Sideshow Bob

220px-Stoke_City_FC.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Saturday, 21st January 2017
Premier League
bet365 Stadium
15:00 GMT

Maybe Rashford for Martial. That's the only one I can think of. Also maybe Shaw in for Darmian.

Team: De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Smalling, Blind, Fellaini, Herrera, Pogba, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Ibrahimovic.
Subs: Romero, Darmian, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Lingard, Rashford, Rooney

Sometimes I do wonder about Jose. I know he is getting things together but still. No Carrick? Come on!

People can defend Fellaini all they want. People can say that he's playing well or whatever. Point remains that we are much worse when he's in the team from the start. Why? Because he's not a fit for this team or system that's why.

I didn't actually say that. But when he plays this team doesn't perform anywhere near as well. It's not as fluid. Sorry but people will defend him for the sake of it. I didn't actually say it was his fault or that he made a mistake. But technically he's not good enough and that hurts the team.

Look you can go on about his height, the issues he causes in the opposition box, the fact that he puts in a shift. Fine I don't necessarily agree but I'm not going to argue that. But he's not a holding midfield player and he makes our midfield worse. And to be quite blunt it's ridiculous that anyone would deny that.

How did we start the early part of the season? Pretty poorly. Who was playing most weeks? Oh yeah Fellaini. The sooner this club accepts that he's not United quality the better.

Poor for the first 30 minutes or so, but bit better until half time. Ball retention was awful.

This is nothing but bad finishing. Mata missed an open goal. Zlatan tried to chest a ball down when he should have headed it and passed when he should have shot. It's arguable whether fellaini is good enough but that isn't the reason we are losing this game.

This is nothing but bad finishing. Mata missed an open goal. Zlatan tried to chest a ball down when he should have headed it and passed when he should have shot. It's arguable whether fellaini is good enough but that isn't the reason we are losing this game.
The reasons we are losing this game is because the passing hasn't been good enough, the players have missed opportunities and the holding role in this system is absolutely vital and Fellaini can't play that role.

He isn't playing the holding role, herrera is. The passing has been OK at times and woeful at others. The problem is we don't have an adequate replacement for Carrick. But bad finishing and final ball are the reasons we are losing.

He isn't playing the holding role, herrera is. The passing has been OK at times and woeful at others. The problem is we don't have an adequate replacement for Carrick. But bad finishing and final ball are the reasons we are losing.

OK I was trying to avoid people moaning at me. He shouldn't actually play any position because he's not good enough. But he's not the sole reason we aren't winning he's just part of the problem.

Lots of chances from the sounds of it but I'm not sure any truly great chances?

Well... Wazza does it... Breaks the record and saves the day. Didn't see that coming and I was just reading how invisible he had been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back