Sideshow Bob

180px-FC_Southampton.svg.png
v
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Saturday, 31st August 2017
Premier League
St. Mary's Stadium
12:30 BST

Gomes in for Lingard? Should McTominay keep his place in the team?

I certainly think it’s time to freshen it up in the attack Lingard has to drop out either for Mata, Periera or Gomes.

I think McTominay deserves another go but he’s in the last chance saloon I have no real desire to see Matic come back in, I don’t think Pereira is suited to that role and I don’t have a clue where Fred is.

We may be forced into change by injury both Shaw and Martial could miss the game having picked up injuries vs Palace. This could be a major problem as it means no natural left footer on the left side which will make us very narrow.

Liverpool snuck out of Southampton with 3 points the other week thanks to 2 great goals by their front 3 but could easily have dropped points.

For me if everyone is fit I’d change Lingard for Mata but I’d bring Gomes up to the bench.

We have got to improve. If we dont get CL, the slim chance of Keeping Pogba will be gone.

It's a must win for me already. We need to get a run of wins.

We need to play for life without Pogba he's going next summer there's no point fighting it anymore.

I agree getting CL football will help with the signings that still need to be made.

I don't think in the 3 games we've played particularly badly the team has kept fighting to the end and shown some togetherness that was maybe lacking towards the end of last season but there are obviously areas that can be tightened up.

Sounds like Shaw and Martial are definitely out of this one so will be some changes.

DDG

AWB Lindelöf Maguire Young

McTominay Pogba

Lingard Mata James

Rashford

I think we'll end up with something like this which will make us very narrow we may see a start for someone like Greenwood but there's a chance that players like Chong and Gomes might be on the bench because of the injury.

A few signs tonight in the U23’s about what youngsters will be in the squad tomorrow. Gomes and Williams play tonight but no Garner, Greenwood or Chong which suggests they will be in the squad for this game.

Lingard or Mata at 10? Doesn't really matter. Both are uninspiring. I'd like to see Pogba as the advance midfielder in a three man midfield.

Yep it should be Pogba as the advanced midfielder and probably McTominay and Fred behind him. Lingard has no business being a number 10, so many games pass him by. Squad player yep but not a starter.

Team: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Young; McTominay, Mata, Pogba; James, Rashford, Pereira.

Could 4-3-3 but looks 4-2-3-1 guessing Mata as the 10 and Rashford as he centre forward hard to tell who plays what side on the wings.

Bench is looking thin as always

Romero, Rojo, Tuanzebe, Lingard, Matic, Chong, Greenwood.

I’d guess it’s a 4-3-3 with Mata down the right and James down the left.

Would be strange to change the formation now when you’ve put the only number 10 we’ve got in the starting XI but I guess we will see.

Periera played wide in the first game vs Chelsea so who knows.

Where is Martial?

Injured was basically on one leg at the end of the palace game he’s out for about a month.

More importantly where is Fred? Can’t even get on that bench not looking good for him.

Yep we have to win now. Lingard and Matic could be the most uninspiring subs I’ve ever seen. Need Greenwood on here just to give us another option.

Really disappointing. Tactically ole has lots to learn. We keep leading games and then the opposition make tactica changes and we don't react. Hard not to be knee jerk but again for me rashford was absolutely abysmal

Ole facing a lot of pressure during the international break. 5 from 12 against Chelsea Wolves Palace and Southampton isn’t good enough.

What’s worse than Young at right back? Young at left back.

I’m so sick of his shit clipped balls to the back post it was ineffective as a winger and it’s worse as a full back he just shouldn’t be playing never was good enough and is only still here because he’s a cheap solution.

They were poor today all of them apart from James, De Gea and maybe Wan-Bissaka absolute garbage all over the pitch.

As for Rashford that ball went across the 6 yard box 3 times and not once was he attacking it I’m sorry but you’re a centre forward those ones are gifts you have to be attacking the goal in those positions not hanging back.

Going to be a long season lads no doubt about that this team is going nowhere this season.

Lindelof has a problem in the air but not much he can do in that situation that blokes got 6 inches and the run on him he challenged but he was stuffed.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back