220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
Vs
185px-West_Ham_United_FC_logo.svg.png

Sunday August 13th 2017
4pm KO
Premier League
Old Trafford
It's back!

Always an exciting time knowing that first game is just around the corner. Hopefully we start with a good solid three points, hope that pesky Chicharito doesn't come back to haunt us!

As for a line-up, something like this?:

De Gea

Valencia - Bailly - Smalling - Darmian

Matic

Herrera - Pogba

Mkhitaryan - Lukaku- Martial

Got to be Bailly & Lindelof together at CB for me but hard to argue with the rest of your side.

I made a small fortune betting on our home draws last season (got to make the best of a bad situation, right?) but this should be a straightforward win.

West Ham don't have the creativity to break us down or the strength to hurt us from set pieces. We should cause them nightmares at the other end.

3-0 United (Lukaku, Mata, Rashford)

Top of the table - enjoy while it lasts.

Are we doing the line up prediction game this season??
Hopefully be getting some kind of prediction league sorted soon.

I made a small fortune betting on our home draws last season (got to make the best of a bad situation, right?) but this should be a straightforward win.
Wonder how many times those fateful words of 'this should be a straightforward win' were muttered last season? I remember saying them a lot and then came the draws BUT this should be a straightforward win. :D

3 or 4 to nil me thinks [cake]. We've had a good pre season against some tough opposition. Should hit the road running.

1-1 draw

Going with the form :p

Know it'll be far too early for that kind of talk but a home draw to start this season would be such a downer after all those home draws last season, it's what let us down last season and we really need to turn those draws into wins this season, even if we don't win the league this season, that progress needs to be seen.

Can see Smalling starting ahead of Lindelof, who I think will be given the Mkhi treatment at the start of this season. Otherwise I expect a lineup that is expected. Fellaini over Herrera a possibility due to height! The 2 wide berths are open too. Rashford or Martial, Mkhi or Mata, so probably Lingard.

Hope he does start lindelof I put him in my fantasy team.

Got to start your new £30m centre back surely.

Not if he's not ready for it. I think he needs easing in, from the little i've seen of him, he looks overwhelmed to be here, needs time to settle and then get introduced in League Cup and Europe. Jose knows best though so if he starts, he's ready, I don't think he'll gamble on his CB's especially after how disastrous Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea have been at the back this weekend. Along with all that I think Smalling's height and prowess in the air just gives him the advantage over Lindelof today against a tall West Ham side.

I'm in a West Ham pub. All their fans are saying please just stop at 2-0 no confidence in them at all for today's game.

First game of the season is a lottery. As we've seen this weekend. Let's lay down a marker and go top of the league.

Team: De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Jones, Blind, Matic, Pogba, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Rashford, Lukaku.

Well that was a disappointing 1-1 dra ..... Oh wait.

4-0! Terrific performance really and we finally played with some swagger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back