1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premier League: Southampton v Manchester United

Discussion in 'Matchday Discussion' started by SuperRash, May 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperRash

SuperRash Moderator

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]

Wednesday, 17th May 2017
    Premier League
    St Mary's
    19:45 BST
    Potential to be a dullfest? Neither have got anything to play for.

2. IDFD

IDFD Well-Known Member

As I said in another thread I think it should be the Europa league starting 11 in this one. We don't want to go in to that game 5 games without a win

3. jsp

jsp Well-Known Member

I think they will also benefit from playing together as I'd be focusing on what that team did well and not so well in training after the game ready for the final a week later.

I think it's their last home game so they'll want to end on a high having lost that cup final a win at home to Utd is a big sign off for them to send the fans away for the summer happy after an ok season.

It's a glorified training session as far as I'm concerned.

The only potential issue might be Pogba with his father passing away over the weekend will he play or will he be given further time to spend with his family.

4. Sideshow Bob

Sideshow Bob Avatar & New Members Forum Mod

Confirmed squad: Romero, Pereira, O'Hara, Darmian, Tuanzebe, Bailly, Jones, Smalling, Mitchell, Carrick, Herrera, McTominay, Lingard, Fellaini, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Rooney, Martial, Rashford.

5. jsp

jsp Well-Known Member

Guessing start Romero tomorrow night then play Pereira at home to Palace? Also, assuming Pogba has been given more time to spend with his family following the death of his father.

No point playing Bailly at CB surprised Valencia hasn't travelled I would've thought he'd want to give his back 4 for the final 90 minutes together.

It's largely pointless now it would take a minor miracle to finish 5th and we can't drop any lower. I guess for the 3 guys behind the striker it's a chance to play their way into the team for the final but I can see this game being played at a pre season pace as no one is playing for anything.

Romero

Bailly Jones Smalling Darmian

Herrera Fellaini

Mhiki Mata Martial

Rashford

6. SuperRash

SuperRash Moderator

Yeah I would go along with Pereira playing against Palace. Could we also see Valencia and Pogba against Palace? Just to give them a bit of game time before the final? Or will Jose just keep them for the final?

I would go along with that line up jsp but I think Rooney may start in one of the forward roles.

As for the game itself, meh. Doesn't matter one iota, 5th and 6th are much of a muchness, not bothered where we finish. Obviously I hope we win but wouldn't lose sleep if we lost.

7. Sideshow Bob

Team: Romero, Bailly, Jones, Smalling, Darmian, Tuanzebe, Fellaini, Mata, Rooney, Mkhitaryan, Martial.
    Subs: Pereira, Mitchell, McTominay, Carrick, Herrera, Lingard, Rashford.

8. Sideshow Bob

Handball, but was it outside the penalty area? Romero saves!

9. jsp

jsp Well-Known Member

Hard to tell on replay if he was inside or out but it's totally stupid by Bailly. Decent save by Romero but a poor penalty no power on your it.

Is his punishment for that red card having to play RB for the rest of the season?

Team clearly isn't that bothered but these attackers are all playing for starting spots in the final so you'd think they'd have a point to prove but no midfield playmaker in there to get them the ball early.

10. SuperRash

SuperRash Moderator

Least the penalty was a bit of excitement. Apart from that been pretty dull!

11. O-Dog

O-Dog Well-Known Member

Sounds like Romero's doing well. Tuanzebe in midfield?

12. JSNFRMN_MUFC

JSNFRMN_MUFC Moderator

Not watched that closely but Tuanzebe impressing again for me, i'd like to see him and Bailly at centre half on Sunday, looking at the future.

13. Berba_God

Berba_God Well-Known Member

The game is on in the background but I haven't really been watching it intently.

14. SuperRash

SuperRash Moderator

Yeah Tuanzebe looks very assured, clearly a good prospect. Romero has done well also. Other than that, meh.

15. Sideshow Bob

Unlucky Martial.

16. Sideshow Bob

Match day thread closed.

Please use existing Match Discussion threads or create new threads to discuss talking points in the Manchester United forum: Manchester United | Stretford End Arising Forum (link to Manchester United forum).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.