Premier League relegation battle 2019/20

IDFD

Having a look at the table because of another thread. And got me wondering who we expect to go.

Table looks like this from 14th down.

Palace 30
Brighton 26
Bournemouth 26
Villa 25
---------------------
West Ham 24
Watford 23
Norwich 18

I think you can rule Norwich as good as gone and Palace as safe. Leaving 2 from 5.

I expect Watford to get to safety and Bournemouth to get dragged in to it. I'd like to see Villa stay up. Couldn't really care for Brighton/Bournemouth.

Big shout out to Southampton who after getting battered by Leicester got themselves together and dug themselves out of a hole.

Norwich, Bournemouth & West Ham for me.

Norwich just aren't good enough they're good fun but concede way to many goals.

Bournemouth think the magic has just gone for them King/Wilson/Fraser all massively off the boil this season and missing Brookes just don't have anything going forward.

West Ham just a bad side got no goals in them think the bad feeling around the club will drag them down as well.

Brighton 31games 33 points
Watford 30 games 28 points
West Ham 31 games 27 points

Bournemouth 31 games 27 points
Aston Villa 31 games 27 points
Norwich 31 games 31 points

Getting very very tight at the bottom

Brighton taken 4 points from 6 after the restart might have got themselves safe but they have tough games.

I’d like to see Villa stay up as I drink with a Villa fan. I also drink with a couple of West Ham fans and my partner is a Brighton fan. So Watford have got to go.

I’d happily see West Ham go they play awful football, got a bad manager and horrible owners that club deserve relegation even if the fans don’t but they’ve been sold out by their owners.

Don’t mind if villa stay up or even Watford.

I think with Pearson Watford will turn it around they’ve got a good bunch of players there should have been mid table.

Norwich are gone. Think Villa will follow and then hopefully West Ham. I like Bournemouth and even though they’ve had a rotten season I think they will ultimately pull some results out the bag when they need to.

West Ham just look awful, if Moyes takes them down and if he gets fired then think he’s done in English football. They’ve spent a lot of money on guys like Haller, Andersen, Yarmolenko etc but they still look diabolical.

I’d like to see Villa stay up as I drink with a Villa fan. I also drink with a couple of West Ham fans and my partner is a Brighton fan. So Watford have got to go.
But if United want Grealish then might make it easier if they go down.

I definitely want West Ham to go down.

Villa lose again 3 home games in a row 1 point taken.

Next 2 are Liverpool and Man Utd they look like they’re in big trouble.

Team even looks like they’ve given up.

Watford lose 3-1 at home to Southampton. Opening up an opportunity again for those below them.

Bournemouth and West Ham 1 point behind with a game in hand.

West Ham and Watford probably thought they were safe after wins this weekend but Villa and Bournemouth both pulling out wins kept their hopes alive.

Norwich are finally gone had a bright start to the season but totally fell away just don't have the quality to play the way that they want to play teams score against them for fun if you're letting them in at close to 2 per game you won't last long in the PL.

With goal difference the way it is Villa/Bournemouth probably need 2 wins from the last 3 to stay up which feels unlikely but with most things now wrapped up in terms of league finishes the results will get strange as teams are probably going to put a few kids in.

I hope Villa get a win in the next two just for the excitement of Villa vs West Ham in a relegation thriller last game of the season.

To be honest ideally we want a West Ham win in their next game so their game vs us the following week doesn't have anything riding on it.

Last 3 games

Bournemouth
Man City (A), Southampton (H), Everton (A)

Villa
Everton (A), Arsenal (H), West Ham (A)

Watford
West Ham (A), Man City (H), Arsenal (A)

West Ham
Watford (H), Man Utd (A), Villa (H)

So in the next round of games Bournemouth and Villa both play before the West Ham vs Watford game which means if both teams lose these two could just play out a 0-0 draw knowing that a point probably means both stay up. If one team wins that game then they are safe.

Villa doing a sterling job tonight, leading Arsenal with a few moments to go. Gonna be a cracking final day with three teams in the mix. Villa 34pts, Watford 34pts and Bournemouth 31pts.

Arsenal vs Watford
Everton vs Bournemouth
West Ham vs Villa

Got to say Villa will be favourites going into that final day - if they hang on vs Arsenal.

Yep they hung on. Gonna be an tense last day! Villa in 17th as it stands but even if they all lost, Watford could move up to 17th and survive if they get beat with a small margin and Villa lose heavily. Great last day in prospect for relegation and top 4.

Goal difference makes West Ham safe.

Huge win for Villa.

So Villa survived in the end.

Bournemouth beat Everton but it was to late. Where was this form for the majority of the season? They have just underperformed. You would imagine players like Ake, King, Wilson etc will be prised away so they may have a big job to get out of the Championship again.

So Villa survived in the end.

Bournemouth beat Everton but it was to late. Where was this form for the majority of the season? They have just underperformed. You would imagine players like Ake, King, Wilson etc will be prised away so they may have a big job to get out of the Championship again.
Ake and King would improve our squad. Submit a cheeky bid?

Can’t say I’ve watched them much this season but I’ve always liked the look of Doucoure in midfield for Watford.

Going to be a rough road for them can with that ownership model.

Had Sheff Utds goal against Aston Villa been allowed where it crossed the line but the goal line tech was faulty, Bournemouth would have survived & Villa relegated.

Had Sheff Utds goal against Aston Villa been allowed where it crossed the line but the goal line tech was faulty, Bournemouth would have survived & Villa relegated.

Easy to say that but had Villa needed a win in that last game would they have pushed harder.

It’s easy to point at one moment but there was 8 games after that.

I see your point completely. But I was highlighting that as the table stood when it finished one failure in 9900 games from Hawkeye has cost Bournemouth their place in the league. I’d be surprised if there isn’t some sort of legal issue simply because this isn’t like your ordinary mistake by a ref with human error which is accounted for and can’t be protested, like a mistakenly ruled offside goal. This is the technology blatantly messing up.

As far as Villa were concerned they did need a win. Watford went in to the game level on points and a goal behind.

I see your point completely. But I was highlighting that as the table stood when it finished one failure in 9900 games from Hawkeye has cost Bournemouth their place in the league. I’d be surprised if there isn’t some sort of legal issue simply because this isn’t like your ordinary mistake by a ref with human error which is accounted for and can’t be protested, like a mistakenly ruled offside goal. This is the technology blatantly messing up.

As far as Villa were concerned they did need a win. Watford went in to the game level on points and a goal behind.

They won’t get anywhere with a legal challenge no one broke any rules they were just unlucky that a bit of technology failed to work. The only grounds they’d have would be if someone had tampered with it to stop it from working. I’d have a lot more sympathy if it was in the last few games but there was so much time left after that. Bournemouth really only have themselves to blame just drifted through the season haven’t signed well.

They needed a win at kick off but they would have known that Watford went 3-0 down so a draw would be good enough so they never had to go all out kamikaze attack.

Jeez.

let it go, it was a huge mistake but that has happened in football every season.

It's the first time Hawkeye has failed in 9000 games apparently.

So it’s failed in 0.0001% of games.

Makes sense for Bournemouth to look into it given the cost of relegation but I don’t see them getting anywhere with it unless they can prove they lied about the cameras and it was actually never working ie someone didn’t set it up properly before the game.

Hawkeye will no doubt have something in its agreement stating it isn’t 100% accurate and they are not responsible for any loss which will put Bournemouth on to pursuing the premier league which would be a terrible idea.

Also linking one event to your relegation will be tough as Hawkeye could just point to any favourable decision that they got in their favour in 38 games that denied Villa extra points or rewarded Bournemouth points.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back