays tonight, I hope to god Deeney is on the bench if he does play.

Yeh Deeney would bully him off the pitch and knock his confidence to s**t

Haha agreed mate, I know Lindelof had a good game against Brighton at home but I would be seriously worried if he plays tonight, I hope to god Deeney is on the bench if he does play.

Deeney is a muppet he mouthed off when he scored vs Arsenal but he wasn't mouthing off in games he lost and played rubbish in. To be honest if Lindelof starts and he can't handle Deeney he needs to pack it in and go to another league you have to be able to stand up to the physical players to survive here and if you can't you won't survive.

I'd start him and go for the back 3 with Bailly in the middle and Rojo on the left.

Meant Smalling in the middle not Bailly.

Yeah personally I would bench him tonight just for that reason, he might be sound and come through it but it's to big a game to risk it imo

It's sink or swim time for Lindelof with Jones injured and Bailly seemingly injured every time he goes and plays for Ivory Coast it's time to give him a chance and see if he can handle it. My big issue with Lindelof is he seems terrified of the ball when it's in the air if he doesn't sort that out he can't survive in the Prem but hopefully it's just nerves as he looked good vs Italy. I hope with Rojo fit and alongside these two he'll be able to keep them in line as he seems to be the real leader back there.

Deeney is a lump and he'll try to push you around but it's basically all he can do if you stand up to him and don't let him get away with it he won't do anything his entire game is based around catching you by surprise and being off guard.

Team: De Gea, Lindelof, Smalling, Rojo, Valencia, Matic, Pogba, Young, Lingard, Lukaku, Martial.

3-4-1-2 by the looks of it.

Lingard has had some good games in that position behind the strikers let’s see if he can do it tonight.

2 absolute worldies from Young.

Utd has actually started quite sloppy struggling to get on the ball especially in midfield but they were 2 absolute pings from Young.

3-0! We haven’t even played that well to be fair. Cool finish from Martial.

Also notice Lukaku moaning at everyone with his hand in the air. He ought to concentrate on playing in his own position.
His positional play is poor, he seems to be drifting wide rather than staying up top.

Also notice Lukaku moaning at everyone with his hand in the air. He ought to concentrate on playing in his own position.
His positional play is poor, he seems to be drifting wide rather than staying up top.

He’s certainly struggling you can see the dry spell is getting to him hopefully he can get himself a goal second half.

No idea what’s happened here played ok but somehow 3-0 up.

Hopefully can close the game out now and save the legs a bit for Saturday.

Think it’s time to sub Lukaku he’s having a sulk and can’t hold it up needs to offer more than he currently is.

Lingard buzzing around playing well but that final shot/pass so often not there.

1-3

Silly tackle by Rojo giving away a pen.

Utd been a little bit sloppy second half taken our foot off the gas a bit

Deeney penalty for 3-1. Could be a tense finish but it shouldn’t be! Lukaku and Pogba could have scored but Lukaku definitely should have, shocking play from him, took about six extra touches when he should have just smashed it first time.

2-3

If he doesn’t step in here this is going to end a draw he’s got to change it.

The crosses are coming in way to easy and the midfield is getting over run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back